Angelica Schuyler- Dance (c)

You had been friends with the Schuyler sisters since birth. Angelica was closest to your age, and with your fathers working together you spent a lot of time together not that you could ever admit to her your true feelings for her. It wasn't proper for a woman to love another woman but you'd rather keep her as a friend than lose her all together.

It was a common occurrence to be at a ball as that was one of the main expectations of a woman, to look pretty and try to find a noble husband if your father hadn't picked one out first.

Having spent a few hours dancing with men that you had no interest in, you decided to retreat to the side of the room for a moment before another man wanted you to dance. You saw Angelica sat down looking glum, a look she really never had.

You approached her, gently resting a hand onto her shoulder to gain her attention. Her head snapped up at you looking startled.

"Y/N," she sighed in relief when she realised who you were.

"Angelica, are you okay?" You asked knowing she wasn't.

"Yes," she said, seeming offended at the accusation that she may not be okay.

You looked across the room to try and see what she had previously been transfixed by. There you saw her younger sister Eliza dancing with a man you knew by the name Alexander Hamilton.

"You like him?" You questioned gesturing to the man that her sister was clearly infatuated with.

"I have never felt this way about anyone," she whispered.

Her words tore at your heart but you knew she didn't mean to offend you. She would never like you in return but sadly you were sure the man she had her eyes on wouldn't either as his focus was on her younger sister.

You wanted to comfort her but you didn't know how. You kept your hand on her shoulder to comfort her until an idea popped into your head. Gesturing your hand to her you left it there for her to take, although she just looked at it confused.

"What are you doing?" She questioned.

"Asking you to dance, Milady," you grinned curtseying to add effect.

Angelica shook her head. "That isn't proper Y/N. Two women dancing isn't proper."

You moved your other hand to rest on your hip, furrowing your eyebrows at the woman sat in front of you.

"Well frankly it isn't proper for a beautiful lady to be moping over a gentleman," you said rather forcefully knowing tough love was the best method at the current moment. "And anyway, he doesn't seem that great."

She couldn't help but smile and take your hand to be lead towards the crowd of dancing people.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by