Aaron Burr- Break (a)

Over the course of a mere few months you had noticed that the once hopeful and joyful eyes of your husband become greyed and fatigued, his once prideful stance and aura was now weakened, he seemed like a mere shell of his former self. He had been out all day, in hard-headed talks with members of the opposing party and once he had arrived home, he had kept to himself.

"Come on, you'll get through eventually." Aaron sat at the end of the bed, even though he had been home from his diplomacy venture for a few hours, he had stayed in the same clothes down to his boots. His plate of untouched food sat stone cold behind him on the bed as it did most nights.

"I take it the talks didn't go well? I did all I could think of to try and bring Jefferson and Madison down, but those two are as solid as a rock."

He groaned and ran his hands down to the back of his head.

"They wont budge, they're stance on the political geography is ridiculous, but they just... wont... move."

"Why don't we take a break? Go somewhere nice, at the least it will clear your head a bit."

"I don't need to take a break, ill be okay... I just need a good night's sleep." His hands reached up and solemnly unbuttoned his shirt and unbuckled his trousers.

"Aaron! Stop being ridiculous. You can spare a few days, you're going to go insane. You've hit a brick wall and you just need a few days."

"Fine. A few days, well go upstate or something, see your parents. Okay? If you think it will help, who am I to say no?"

"Fine, but you leave any and all paperwork, books, documents and manuscripts that relate in anyway to work."

"You know I can't do that y/n... at least let me take up a few of my law references."

"No Aaron. Learn when to stop or you're going to work yourself to death." A strange mix of annoyance and thankfulness accumulated in a small smile, he got up and folded his clothes down by the side of the bed, before sliding himself into the freshly washed sheets and before you could even undress and get in with him, his eyes had closed and he drifted off to a quiet and hopefully restful peace.

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.