Lafayette- Sunset (c)

You felt as though you were the luckiest woman in the world when you started to court Lafayette. He was a handsome man of status with an honourable and loving heart that made you feel as though you were the only woman in the world that mattered and to him that was true. At every point in your courtship, he tried to make you feel special and it did not matter how, as long as he could bring a smile onto your face.

In the middle of the evening, he arrived at your front door with a bundle of flowers, offering to take you for a walk to the nearby park to watch the sunset. You turned to your father for approval and he nodded with a sly smile, taking the flowers from you to allow you to leave with the man whom he seemingly approved of.

The two of you headed on a silent walk to the park before he led you to a pre-picked spot that showed the sky meeting the horizon as it turned into deep orange. Lafayette wrapped an arm around your shoulders to help fight the bitter evening breeze as the two of you took in the pleasant sight.

"Thank you for bringing me here," you smiled fondly. "It is such a beautiful view."

He shook his head with a gentle laugh. "I must admit I had an ulterior motive to seeing the sunset."

You cocked an eyebrow at him. "What is it?"

Lafayette paused taking a moment to compose his thoughts, his expression faltering in a nervous stupor.

"Well I do believe that pretty sunsets are good for pretty confessions, don't you think?" He offered trying to keep his confident bravado.

He held your hand, raising it to his lips before moving down onto one knee.

"What are you doing?" You laughed, oblivious to what this moment meant.

"I dearly love you," he smiled. "I have wished to spend the rest of my life with you since we first met and I am beyond joyous to learn that your father believes I am good enough for you even though we both know you deserve only the best in the world. I would like to have the honour to call you my wife, so please will you make me the happiest man alive?"

In his hand was a ring that shone almost as brightly as his smile.

You nodded your head, tears brimming in your eyes. "Of course."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.