Chapter 13

Meredith 21, Derek 22

As college came to closer to the end, meredtih, Derek, Mark, and Addison all starting talking about where they were applying to Med school. Everyone wanted to go to Colombia, which was good. Meredith had a little part of her that wanted to go to Dartmouth, but she didn't want to leave her boyfriend or bestfriends.

Everyone applied there and they were very anxious to find there results. Graduation was In a few days, and they wanted some exciting way to tell the shepherds, who were practically everyone's family even if they weren't biological.

One day, Derek picked up the mail for everyone and he gasped in excitement. He ran up the stairs and into his and marks dorm where everyone was. "We got envelopes!" He yelled as he passed them out. "Oh god. Oh god. Oh god." Meredith repeated in anxiousness. "1,2,3." Mark said. They all tore open their envelopes and read them. "I got in!" Meredith yelled in happiness. "I got in!" She repeated with a huge smile. "Me too!" Addison yelled as she squeezed Meredith tightly in a hug. "I did too!" Derek yelled. He hugged the two girls and laughed. "Me too!" Mark yelled. The girls scream in happiness and they all hugged. "We did it!" Derek yelled. He looked at Meredith who had happy tears in his eyes and kissed her deeply. "We did it!" Mark repeated.

The group celebrated and got drunk that night, but not before they planned what to do to surprise dereks family. "So, what should we do?" Addison asked. "Maybe we could put Colombia shirts on under our gowns and open them at the same time." Meredith suggested. "That's a great idea!" Derek exclaimed. "Let's do it." Mark said.

Meredith ordered the shirts for everyone, and on their graduation day, they all put them on. The girls got ready in their dorm. Meredith curled her hair loosely and applied some light makeup. Addison straightened her hair and also applied some make. The girls put on skirts under their gowns and put on their Colombia tshirts. They slid into some flats and made their way to their boys dorm.

"Hey handsome." Meredith said as he pressed a kiss to dereks lips. Derek was wearing khakis and his gown, and he styled his hair, perfect as usual. Mark was wearing the same thing. "You look gorgeous." Derek said as he brought Meredith into a hug. "We're graduating today." Meredith said. "We are." Derek replied with a smile.

All four of them drove to the ceremony and went behind stage. "I'm nervous Der." Meredith said. Derek wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head. "You're gonna do great Mer. I love you." Derek said. Meredith relaxed slightly and waited for their names to be called.

"Meredith Grey!" The dean announced. Meredith walked up on stage and received her diploma. She smiled and walked off stage to take her seat next to the shepherds. "We're so proud of you Mer." Christopher said as dereks whole family gave her a big hug. Meredith smiled and sat down, waiting for everyone else to be called. "Derek Shepherd." "Mark Sloan." "Addison Montgomery." The dean said. As they all made their way to their chairs and smiled, anxious to tell their family.

At the end of the ceremony, the shepherds and the kids were walking out when Derek stopped them. "Mom. Dad. We wanna tell you someone." He said as him and everyone lined up in a line. Dereks family looked confused but look. "1,2,3." Mark said. They all snatched their gowns open, revealing their Colombia shirts. "You-you all got in?" Carolyn asked in shock. "We did!" Derek confined with a big smile. "I'm so proud of you guys!" Carolyn exclaimed. She brought them all into A hug once again and laughed in happiness. "You all got in!" Christopher yelled again, still in disbelief.

They were all still over the moon when they arrived at the shepherds. Carolyn had prepared a feast for dinner, and they all chatted about their plans. "So Addy and I will get a dorm room together again, and I assume Derek and Mark will too." Meredith said. "Yeah. Or if Mer and I can get a room we should do that. But I don't know if that's allowed." Derek said with a smirk. Meredith blushed and smiled. "We can ask." Meredith replied. Derek smiled and they continued eating.

"Der?" Meredith asked quietly as they were sitting on the couch. "Yeah Mer?" Derek replied. "Do you think my mom would be proud of me?" Meredith asked timidly. Dereks gaze turned sympathetic and looked at her. "I do. I think she would've been super proud Mer." Derek said honestly. She nodded and snuggled into his chest. "I'm proud of you Mer." Derek said. "I'm proud of you too derek." She replied with a smile.

Carolyn and Christopher were in the kitchen, talking. "I'm really proud of them." Carolyn said. "I am too. You know neither of them except Derek have good parents?" Christopher asked. "I know. They're all practically my daughters and son anyways, so I like to think that we filled that gap." Carolyn replied. "You're amazing." Christopher said as he brought his wife in an embrace. "I love you." Carolyn said. "I love you too." Christopher replied. "You know what?" Carolyn asked. "What?" He replied. "Derek and Meredith are a lot like us when we were kids. I can't wait for them to get married. And have babies. They're gonna have gorgeous babies." Carolyn rambled. "Slow down. Their barely out of college." Christopher said with a laugh. Carolyn smiled and sighed as she looked at her son and Meredith.

"You guys want to watch old home videos of Derek and Meredith?" Christopher asked as him and em Carolyn walked into the living room. "Hell yeah!" Addison exclaimed enthusiastically. Chris chuckled and put an old dvd into the DVD player.

"Derek! Why won't you play surgeoner with me!" 5 year old Meredith asked angrily. "I don't want to." 6 year old Derek said sternly. Meredith scowled and ran to him across the room. She jumped on his bed and started punching him. "Ow! Stop it Mer!" Derek yelled.

"We still do this!" Meredith said with a laugh as she snuggled into Derek. "Yeah we do!" Derek said. They continued to watch home movies for the rest of the night and celebrated.