Chapter 77

Despite the sparkle contest going on, Meredith, Derek, Addison, and mark all had a very rare day off. So, the four of them decided to go spend they day with Christopher and Carolyn.

Meredith woke up in the morning and quickly went to the bathroom. She came back after relieving herself to find Derek awake and propped up against the pillows.

"Morning." Derek said With a smile. "Good morning." Meredith replied, kissing him and climbing back into bed.

"How's the little man?" Derek asked. "Moving around and pressing on my bladder." Meredith replied, pressing her hand to her stomach. Derek covered her small hand with his larger one and smiled when he felt his son kick.

"8 more weeks." Meredith sighed. "That's gonna fly by." Derek said. "I know. We still need to finish the nursery completely and name him." She replied.

"My sisters all named their kids after they were born. We could do that, see what feels right." Derek suggested. "We could do that." Meredith agreed.

•••

A little while later, they both were ready to go. Derek made sure Meredith threw in some fruit with the pancakes he made for her, and he was satisfied.

They drove to the house and entered the house. "Hi guys! Come on in." Carolyn said cheerfully from the kitchen.

Meredith waddled in, Derek close behind. "Oh, wow!" Carolyn exclaimed with a grin as she came over to greet Meredith.

"I know. I'm a whale." Meredith said. "You're glowing, dear! How many More weeks?" Carolyn asked, hugging Meredith.

"8 weeks. Due date is December 18th." Meredith replied. Carolyn smiled. "The first Shepherd baby." Christopher said proudly as he came over.

"Hi dad." Meredith said, hugging the older man.

Derek came up behind and put his hand on Merediths back. "Let's sit. I'm sure Merediths feet and back are not happy right now." Carolyn suggested.

"Thank you." Meredith sighed as she sat down on the couch, her hand on her stomach. "So, have you thought of any names for the little guy?" Christopher asked.

Derek looked at Meredith. "Nope. Nothing sounds right. We talked this morning about naming him after he's born, but we just can't find one." He replied.

"I named you after you were born, Derek." Carolyn said. "You did?" He asked. She nodded.

"He's gonna be here before you know it. Have you guys done the nursery?" Christopher asked. "Derek and mark did most of it. There's just a few other things to do and then it'll Be done. I can send you pictures when we get home." Meredith explained.

"I can help if you need me." Christopher offered. "Okay. Thanks dad." Derek said, putting his hand on Merediths belly.

"So what's going on in the hospital?" Carolyn asked, giving Meredith a glass of water. "Well, there's a contest. Whoever has the most points you get from surgery's and diagnosis gets a special pager. It means you can take surgeries from any other resident." Derek explained.

"That sounds like fun. Doesn't that mean you two should be at the hospital?" Carolyn asked. "Bailey gave everyone a day off. Mark and Addie are spending some time together." Meredith replied.

"And I can hardly do it. Everyone's running around but I kind of sit there in the ER or pit waiting for a good case to come in." She added.

"Mer made me a deal. If I win I can't take her surgeries since she's growing our son healthy and safe." Derek said with a laugh.

"Seems like a fair deal to me. When I got to my trimester I was just not a happy person." Carolyn said with a laugh. "When are you gonna start cutting back hours?" She asked.

"I already am, kind of. We had a...scare, but everything is fine. I'll probably go on leave at like 37 weeks, probably earlier if Bailey makes me." Meredith replied.

"I think I went on leave at 36 weeks with Derek. He was a big baby." Carolyn said. "I was premature, born at 32 weeks I think." Meredith answered.

"really? How did I not know this?" Derek asked. "I don't know. Never came up." Meredith replied. "That means you'll have a normal sized baby." Christopher said wisely. The three laughed and continued chatting.

•••

About an hour later, the two of them left the house and went back home. "So you were really premature?" Derek asked.

"Yeah. I came early. I was fine though, no lasting complications. I think I spent a while in the NICU though." Meredith explained.

"I want to see your baby pictures." He said. "If I can find them. My mom didn't take pictures. Thatcher might have though." She replied.

Derek pulled in to the driveway and they got out of the car. They greeted the dog. "I'm gonna shower." Meredith announced.

"I'll join you." Derek said with a smirk, following her up the stairs.

Meredith turned the water on and stripped her clothes before stepping in. "You're beautiful." Derek said as he followed her in.

Meredith blushed and kissed him. "Can you shave my legs?" She asked quietly, her face blushing. Dereks fave went from look of want to a look of sympathy.

"Sure." He said, smiling softly.

Derek helped shave her legs and then washed her hair. Meredith sighed in pleasure, and returned the favor, washing his dark curly locks thoroughly.

"I love showing with you." Derek said as he wrapped his into a white fluffy towel. "I do too. Pretty soon we won't be able to have sex for a while." Meredith replied.

"Well, I say we do something about that if you're up to it." Derek said huskily. "Hmm...I think I am, dr Shepherd." She said, going into the bedroom and dropping the towel.

"Good, dr Grey." Derek said, kissing her passionately.

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed so chapter and hope your all doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters, please feel free to let me know. Thanks for reading!!