Chapter 55

Meredith and Derek went to work one morning and parted ways. Her morning sickness held up for her, so it was a good morning.

Meredith had a surgery this morning with bailey and met her in the OR. "Want to open Grey?" She offered. Meredith eagerly accepted the offer and grabbed the scalpel.

The minute  Meredith cut in to the patient, a nasty smell filled her nostrils. "Dr Bailey, can you take over?" Meredith asked, her voice strained.

Meredith ran out of the OR and pulled her mask
Off before emptying her stomach into the small trash can. Maybe her morning sickness wasn't just in the morning.

Minutes later, Once Meredith was sure she was done vomiting, she took a deep breath and began scrubbing back in before Bailey came into the scrub room.

"What are you doing?" Meredith asked as Bailey scrubbed out. "Patient coded." She replied. "Do you have any other surgeries I can scrub in on?" Meredith asked pleadingly.

"Can your morning sickness handle that?" Bailey shot back. "What...is...I'm not...." Meredith stammered. "Oh, shut it Grey. I've seen you on the OB floor and throwing up around the clock. I'm not stupid." Bailey said.

"I....I'll be fine." Meredith said. "Mint chapstick." Bailey blurted. "What?" She asked in confusion. "The mint. Helps with the smell of cautery. I couldn't stand the smell of it when I was pregnant with tuck." Bailey explained.

"I...thank you." Meredith said with a smile. "No problem. Take it easy today." Bailey answered, opening the door.

"And Grey? Congratulations." She added with a warm smile before leaving. Meredith smiled to herself and walked out behind her.

•••

Richard was watching in the gallery when Meredith practically ran out of the OR. He frowned and got up to check on her when he bumped right into Derek.

"Richard, hi." Derek said. "Why is your wife here sick?" Richard asked sternly. "She's sick?" Derek asked, getting alarmed. "She just threw up and ran out of the OR." He replied.

"Oh..." Derek trailed off. "Go take her home." The chief said sternly. "I...she's not sick." Derek said sheepishly. "Shepherd, she just threw up. I think she's sick." Richard said, rolling his eyes.

"Richard. She's not sick. She's pregnant." Derek said, watching as his face turned surprised. "Oh. She's....oh." Richard stammered. "Yeah." Derek replied.

"Are you...okay with that?" Derek asked with a raised eyebrow. "Uh, yeah. Congratulations Shepherd." Richard said, running off.

•••

Meredith Met Derek at nearby nurses station and pulled him into an on call room. "Bailey knows. I threw up today and she knew." Meredith blurted. "I know. Richard told me. He knows too." Derek replied.

"God, everyone's gonna know now! Derek, I didn't want people to know until like 12 weeks." Meredith said, tears coming to her eyes.

"Mer, what's wrong?" Derek asked in concern. "Now everyone's gonna know!" She cried as she buried her head into his shoulder.

"Okay, it's okay. Just breath." Derek said. Pregnancy hormones were hitting full on, and Meredith did not like it. "And now I domt even know why I'm crying!" Meredith sobbed.

"It's alright. It's okay." Derek murmered.

Meredith eventually stopped crying and pulled away. "Sorry." She whispered. Derek chuckled. "It's all right." He replied. "We should probably get back to work." Meredith said. "We should. Are you okay?" Derek asked. She nodded.

•••

After work, Meredith was exhausted. She had cried once more after someone pissed her off, and her feet hurt.

Derek and Meredith both went home together and she plopped down on the couch while Derek made some pasta, per her request.

"I'm so tired." Meredith groaned. "I know." Derek replied, massaging her back gently. "Back hurts?" He asked. Meredith nodded as she ate her pasta.

"I cried 2 times today." She said. "My hormones are out of control." Meredith added. Derek laughed. "It's understandable. I don't like when you cry." Derek said.

"I can't control that apparently." Meredith giggled. "I know." Derek replied, taking a break from rubbing her back to eat his pasta.

"Can we buy mint chapstick tomorrow morning before work?" Meredith asked. "Why?" Derek replied with a confused expression. "Bailey said it helps with the smell of cautery." She explained.

Deeek nodded and kissed her softly. "Sure." He replied.

•••

Later that night, the two of them curled up in bed together. "Do you think it's a girl or boy?" Meredith asked, reading a book on pregnancy. "Girl. It has the Shepherd genes, it's going to be a girl. My little princess." Derek said.

Meredith giggled. "I think it's a boy. And I read that mother's always know." She replied. "Well, i guess we'll find out in a few months." Derek shot back sassily. Meredith smiled and cuddled into his side.

"I love you."

"I love you. You too baby."

Hey guys! Sorry for the semi short chapter, but I wanted to get this out. Hope your all doing well and hope you all enjoyed it. If you have any ideas for future chapters, feel free to drop Them.