Chapter 54

The next day, Meredith and Derek went to the store before going to Carolyn and Michael's. "What do we get?" Meredith asked.

"You said a onesie yesterday, right? I'm sure they have one with something that relates to grandmas and grandpas." Derek answered.

They walked through the store until they got to the baby aisle. "What about these ones Der! There so cute!" Meredith exclaimed, grabbing two onesies.

The first one said 'Grandma's Munchkin' and the other said 'Grandpas princess'. Derek smiled when looked at them and nodded. "I love them." He said.

They got the onesies and drove to the house.

"Meredith, Derek, come in!" Carolyn exclaimed with a smile, hugging the both of them. Derek entered after Meredith with the two bags.

"We missed you both. How's work?" Carolyn asked as Derek put the bags on the counter. "It's good. Hectic. But good." He replied. "How is Addie and Mark?" Michael asked.

"They're both good. It's pretty busy lately." Meredith answered. "Come sit down." Carolyn said, ushering them all to the living room.

Meredith dug in eagerly to the charcuterie board Carolyn had prepared. Derek smirked as she shoved food into her mouth. Pregnant or not; Meredith could eat.

"What's going on with you guys?" Meredith asked politely. "Not much. Carolyns already been preparing for Thanksgiving." Michael said with a smile.

"That's in a few weeks." Meredith stated. "You know me. I always plan weeks ahead." Carolyn said proudly. Meredith and Derek chuckled and grabbed each other's hand.

"Oh, did you hear Nancy is pregnant again?" Carolyn asked excitedly. "Again?" Derek asked. "Number 4." Michael said proudly. "My grand babies are the best." Carolyn smiled.

"Hey, are those bags on the counter food? Should they be refrigerated?" Michael asked, getting up. "Actually dad, it's not." Derek replied, stopping him before he got to the bags.

Derek grabbed them and sat down on the couch next to Meredith. "These are for you guys. Open them at the same time." Derek said, handing the bags to each of them.

Carolyn and michael opened the bag at the same time and pulled out the onesie. "Grandmas Munchkin." Carolyn read, her jaw dropping. "Grandpas princess." Micheal read.

"Really?" Carolyn asked, tearing up. "You're pregnant?" Michael asked, a huge smile plastered to
His face. Meredith nodded. Carolyn shrieked in excitement and stood up, enveloping Meredith and Derek into hugs.

"My baby boy is having a baby!" Carolyn exclaimed. "How far along are you?" Michael asked, hugging Meredith close. "8 weeks." She replied, handing her an ultrasound picture.

"We have to tell the girls." Carolyn gasped. Derek chuckled. "We will mom." Derek assured. "Congratulations you two!" She said happily.

"How's the morning sickness? I know some tricks to help." Carolyn asked. Meredith frowned. "Not fun." She replied. "It was bad with Derek for me. Maybe your having a boy." Carolyn said with a laugh.

"I'm willing to bet it's a girl with the Shepherd genes." Derek laughed. "Never know." Meredith replied. "Can I?" Carolyn asked, her hand hovering over Merediths stomach.

"Sure." She replied. Carolyn put her hand on Merediths flat  stomach. "Another baby." She said in shock. "Yeah." Meredith replied. "The doctor said everything was okay?" Michael asked.

Derek nodded. "There was a little.... incident. But she's fine. And so is the baby. They're both perfect." Derek said. "That's good. Your going to be an excellent father, Derek." Michael said softly, bringing his son in for a hug.

"I hope so." Derek said, a little choked up at his words. "You will be. And Meredith, you'll be an amazing mother." Michael praised, hugging Meredith tightly.

"Are you guys excited?" Carolyn asked. "I remember when I first found out I was pregnant with Derek. I was so excited." She added.

"Very excited. But nervous. Nervous for sure." Meredith replied. "Oh, that's normal. When I first found out, I nearly had a panic attack. The joy you feeL when you Finally get to hold your baby...there's nothing like it." Carolyn said softly.

Meredith nodded, picturing the moment her and Derek would be able to hold their little baby in their arms.

•••

They left a few hours after ehat, and went home. "You feeling okay?" Derek asked as he held her in his arms on the couch. "Yeah. Just tired." Mereditj replied with a yawn.

"Want to go to sleep? We should get it in before we have a baby that keeps us up all night." Derek asked with a smile. "Not yet. It's comfy here." Meredith said.

"Mom and dad were thrilled." Derek said. "They were. I'm glad we have them." Meredith answered. "When do you want to tell everyone else?" He asked.

"Just a little while until everything is okay for sure. Maybe a few weeks." Meredith replied. "Sounds good to me. And everything will be fine." Derek assured.

A little while later, they went up to bed. Meredith may have only been 8 weeks pregnant, but it was exhausting housing another human. And Derek was completely supportive of that.

They were having a baby, and they couldn't wait to tell everyone.

Hey guys! Currently writing this on a plane again so pray for me. Hope your all doing well and hope you all Enjoyed. If you have any suggestions for future chapters feel free to drop them! Thanks for reading.