Chapter 42

The intern exam. One of the biggest tests in their career. Meredith and Derek woke up and started getting in some last minute studying. "Mer, make sure to take your anxiety medication." Derek said as he brushed his teeth. Meredith rushed into the room and grabbed the bottle of pills before taking 2.

"Thank you." She said as she kissed his cleanly shaven face and ran out back to the kitchen. Derek was always so on top of things when it came to Meredith and her health.

Derek walked back out to the kitchen before grabbing an apple and heading out to the car, hand in hand.

They parked at the hosptial and got out. Before walking in, Derek stopped. Meredith turned to him and frowned. "You are going to do just fine." He said softly as he cupped her face and kissed her gently. Meredith smiled and hugged him, pressing her face against his chest. "I love you. Now let's go kick ass on this test." He said with a smile. Meredith giggled and followed him in.

"Hey guys. Ready for this?" Mark asked Derek and Meredith waited outside of their exam room. They both nodded. "Did you take your anxiety meds?" Addison asked in concern. "Who's taking anxiety meds?" Bailey asked as she approached them. "I did." Meredith replied. "You guys ready for this?" Bailey asked. "We've been studying for weeks. We've got this." Addison replied confidently.

"Okay. You guys got 2 weeks off after today. Doing anything good?" Bailey asked. "We're all going to aruba." Derek replied. "Nice. Now go kick ass and make me proud. I'll see you later." Bailey said before walking away. They entered the room and took their seats. "You have 3 hours to complete this test. Begin." The instructor said.

They all started their test and Meredith started tapping her knee on the ground repeatedly, a clear sign she was feeling anxious. Derek noticed this and wished her could do sometning to help, but he couldn't as the instructor was walking around and checking.

"90 minutes left." He said. The test was going well for everyone, aside from a few questions.

When the test was finally over, they all met outside. "You okay?" Derek asked as he wrapped an arm around Meredith waist, noticing her pale complexion. Meredith nodded, but then bolted to the nearest trash can and emptied her stomach. Derek was next to her in a flash, holding her hair back while Addison rubbed her back.

"You okay?" Derek asked softly as she straightened out. "I've been holding that in since we started the test." Meredith said with a small laugh. "Anxiety is that bad?" Derek asked with a frown. "Apparently so." Meredith replied. "The meds don't help?" Mark asked. "Apparently not." She said. "Okay. I'm good." Meredith said.

They went back to their normal day. Bailey came up to Meredith while she was charting. "Why are you throwing up all over my hosptial?" She demanded. "It was just once." Meredith said. Bailey felt Merediths forehead. "You're not hot. Are you sick?" Bailey asked. "No, it's just stress." Meredith replied. "Stress?" Bailey parroted, obviously not believing. "Yeah, it happens all the time." She said.

"You take anything for it?" Bailey asked. "I do but it doesn't appear to be working." Meredith replied. "Okay. Well you get 2 weeks off so that'll be good. And for the record, I'm sure you did fine Grey." Bailey said with a Pat on the shoulder.

After work, everyone was invited over to Meredith and dereks house. "To getting through our internship." Addison said as she held up her beer. They all raised their glasses and clinked them before taking a sip. "Cheers!" They all said with a smile.

They celebrated and hung out for a few hours until Mark and Addison decided it was to go. Their flight was tomorrow evening, so they wanted to make sure they would be awake and packed and ready.

Meredith and Derek got ready for bed and climbed under the covers. "Most stressful 3 years ever." Meredith said with a giggle as she read her book. "Cheers to that." Derek said with a scoff.

"We made it though." Derek said quietly. "We did. Barely." Meredith replied. "We're gonna be residents soon." He said in happiness. "We are." Meredith replied. After a moment, Meredith laughed. "What?" Derek asked. "How much you want to bet that Addison will be knocked up after vacation?" She asked with a giggle. Derek smiled and chuckled. "I'm sure she will. Her and Mark have been wanting kids forever." He replied.

"Soon." Meredith whispered as she put her book down and turned to him. "Soon." He parroted with a smile. "Goodnight Mer." He whispered. "Goodnight Derek." She responded.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them! Sorry for the short chapter. Hope your all doing well!