Chapter 21

Today was the day. Today was the biggest day of their lives.

Meredith woke up after sleeping over at Addisons, and Derek woke up after sleeping over at marks. Her and Addison got up with huge smiles on their face. "We're getting married!" They yelled at the same time.

They got up and raced downstairs, eager to start their day. After eating breakfast, Carolyn and dereks sisters came over. Meredith and Addison welcomed them inside the apartment. "You guys are getting married today!" Amelia exclaimed as she threw her arms around her soon to be sister in laws. "We are!" Addison said happily.

The boys woke up and met in the kitchen. "We're getting married today." Derek said with a huge smile. "We're getting married today. Can you believe it!" Mark exclaimed as he gave his brother a hug. "When is dad coming?" Mark asked. "I think he said around 10." Derek replied. Mark nodded. The two boys were over the moon about getting married today.

When Christopher arrived at 10, he entered the apartment and immediately hugged his two boys. "I'm proud of you both." He said genuinely. "Thanks dad." They both replied. "Are you two ready to get married?" He asked with a smile. The boys nodded. "I spoke to mom, she said the girls were both excited and very anxious." Christopher said. "Now let's go to the hotel and get you boys ready." He said with a smile as they walked outside to the car.

The girls arrived at their hotel and entered the suite they rented. Merediths maid of honor, Cristina yang, and her bridesmaids, izzie, dr Bailey, and her friend from college all greeted her, whiles Addisons maid of honor Savy, and her bridesmaids greeted her. Both couples decided on a small wedding. Normally, Addison would be Merediths maid of honor and Meredith would be addisons maid of honor, but since they were doing a double wedding, that obviously wouldn't work.

The boys got to the hotel and met their groomsmen. Once they entered the hotel, the hairdressers they hired immediately started working on the guys. From hair to suits, they made the guys look absolutely flawless. Derek was wearing an expensive black and white tux, and his hair was perfectly done and gelled, as was marks. Once everyone was all dressed and ready, the guys had a celebratory beer Ajd it was time.

Meredith and Addison were changed into their wedding gowns and their hair was done flawlessly. Meredith wore her hair loose and curly, her blonde honey locks fell perfectly onto her shoulders. Addison got her hair done except hers was straightened with a braid on the side. "Ready to get married?" Meredith asked with a huge smile. "Ready to get married." Addison confirmed.

The ceremony was outdoors, and it was on a beautiful golf course on the coast, so the ocean was visable. The seating outdoors were vast, with a side for Meredith and dereks attendees, and another with Mark and addisons. Mark and Derek made their way to the front of the seats and in front of the minister. Mark stood on one side while Derek stood on the other. They spotted Carolyn and their sisters in the crowd, smiling brightly and snapping pictures.

Then it was time. Before Addison and Meredith walked down the aisle, Christopher pulled Meredith aside. "I'm so proud of you." He whispered as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. Then the music came and Christopher walked Meredith down the aisle, and addisons father walked her down the aisle.

The girls departed from their fathers (practical father for Meredith) and stood facing their soon to be husbands. "We've come together today to celebrate the love of Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd, and Addison Montgomery, and Mark Sloan." The minister started.

When it was time to say their vows, Meredith went first. "Derek, from the moment I met you when I was a shy 4 year old, I knew you were the love of my life. We've been together for 10, almost 11 years. You were my first crush. You taught me how to love myself, and how to love others. I love you so much, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you and have a family one day. They say high school sweethearts don't exist, but they do. They really do." Meredith said tearfully. Derek smiled at her brightly, wanting nothing more than to kiss her now.

"Meredith, when we met for the first time, I was just some silly 5 year old, who thought girls had cooties. Now look at us. Almost 11 years later, were getting married and we are doctors. I will be eternally grateful for your parents for moving across the street from me. I love you Meredith Grey, and I'm ready to spend the rest of my life, with you and start a family with you. We're extraordinary together." Derek said as tears shone in his eyes as well.

"Can I kiss her now?" Derek asked, getting a laugh out of the crowd. "You may now kiss the bride." The minister said. Derek pulled Meredith in and pressed a passionate kiss against her lips. "I love you so much." He whispered. "I love you so much." Meredith parroted.

After Mark and Addison engaged vows, the new married couples drove to the reception at the Shepherds house in their limo that had the banner 'Just married' on it. "We're married!" Mark exclaimed. That was the first thing they said as they stepped foot in the car. "I love you guys so much!" Addisons said happily as the engaged in an awkward group hug, which was difficult in a car.

They arrived at the reception which was beautifully done by Carolyn. In the backyard, the newlyweds all had their first dance as married couples. They smeared cake in each other's face, and had a good time.

That night, they both went to their apartments, and they spent the night having married sex. That morning, they went on their honeymoon in the Bahamas.

Finally, they were married.

Hope you guys all enjoyed this chapter! I've only been to 1 wedding in my life so I don't know much about that, but it was fun writing this!!