Chapter 61

Meredith and Derek went to work a few days later. Meredith was now showing at work. She really couldn't hide it anymore. The two were almost positive that they would have a big son.

Mark and Addison had been quite busy recently. Over the past few weeks, they had been jam packed with work, unlike Meredith and Derek.

Addison pulled out her phone and texted the group chat. "Mark and I going to eat lunch at cafe - u guys in?" She typed.

Meredith immediately responded. "Sure. See u there"

Mark and Addison sat down and smiled when they saw their friends walking towards them. Addisons eyes widened at Merediths swollen belly. "Damn, Grey. I wonder where my watermelon went." Mark said with a smirk.

"Shut up." Meredith said, rolling her eyes. "When did this happen? My godson is huge!" Addison exclaimed.

"A few days ago. Mom and dad were shocked too." Derek replied. "14 weeks?" Mark asked. Meredith nodded. "Have fun pushing that big guy out." He said. Addison slapped his bicep and smiled.

"I'm gonna tell our son that he is not allowed to talk to uncle Mark alone." Derek chuckled. "I will teach my godson how to pick up ladies and how to keep them around." Mark smirked.

"He's not dating until he's like, 45." Meredith said seriously. "Oh, look at you going all protective mama. I love it." Addison said with a smile.

"Everyday her maternal instincts show more and more. The other day, she yelled at me for swearing. Because the baby could hear." Derek said.

"He can! He's growing ears, you know." Meredith shot back in defense. "I know." Derek replied softly as he rubbed her back.

"So, how have you guys been doing? It's been so busy lately." Meredith asked. "Working. A lot of work. My interns are idiots. I've been trying to teach them, but god." Addison groaned.

"Oh, I feel you. They just don't listen. How do they expect to learn if they don't open their ears?" Derek asked.

"Don't tell me you guys are whining about your interns." Bailey said as she came over. "How did you do it Bailey? What's your secret?" Meredith asked desperately.

"I'm not telling you that. I had to learn to deal with you guys. Here's a hint though. Learn what makes them shut up and use it as bribery. And hint hint, that's usually surgery. I have to give it to you all, I got lucky with my group." Bailey explained before leaving.

Merediths pager went off as she opened her mouth to speak and sighed. "911. Gotta run." She said before jumping up and leaving.

"She really popped, huh?" Addison asked with a smile. "Overnight, too. She got out of the shower and boom, it was there." Derek said proudly.

"You ready to be a daddy?" Addison asked. Derek smiled. "I've always wanted to be a dad." He admitted. "You'll be good Shep. Dad raised us well." Mark said confidently. "Thanks." He replied softly.

"Merediths already a natural, even though she doesn't think she'll be a good mom." Derek said. "She is. She just needs to have some more confidence in herself. She's going to be a great mom." Addison agreed.

"Growing up with Ellis Grey doesn't give you much confidence in mothering abilities." Mark pointed out. "That's true. But she's known our nephews and nieces since they were babies and she's great with them." Derek said.

"I'm sure she'll be just fine. Sorry we haven't been in touch much. We have to get dinner or hangout sometime soon." The redhead said. "I'll talk to Mer. Maybe you guys can come over tomorrow? The game is on tomorrow." Derek suggested.

"Sounds good. Let us know what your thinking." Mark replied.

•••

Later that day, Meredith and Derek went home. They had made plans to go bowling with Addison and Mark later in the week and catch up.

"Want to take a shower?" Derek suggested. "Sure. My back is sore." Meredith replied, wincing as she stood up. "This is only the beginning, my dear," Derek said with a sympathetic smile.

They went upstairs and Meredith plopped herself on the bed while Derek got the shower ready. "Come on in Mer!" He shouted from the bathroom.

Meredith walked in and smiled at the bath he made. Derek lit candles around the tub and turned the slights off. "Baths are always better at the end of the day." He said with a smile.

Derek took her clothes off for her and admired her body. Her body was changing. Her hips were becoming rounder, her belly was obviously getting bigger, and her breasts were fuller too.

"You" he said, pecking her lips "are beautiful."

Meredith blushed and took off his clothes. "And you are handsome." She said.

Derek held out his hand as Meredith stepped into the tub. She sat down and leant back into his chest. His legs were around hers, enveloping her completely.

"This is nice." She sighed contentedly. "Thank you." She added.

"You are carrying my baby and your my wife. You get anything you want." He said softly, kissing her neck. Meredith giggled as dereks hand snaked around her bare torso and his hands caressed her protruding abdomen.

"Hi little man." Derek said softly In a baby voice that made Meredith smile. "We can't wait for you to come out so we can meet you." He murmured.

"Mommy and daddy love you so much baby." Meredith said. Derek held her closer and kissed her neck. "I love you." He whispered into her ear. "I love you too."

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters feel free to drop them. And sorry about not really including Mark and Addison recently, it's just more centric around Mer and Der but I'll remember them.