Chapter 75

3 weeks had past, and suddenly it was Halloween. Meredith was about 30 weeks along, which meant that she only had 10 more weeks to go.

Meredith woke up once again to her sons kicking. "I know buddy, a few more months to go." She murmured, rubbing her stomach.

She got out of bed quietly and carefully and walked downstairs. Meredith went to the stove and started making some breakfast.

Derek always made her food, so why not return the favor?

She cracked a couple eggs and poured them into the pan. After she somewhat successfully made them, she got going on the pancakes, which was a big step up from eggs for her.

She burnt a few of them, but in the end, they came out okay and Meredith was proud of herself.

She went upstairs to their bedroom and kissed dereks nose and smoothed back his hair. "Wake up sleepy head." She murmured.

Derek groaned and slowly opened his eyes. "What's the occasion? It's before 9 and your awake." He said with a playful grin.

"Your son wouldn't stop kicking me and it's halloween." Meredith replied. "My son?" Derek asked with a smirk. "It's your son when he's causing trouble."

"That doesn't seem fair." He pouted.

Meredith rolled her eyes. "There's breakfast downstairs." She said proudly. "You cooked?" Derek asked in shock. "I did." Meredith replied.

•••

They ate breakfast, and Derek was astonished by how good her food was. "What do you want to do today?" He asked.

"I don't know. I didn't really trick or treat when I was kid. You remember, my mom never let me." Meredith replied.

Derek smiled sadly. "Well, how about we get a few bags of candy and watch Halloween movies all night?" He suggested.

"Really? You? Junk food? What happened to you?" Meredith asked in fake awe. "You cooked. We're all trying new things." He replied with a snicker.

Meredith elbowed him in the gut and smiled. "Next Halloween it won't be just us." She said with a smile. Derek nodded and looked at her. "We'll bring him around town, use his cute face to get us candy." Derek said with a laugh.

"Derek Shepherd!" Meredith exclaimed. "What?" He asked in innocence. "We will not use our child for candy." She said sternly. "Mhm." Derek hummed.

"Shut up. Can we go get some candy now?" She asked.

•••

The two of them drove to a nearby target and went inside. Derek wrapped an around around her waist as they walked through the aisles.

"What do you think Aidan will be for Halloween?" Derek asked. "Whos aidan?" Meredith replied with a raised brow. "Our son. Im testing out names." He shrugged.

"Definitely not aidan." Meredith winced.

"Anyways, what do you think he'll be?" Derek asked. "I don't know. Maybe a little bear or something like that." She replied. "That would be cute." Derek said as they came upon the candy isle.

"What's my favorite candy? If you don't know this then no sex for you." Meredith asked suddenly.

"Twix. Easy. What's mine?" Derek shot back. "You don't normally eat it, but if you had to eat candy it would be a kitkat." She replied with a smirk.

Derek nodded in approval and grabbed a bag. "Kitkat, Twix, and Hershey's." He said. "Sounds good. Get it." Meredith answered.

He tossed the back into the cart and grabbed a few others. "You know, it's nice being pregnant. Wanna know why?" Meredith asked.

"Because you get a baby out of it?" Derek guessed. "No- well, yes, but also you can eat anything you want and not worry about gaining weight." Meredith replied.

"Maybe I should get pregnant." Derek said, thoughtfully. Meredith giggled. "Good luck with that."

•••

They went out to a late lunch/early dinner after target and got home around 6. "Ready to binge some scary movies and eat junk food?" Meredith asked as she grabbed a water and plopped herself down on the couch.

Derek sat down beside her and took her into his arms. "Hell yeah." He replied with a grin as he grabbed the remote.

"Watch your language." Meredith chided. Derek chuckled and brought his head down to her belly. "Sorry, buddy. Don't repeat that." He said, making Meredith laugh.

"How about this one? Hocus pocus, it's a classic one." Derek suggested. "What's it about?" Meredith asked.

"It's about witches who are released and kids have to do a spell or something to trap them again." He explained. "That sounds corny." She said.

"It is, but it's really good. Not too scary either." Derek replied. "Okay. Before we start, I really have to pee." She said.

Meredith struggled to get up, as her center of gravity was all over the place. "Not a word." She said warningly to Derek, who smirked.

"Never." He replied as he watched her waddle away to the bathroom.

•••

Hours and hours later, it was nearing 11pm and after watching 2 long movies, Meredith asleep on the couch, curled into dereks body.

He shut off the tv and without jostling her body too much, picked her up into his arms. For a pregnant woman, she didn't weight that much due to her already tiny frame.

Derek went upstairs and put her down gently in their bed. He pulled off her slippers carefully and pulled the covers over here before heading to the bathroom.

After getting himself ready for bed, he climbed in beside her and gently wrapped his arms around her. "Goodnight Mer. Happy Halloween." He murmured.

"Boo." Meredith mumbled, making Derek laugh.

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed so chapter and hope your all doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters, please feel free to let me know. Thanks for reading!!

I REALLY NEED IDEAS BESTIES