Chapter 74

About a week later, Addison and mark came over. Mark was going to help Derek build the crib, and Addison would hangout with Mer and catch up.

"Hey!" 27 week pregnant Meredith said as she walked to the door to greet everyone. "Hey mer! How's my godson?" Addison said, walking into the house and giving her a hug.

Meredith and Derek had recently asked mark and Addison to be the baby's godparents, and the two of them eagerly agreed.

"He's great. Kicking every day." Meredith responded, giving mark a hug. Derek came up beside Meredith and greeted them both.

"Alright Shep, where's this damn crib at?" Mark asked. "It's upstairs in the nursery." He replied. "Well? Let's grab a few beers and start working." Mark said as he went off.

"You'll be okay?" Derek asked Meredith. "I'm okay, Derek. Go do...build-y stuff." Meredith replied with a giggle. "Okay." He replied, giving her a quick kiss and going upstairs.

"My feet are killing me. Let's sit down." Meredith suggested. Addison nodded and the two of them sat down on the couch with a bag of chips.

"So? How's it going?" Meredith asked. They've been super busy recently with the baby and everything, and they haven't been able to talk as much as they wanted to.

"It's been really good. Really good. Mark and I are...we're trying for a baby." Addison said with a smile. Merediths lips shot up into a grin.

"You are? That's awesome!" She exclaimed, hugging Addison. "You're not mad?" She asked. "No, of course not. Why would I be?" Meredith replied.

"Well...you're pregnant and I didn't want to take the spotlight from you." Addison admitted. "Addie, feel free to take the spotlight from me. I hate being the center of attention, you know that. This is a good thing! I'll have a godson. Or goddaughter." Meredith said.

"Our kids are going to be close in age." Addison smiled. "They'll be bestfriends." Meredith replied. "Maybe even lovers." Addison smirked.

"No. My little man isn't dating anyone until he's 30. Derek and I already decided that." She explained sternly. Addison laughed.

Meanwhile, upstairs the guys were just getting started. "Jesus, Derek, did you have to chose the most difficult one to put together?" Mark asked as he held up numerous pieces of wood and screws.

"Mer chose this one. I couldn't say no, you should've seen the look on her face." Derek argued. "I know the feeling, but damn. We may have to call dad over to help." Mark replied.

"No! We're both manly men, we can do it." Derek said confidently. Mark snorted but nodded. "You know Addie and I are trying?" He asked.

"You are? That's great! Good for you." Derek praised as he gave his brother a Pat on the back. "How did you know? That you wanted to be a father?" Mark asked.

Derek smiled. "Mer and I talked about kids way back in college. And the minute she showed me the pregnancy test...it was like everything changed. I've always wanted to be a dad, but that test...it changed your perspective on everytbing. Now I can't wait for my baby boy to come." Derek explained.

"So if she gets pregnant, it's all real? And I'll...feel like a father?" He asked. Mark never showed his vulnerable side.

"I've felt like a father since we found out. And you will do. Mark, I've seen you with our nieces and nephews. You'll be a good father." Derek assured him.

"I hope so." Mark breathed, going back to the crib.

•••

The boys came down after a few hours, with proud expressions on their faces. "Is it finished?" Meredith asked as she stood up with the help of Derek. Her center of gravity was way off.

"Yup." Derek said proudly. "Good job." She praised, giving him a kiss. "I would go look, but my feet and my back hurt and I don't want to walk." Meredith said with a smile.

"We can look later." Derek said. "Do you guys want to order pizza? Relieve our college days?" Derek asked with a smirk.

"Let's do it." Mark replied.

They ordered a few pizzas and wings, and they all sat on the couch together watching tv. "The only thing that would make this better is alcohol." Meredith groaned. Watching everyone else drink was not fun.

"Sorry, Mer." Derek said sympathetically. "13 more weeks. But it's actually going to be like 20 weeks cause after he's born we're never sleeping again which means no drinking." She replied.

Mark laughed. "Just you wait." Meredith said to
Him with a smirk. He rolled his eyes and put his arm around his wife. "I can't wait." Mark said, kissing addisons cheek.

A few hours later, Addison and mark left the house and went home. Derek and Meredith cleaned up the house, and then went upstairs.

"Wow! It's gorgeous, Derek." Meredith gasped as she waddled into the nursery. Derek came from behind and wrapped his arms around her and put his hands on her stomach.

"It is." He agreed. The nursery wasn't painted yet, but mark, his dad, and Derek were all going to do that another day. The crib was built, and the dresser was up.

"You boys did a great job." Meredith sighed sleepily. "You need some sleep." Derek murmured, kissing her neck. Meredith mumbled something in agreement and they went to their bedroom.

After they both got ready, they met in bed and laid down. "Addie and mark are trying. Did he telL you?" Meredith asked. Derek nodded.

"Good for them. Our kids can be best friends." Meredith said, half asleep. "They will be." Derek replied, smoothing her hair back until she fell asleep.

Derek allowed his wife's breathing to lull him to sleep, and it was the end to a good day.

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed so chapter and hope your all doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters, please feel free to let me know. Thanks for reading!!