Chapter 26

Meredith and Derek woke up in the morning around 6. Meredith was very anxious to get back to work. "Take these. Take it easy today." Derek instructed as he handed her some Tylenol. "I will." Meredith said as she pressed her lips against his softly. Derek smiled as he pulled away and led her out of the door.

They arrisved at the hospital and walked in together. "Grey! How you feeling? Ready for today?" Bailey asked. "I'm good." Meredith replied. "What did you guys do on your week off?" Bailey asked, showing a rare interest in their personal lives. "We bought our first house." Derek said with a smile. "Really? That's awesome! I remember when my husband and I bought our first house. It was a great day." Bailey said with a smile.

"Alright. You two are scrubbing in with me today. Congratulations and I'll see you in OR 3 in an hour." She said before walking off. "Let's go see Mark and Addison and have breakfast." Derek suggested. Meredith nodded and they walked off together.

"Hey guys!" Addison exclaimed as they took their seats across from them. "How you feeling Grey?" Mark asked. "Good." Meredith replied. "So let me see the house." Addison said excitedly. Derek pulled out his iPad and brought up the house with dozens of pictures and descriptions.

"This is gorgeous! And I see the kid bedrooms." Addison said with a knowing glance to her. "And when will that happen?" Mark asked with a smirk. "At some point." Meredith replied. Derek and Meredith both knew they wanted kids, but they never really talked about it. "Do you guys want kids?" Derek asked, changing the subject. "Uh, eventually." Addison said as she looked at Mark, who nodded.

"Congratulations on the house you guys." Mark said honestly. "Thank you." They both replied with smiles.

After breakfast, Meredith and Derek went to surgery with Bailey. Richard happened to be there as well. "So how are you doing Meredith?" He asked. "I'm good chief." She replied. "I heard you two bought a house. That's big." He said as he continued to work on the patients abdomen. "We did." She replied.

"Congratulations." He said. "Thank you." Meredith and Derek both said, wondering why everyone was so suddenly interested in their personal lives. As the surgery went on, they made small talk with dr Bailey and Richard.

Meanwhile, Mark and Addison were doing some charting togetehr. "Derek and Meredith are catching up to us." Addison joked. "When do you want kids?" Mark asked. "I domt know. We're only in our 2nd year of internship and we don't have time for a baby right now. Maybe when our residency starts?" Addison suggested nervously. "Sounds good to me." Mark said with a smile.

After Meredith and dereks surgery, Merediths back was bothering her slightly. Derek gently helped her lay down in an on call room and pulled the blankets up around here. "I'll tell Bailey your resting. I love you." He said with a soft smile. "I love you too." Meredith replied.

Derek left the on call room and went to go do some post ops and charting when he was approached by Bailey once again. "Shepherd, where's Grey?" She asked. "Her back was a little sore so she's resting. What's up?" I asked with a concerned face. "Uh, the chief was asking to see her." Bailey replied. "He wanted to see you too so you should go up there." She said.

I nodded confusedly and quickly walked to the chiefs office. I knocked on the door before walking in. "Chief?" I asked hesitantly. "Oh Derek! Sit down." He said as he motioned to the chair in front of his desk. I slowly sat down and looked at him. "I just wanted to talk to you about Meredith and your relationship. I know you guys are married and all but I need you to sign this form. It's stupid, but HR is requiring in now." Richard said as he handed me a paper.

"Uh, okay." I said as I quickly signed the paper. "Meredith?" He asked. "She's resting. Her back was a little sore." I replied. He nodded. "Listen Derek, it...it was partly my fault her mom was so...absent. I knew them both when you guys were little kids. We-we had an affair and her father knew about it. That's why he left. I-I needed to get this off my chest." He said guiltily. My mouth dropped in shock and anger.

"I'm gonna leave before I say soemtning I regret. Do not say anything to Meredith unless it comes up. And if it does come up, let me handle it." I said trying to control my anger. The chief nodded and I stood up and walked away.

At home that night, Meredith and Derek were curled up on the couch together.  "How's your back?" Derek asked as he held her in his lap. "Little sore but it's good." Mereditj replied. "That's good. You tired?" He asked. Meredith nodded and leaned back into his chest. "I'll bring you up to bed. Let's go." He said as he effortlessly lifted his tiny wife's body and began walking upstairs to their bedroom.

He deposited her into the bed and quickly climbed in behind her. "Love you." Meredith said as she faced him and buried her head in the crook of his neck. "I love you too Mer. Get some sleep." Derek said as he held her close and kissed her head.

Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! ❤️ it's kinda short, but I have An idea for next chapter