Chapter 44

The two couples woke up around 10 and Met in the large kitchen  overlooking the beach for breakfast. "How'd you guys sleep?" Meredith asked as she stifled a yawn.

"Excellent." Mark replied with a smile. Derek chuckled and looked at Meredith. "Still wanna bet?" He asked quietly. Meredith giggled. "What do you guys want to do today?" Addison asked, changing the subject successfully.

"Want to hit the beach?" Mark suggested. "Sounds good to me." Addison replied. "Sure." Derek and Meredith said with a smile.

After breakfast, the group of 4 made their way back up to their rooms and changed into their swimsuits.  The beach was just outside, so they weren't in a hurry to get a spot.

Once they were all changed, the guys carried the umbrella and towels out and laid them down on the beach. "This good?" Derek asked, shirtless and sweaty as he positioned the umbrella. "That's good." Meredith replied as she looked her husband up and down. Damn, did he have a good body.

"Looking at the man candy too?" Addison murmured as she watched Mark. "Hell yeah." Meredith replied. "We chose well." Meredith said with a giggle. "We really did." Addison agreed.

"Hey! You guys gonna keep checking us out or come and help out?" Mark asked with an amused smile. Meredith and Addison blushed and walked over, helping set everything up.

Once they were done, they all put on sunscreen and decided to jump in the water. They all threw around the football and chatted. "It's nice to not have work." Meredith commented. "I love work, but it's nice to have time off." Addison agreed as she threw the ball to Mark.

"This brings me back to college." Derek commented. "Except now we're all married and doctors." Meredith replied with a giggle. "We've come a long way. All of us." Addison said. "Remember that one time in sophomore year where Derek got so shitfaced that he thought Mark was Meredith and tried to cuddle up to him on the couch?" Meredith asked with a smirk.

Derek paled. "I don't remember that." He said quietly. "I do. I wish I didn't." Mark said, sending everyone laughing hard. "We've all been there before Shepherd." Mark said. "Sorry." Derek mumbled embarrassed. Meredith giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him hard.

"You can cuddle up to me all you want." Meredith said innocently. Derek smirked and pressed his lips up and down her neck. Mark cleared his throat and smirked when both of their faces flushed red.

After a little longer in the water, the girls decided to get out, so the boys followed. The beach was practically empty on their side of the house, so it was nice and quiet. "Let's tan." Meredith suggested.

Addison and her laid down their towels and laid on their stomachs first, the hot sun beating down on them. The boys made themselves busy by continuing to throw the football around, this time on the sand.

"I'm never leaving here." Addison mumbled. "Neither am I." Meredith replied. "We should go for a walk later, look at the sunset after dinner." Addison suggested. "Sure." She replied as she turned on to her back. "Our tans are going to be fantastic." Meredith added.

A little while later, they all decided it was time to leave the beach. It was around 5pm now, and they decided to get ready and grab some dinner. "This one or this one?" Meredith asked as she held up a v neck black dress with a slit up the side and a dark blue tight dress. Derek smirked at her appearance. She was standing outside of the bathroom, wrapped in a white towel.

"Black one. Easy access for after." Derek said with a smirk. Meredith giggled and rolled her eyes, but disappeared in the bathroom. Minutes later, she came out, and dereks breath caught. "Wow." He said as he looked her up and down. Meredith blushed. "It's good?" She asked. "You're gorgeous." He said softly as he stood up and kissed her roughly.

"After." She murmured against his lips. Derek groaned and pulled away. "You look beautiful." He said with a smile. "Thank you." She replied.

Derek changed into some dress pants and a button up, looking handsome as ever. "Mcdreamy." Meredith teased as she took in his body. Derek snorted and walked over. "Ready to go?" He asked. "I am." Meredith replied.

When Addison and Mark were ready, the four of them drove to the restaurant. It was a rooftop dining area, with a view of the beach and sunset. "Smile!" Derek exclaimed as he held his phone out for a selfie. He took the photo and sent it to his mom.

Hours later, they were all stuffed, and decided to save the beach walk for another day. The two couples bid their goodbyes and went to bed. Of course, neither of them actually went to bed, but instead opted to have some alone time. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them! Hope your all doing well!