Chapter 66

The next morning, Meredith, Derek, mark and Addison all said goodbye and went to the airport. Meredith was half asleep by the time they sat down and waited for their plane to be called.

"I really wish I could have a coffee right now." Meredith groaned as she fought to keep her eyes open. "I can go get you a tea. Or maybe a cinnamon roll?" Derek offered.

Merediths eyes bolted up at the sound of cinnamon roles. "Yes please. Cinnamon roll." She said. "Extra icing?" Derek asked knowingly.

"Yes please." She said, smiling.

Derek walked to Cinnabon and stood in line when a little hand pulled on his sweater. "What's up little guy?" Derek asked softly to the 4 year old. "I domt know where mommy is." The boy said, his voice cracking.

"Okay buddy. What's your name?" Derek asked gently. "My name is Derek." He added.

"Luca." The boy replied. "Okay Luca. How about we wait here and see if your mommy comes? What does she look like?" Derek questioned.

"She was wearing a pink sweater." Luca sniffled. "Okay. We'll find her, Bud. Don't worry." Derek said. Luca nodded and slipped his hand into dereks. Derek wasn't sure why, but as long as the kid felt comfortable.

Derek got up to order and got Meredith her pastry. "Want anything to eat buddy?" Derek asked. "Can I have a Cinnabon?" Luca asked with a grin. Derek ordered him one and walked off with the boy in front of the store.

"My wife is just like you. She loves surgery food." Derek said as he watched amused as Luca ate. "S'good." Luca said with a mouthful.

"Luca Sandavol, there you are!" A frantic woman exclaimed as she ran up to him. "Mommy." Luca said, hugging her.

"I'm so sorry for this. Thank you for watching him. My name is Carrie. My baby, I was changing him and my husband lost track of him....thank you." Carrie said gratefully.

"It's not problem. He's a good kid." Derek said, smiling. "And he bought you a Cinnabon? Here, let me pay you back." Carrie said, reaching for her wallet. "It's no trouble, I got it." Derek said, stopping her.

"Thank you. Do you have any kids?" Carrie asked. "My wife and I are expecting. Baby boy." He replied proudly. "You are going to be a good father. Thank you. We should get going, Luca." Carrie said before the two walked away.

•••

"What took you so long?" Meredith asked jokingly. "Some kid got lost so I bought him a Cinnabon and waited for his mom." Derek replied. "Really? Did he find his parents?" Addison asked intrigued.

Derek nodded. "Yeah, hes good now." He replied as he sat down next to his wife. "Your a good man Derek Shepherd." Meredith whispered as she ate her food.

"I think the sugars gone straight to your head, Grey." Mark said playfully. "Shut it Sloan." Meredith snapped with a grin.

A little while later, they boarded their plane and started the flight home.

•••

They arrived back at Seattle airport and a sore and tired Meredith got off the plane with everyone else. "I'm never riding a plane ever again." She complained as they waited at the luggage carousel.

"Once the baby comes it'll be better." Derek said as he rubbed her back up and down. "I know. I'm going home and taking a nap." She replied.

"That's fine. You guys took a cab, right?" Derek asked, directing his attention to the mark and Addison. ""Yes we did. I already called one. You guys drove here right?" Mark answered.

Derek nodded as they grabbed their luggage. "We'll see you all tomorrow." Meredith said as they parted ways to their rides.

Meredith and Derek hopped into their car and began the drive. "That was fun." Derek murmured. "It was. But seriously, no planes until this little guy is out." Meredith said sternly as she placed a hand on the swell for her belly.

She was now officially 16 weeks along. "I know. Mom already said Christmas would be down here." Derek replied. "I'm gonna take a nap." Meredith announced after a moment. "Okay." Derek said with a smile.

••••

Once they got home, Meredith was still asleep. Derek decided to forgo the luggage and lift mereditj into his arms and carry her into the house.

She didn't stir at all as he went up the stairs or as he put her down gently in the bed. "Sleep well Mer. You too buddy." Derek whispeed, pressing a kiss to her head before going to grab their luggage.

Derek eventually got their bags inside and then went to the kitchen to make himself lunch. He made a sandwich for himself and a box of Mac and cheese for Meredith which he knew she would devour and sat down on the couch.

The trip had been good. Derek got to show off his wife's baby bump proudly. Everyone had been very happy about that. Meredith seemed to enjoy her trip as well. Aside from the plane ride, which was not fun for Merediths back, it was a good trip.

A few hours later, Meredith woke up feeling happy and refreshed. She went downstairs and smiled when she saw Derek passed out on the couch with a empty plate in his hand and a baseball game on.

She went to grab a water when she saw the Mac and cheese. After putting some into a bowl, she went to the couch and sat next to Derek, pulling a blanket around the two of them.

After a long day of traveling, they were doing the thing they loved the most. Cuddling. And eating in Merediths case.

Hey guys! So sorry for the short chapter, hope you guys understand. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters feel free to drop them. Thanks for reading.