Chapter 48

Meredith and Derek woke up early to go to work. It had been a few weeks since their first shifts as residents, and they were getting the hang of it finally.

"I have a surgery with Nelson in a little bit ." Derek said with a smile. "Lucky! I have one with Burke." Meredith replied.

Meredith opened her mouth to say something when dereks pager cut her off. "I gotta go. I love you." He said, giving her a quick kiss and then running off.

Dereks patient had turned critical so he ran to the scrub room. Nelson was in another surgery so he trusted Derek to perform this one by himself.

Derek quickly scrubbed in and entered the OR. "It's a beautiful day to save lives. Let's have some fun." He said with a smile. He grabbed the scalpel and cut into the patients brain.

It was a simple craniotomy, but Derek had never done one by himself. As Derek dabbed up the bleeding, he felt a calmness he had never felt before.

It was like cutting into brains was what he was meant to do. He couldn't wait until one day maybe him and Meredith could operate together. They would for sure be the next big neuro duo.

After the surgery, Derek scrubbed out and went to the scrub room where a nurse was scrubbing out as well. "Nice job dr Shepherd. You did great." Rose said politely.

"Thank you." Derek replied. "You know, you're going to be the best neurosurgeon Seattle's ever had." She said, laying a hand on his arm. Derek shrugged off her arm and moved away.

"Thanks." He said, getting uncomfortable at the nurses obvious attempts at flirting. "Maybe we could go out for drinks? To celebrate?" She asked in a flirtatious manner.

"No thanks, my wife and I are going to celebrate ourselves." Derek said, emphasizing the wide part. Rose moved closer to Derek, close enough so that he could feel her breath against his neck.

Derek backed away once again and finished wiping his hands. "I'm gonna go now." He said, turning to the door. Rose grabbed his hand and pulled him around and kissed him roughly.

Derek immediately pulled back and looked at her in disgust. "What the hell was that?" He yelled. "I-"

"I'm very happily married. You know that. Why the hell would you do that?" Derek screamed. "I just thought-"

"Thought what? That if you kissed me I'd leave my wife? No. I love my wife more than anything in the world. She's the only one I want to kiss. I'm reporting you to the chief." Derek said angrily, storming out of the room.

Derek marched up to the chiefs office and knocked quickly before entering. "Shepherd? What happened?" Richard asked. "That scrub nurse. Rosy, rose, whatever her name is kissed me and she wouldn't let me leave. And I know this sounds dumb, but you know I'm married. Everyone knows it." Derek ranted.

"Do you want me to file an HR report?" He asked. "Please do. And suspend her for at least a week."

"Derek-"

"Please. I don't want to see her. She's been flirting with me all week. I hate it. It's harassment." Derek replied. "Okay. It's done." Richard said, calming the young resident down. "Thank you." He said.

•••

A little while later, Meredith got out of a surgery and walked out. She heard the rumors. But she wouldn't believe them until Derek told her.

"So, rumor has it you got a scrub nurse suspended?" She asked as she walked along side him. "I've been looking for you for hours." He said, pulling her into a n empty on call room.

"So?" Meredith asked. "I got to do a solo craniotomy. Which was amazing, by the way, but that's not the point. When I was scrubbing out the nurse was there and she was all flirty and stuff. I tried to leave and she kissed me. Mer, I swear I pulled back immediately. I yelled at her. I-"

"Derek. I believe you. You got a scrub nurse suspended because she kissed you. It's okay." Meredith cut in. "You're not upset?" Derek asked. "I trust you. and I heard you yelling at Richard. It's okay." Meredith said with a chuckle.

"But..." Meredith trailed off. "I think some make up sex is in order. Even though it's not really make up sex, more like just sex."

Derek smiled and pressed her up against the door. "Maybe you can pretend to be mad at me?" He asked huskily. "Will do."

•••

After Meredith and Derek came out of the on call room, they went back to work.

The two of them went home together and Derek started cooking dinner. Truth was, Meredith wasn't mad about the kiss. She knew Derek flipped o it about it and she knew he pulled back immediately.

Derek was surprised she Wasn't mad. He cooked dinner and they sat togetether. "You didn't have to get her suspended Derek." Meredith said randomly.

"Well..."

Meredith giggled. "I love you, you know that?" She asked. "I know. I love you too. And I'm sorry for today." Derek replied. "Don't be. It wasn't your fault."

Hey guys! So I brought musty dusty rose in because why not. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them! Hope your all doing well.