Chapter 51

A few days after the toxic blood incident; everyone was back to work.

"Hey, did you know Dr Grey is married to Dr Shepherd?" One of Merediths interns whispered to another. "No way. She's so....mean. And dr Shepherd is....dreamy."

"Have something to say?" Meredith snapped. "Uh, no. We-we were just wondering if you were m-married to dr Shepherd." The intern stammered.

"Well, Dr" she said, looking at her name tag "Jamison, not that it's any of your business, I am married to dr Shepherd. Now, back to work." Meredith said sharply.

Derek, On the other hand, was having a very quiet day. He had no surgeries planned, and his interns weren't bothering him.

He saw Meredith snapping at her interns from a distance and chuckled to himself. She was so cute when she was pissed off.

Derek got up and walked over to her. "Hey." He said softly, putting his hand on the small of her back. "Hi." She said emotionlessly.

"Bad day?" Derek asked sympathetically. Meredith nodded and leaned into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head gently.

"When we get home, I'll run you a hot bath and make us some dinner. How's that sound?" Derek murmured.

"M'kay." She mumbled in response.

Meredith interns around the two were surprised at the sight. They heard that they were married, but up until now, they didn't believe it.

Merediths pager went off and she looked. "911 to the pit. Love you." She said, giving a quick kiss to his lips before running off. "Hurry up!" She snapped to her interns.

•••

"What do we got?" Meredith asked, coming into the pit. "You're interns aren't needed for this." Alex replied.

"Alex, what's going on?" She questioned.

"Your father is here. He's drunk, he's noisy, and you need to take him off my hands." Alex said.

"Alex-"

"Meredith, he won't listen to me. Curtain 4." Alex said, leaving.

Meredith sighed before putting on a fake smile and entering the curtained room. "Meredith!" Thatcher slurred.

"Thatcher." Meredith said. "M so glad you're here. The things I said....they were awful." Thatcher said. Meredith swallowed thickly and began dabbing the laceration on his arm.

"You're my daughter, you are. I was just...." he trailed off, tears falling. "Today's Susan's birthday." Thatcher slurred sadly.

"I'm sorry to hear about that." Meredith responded. "And the drinking....it's unacceptable, I know." He said.

"I met your husband. He's....nice. I still can't believed your married."

"A few years now." Meredith responded simply. "I'm sorry I missed it. Your childhood." Thatcher said. "Yeah." Meredith mumbled.

"All set. You can go home now." Meredith said. "Thank you Meredith. You're....the best daughter I could ask for."

Meredith just nodded and left the room.

•••

Derek frowned when he saw Meredith with a blank expression on her face. "What's wrong?" He asked, coming up to her.

"My stupid dad was in the ER and he said some stuff about how much he loves me. Oh, and he's drunk. Is it bad that I like my drunk dad better than my sober dad?" Meredith asked.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with him. My shift is done soon." Derek replied. "Mines done now." Meredith said.

"Go sit down for a little bit somewhere. I'll be done in 20 minutes." Derek said. "Okay." Meredith answered, turning around.

"Wait."

Derek pulled her into a soft kiss, and smiled. "Now you can go."

•••

The two of them arrived home and entered the house. "I'll run you a bath. Relax for a few minutes." Derek said with a soft smile.

Meredith nodded and sat down on the couch, sighing in relief.

Derek came back minutes after. "Baths ready."

Meredith nodded and stood up, following him into their bathroom. Meredith wordlessly stripped and got into the tub.

"I'll cook something." Derek said, kissing her and turning away. "Wait. You ran this bath for me and think you're leaving?" Meredith smirked.

"Well-"

"Get in." Meredith cut in. "Okay." Derek nodded and smiled.

He stripped his clothes and joined her in the water. Meredith leant back into his bare chest and he wrapped his arms around her flat abdomen.

"You want kids, right?" Meredith asked randomly. "I do." Derek replied. "When we have kids, promise not to be like my parents?" Meredith questioned in a small voice.

"Of course Mer. We're going to be great parents someday." Derek replied. "Good. You'd be a good dad."

"And you would be a good mom." He countered. "Relax, Mer. Just relax. Don't worry about work...."

"Love you." Meredith murmured. "I love you too." Derek replied.

•••

After their bath, the two of them changed and went downstairs.

"What are you making for dinner?" Meredith asked. "You're favorite." Derek replied with a smile. "Pizza?"

"You know it." Derek answered with a smile.

Derek served the pizza and sat down on the couch next to his wife. "Criminal minds?" Meredith asked. "Sure." Derek chuckled.

"You only like seeing it because of Derek." He accused. "No...I like the crimes too." Meredith said guiltily. "You don't. It's okay though."

"Im sorry you had a bad day." Derek said quietly as he pulled her into his lap. "It's okay. They happen. But you being here makes it all better." Meredith replied.

"Good. Because I'm never leaving."

"I love you so much." Meredith whispered. "I love you more."  Derek answered.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. If you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them! I really need them.