Chapter 15

Meredith 22, Derek 23 (based a month after last chapter)

"Hey guys." Derek said as he greeted Addison and Mark back into his and marks dorm. "Where's Mer?" Addison asked. "She's in class. She signed up for a late one, but I wanted to talk to you guys about soemtning." Derek replied. "What is it?" Mark asked. "Mer has been really stressed and anxious lately. I was thinking about booking a vacation for the four of us to get away. Spring break is tomorrow, and I was wondering if and where you would want to go." Derek explained. "That would be fun!" Addison exclaimed. "I'm down. What place were you thinking?" Mark asked. "Maybe like Aruba or sometning. Mer likes the beach and the sun." Derek replied. "Aruba is awesome. Let's go there!" Addison exclaimed. "Okay. I'll book tickets for...tomorrow night?" Derek asked. "Sounds good. Mark and I will pay you back." Addison said.

"Okay. I'm gonna go meet Mer after her class ends and let her know." Derek said. "Okay. I'm gonna go pack!" Addison said with a squeal. Mark rolled his eyes with a smile and followed her while Derek made his way to Merediths class.

"Mer! Over here!" Derek exclaimed as he smiled. Meredith walked over to him and walked into his arms. "I missed you." Derek said. "I missed you too." Meredith replied into his chest. "I have something to tell you." Derek said. "What? What is it? Are you okay? What's going on?" Meredith asked quickly. "I'm good Mer. Not me. It's good." Derek said softly. "What is it then?" Meredith asked anxiously. "We're going on vacation." He said with a smile. Merediths expression turned confused. "What?" She asked. "To aruba. Me, you, Mark and Addison." Derek explained. "But Derek, I have so much stuff to do. I have to pack, I have to study, I have to-." Meredith started. "No. Meredith, spring break is tomorrow. School is stressful, and god knows you've been working your ass off. You deserve a vacation. Pack your bags, okay? We're leaving tomorrow night." Derek said with a smile.

"Okay." Meredtih said with a smile. "Thank you." Meredith said as she went on her tiptoes and pressed her lips to his. "I love you." Derek said. "I love you too." Meredith replied. They walked up to their dorms and parted ways so they could pack.

"Mer! Hey!" Addison said as Meredith entered the room. "Ready for vacation?" She asked. "I gotta pack, but yeah." Meredith replied. Addison nodded and the two turned on music and packed away.

Derek booked 4 tickets to Aruba for 8pm tomorrow. "Derek?" Mark asked. "Yeah Mark?" Derek asked as he threw clothes into a suitcase. "When are you gonna propose to Meredith?" Mark asked. Derek smiled at the thought of Meredith being his wife. "Uh, I don't know. Probably in a few years." Derek replied. "Why?" He asked. "Well, I was thinking when you do we could do some type of double proposal. Not anytime soon, but I thought the girls would like it." Mark said. No one ever pegged Mark for the romantic type, but if you knew him, he was. "That's a good idea Mark. When were you thinking?" Derek asked. "Oh, I dunno. Maybe a year or two. I mean, you and Meredith have been togetehr for what? 7? 8 years?" Mark asked. "Yeah. 8 years this April." Derek replied with a smile. "We got really lucky, didn't we?" Mark asked. "We did." Derek said with a smile as he resumed packing.

After everyone finished packing, they all met back in Derek and marks dorm. "Did you tell your mom we were leaving?" Meredith asked. "I did. She told me to tell you guys to have a good time and relax." Derek said, emphasizing the 'relax' to Meredith. Meredith rolled her eyes and smiled. "You girls all packed?" Mark asked. "Yup!" The girls exclaimed at the same time. "Did you pack that bikini?" Mark asked to Addison with a smirk. "Mark Jeremy Sloan!" Addison yelled. "I did." She added with a whisper. Mark smiled and kissed the side of her head.

"Are you excited?" Derek asked Meredith. "I am. Thank you. I know I've been a little neurotic lately, and I'm sorry about that." Meredith apologized. "It's okay Mer. It's been really stressful. It's understandable." Derek said honestly. "I love you so much." Meredith said as she leant into his body. "I love you too Mer. So much." He responded.

"Derek! Where are we staying?" Addison asked. "I booked a nice hotel. Two rooms right next to each other." Derek replied. "Der, how much do we owe you?" Meredith asked. "Uh, I can pay for our room." He said, referring to Meredith and his room. "And the other room was 100 a night, and were staying 6 nights, so 600 for hotel and the plane ticket was 100 each. I got a deal on those." Derek explained proudly. "I'll get it to you when we get back. I gotta go to the bank." Mark said as Addison nodded in agreement. "I'll give you $350 when we get back." Meredith said. "No. Don't worry about it Mer. I got It." Derek said softly. "Derek, it's not a big deal. Mom had a ton of money." Meredith replied. "No. I got it." Derek said firmly. Meredith rolled her eyes and sighed as she snuggled back into Derek.

"I hate planes." Meredith admitted sleepily. "Why?" Derek asked amused. "They're scary." Meredith replied. "No, they're not." Derek said. "They are. When it's bumpy. You have to sit with me." Meredith insisted. "I will, don't worry. And planes aren't scary. We can watch a movie together." Derek said. "Okay." Meredith murmered sleepily as she drifted off to sleep, small snores coming out of her mouth. "I'm gonna turn in." Derek said. He picked her up gently and walked to the back and into his room. He placed her down gently in his bed and kissed her forehead. "Goodnight Mer." He said before climbing into bed beside her. He wrapped his arm around her abdomen and she unconsciously pulled him closer. Smiling, he drifted off to sleep.