Chapter 63

Originally, thanksgiving was planned at Carolyn and Michael's house at first. But now, it had changed to Nancy's house, which was in New York. So, they booked a flight for the day before thanksgiving

"Are you sure you want to fly?" Derek asked as they loaded their luggage into the car. Meredith giggled. "Yes, Der. It's only a few hours." She said as she got into the car.

"Okay. The girls said it would be uncomfortable though." Derek replied. "I'll be fine. I'm not that big yet." She said.

Meredith had put on some weight. She had a small, but not too small of a baby bump.

Once they got to the airport, the two of them got out with their luggage and went through checking and security without difficulty.

"I'm gonna go get some snacks for the plane. Want anything?" Meredith asked as they waited for the plane. "Maybe a water?" Derek asked. "Sure. I'll be back." She said, kissing his cheek and then walking off.

Meredith walked to the little shop and began looking through everything. She was hungry.

Eventually, she decided on Takis (a favorite) for herself, an iced tea, and a water for Derek and checked out. She didn't like airports. They weren't fun.

Meredith returned to Derek and sat down with a grunt. "Backs already sore?" He asked with a frown. "A little. It's alright." She replied. Derek sighed and wrapped an arm around her waist.

Meredith dug in to her takis, and while she was halfway through, their plane was called to board.

They sat down, and only 5 minutes in, Meredith was uncomfortable. "It's hot." She complained. Being pregnant, her body temperature rose.

"I know, Mer. It's only a few hours." Derek sighed. Meredith groaned and linked her hand with dereks as the plane roared to life.

Once the plane was in this air, Meredith decided to take a nap. Well, she wanted to, but that didn't work very well. The plane hurt her back, and she was sweating.

Derek tried his best to make her comfortable, but that was out of his control.

•••

Finally, after hours, they arrived in New York. The two quickly left the airport and got into the car to go to Nancy's house.

Once they got there, they went to the door and knocked before walking in. "We're here!" Derek exclaimed. Little feet came stomping over and they smiled.

"Hi guys!" Nancy exclaimed as she opened the door. "Oh, Mer, look at you!" She said in shock. Meredith giggled. "15 weeks." Derek announced proudly.

"Wow." Nancy breathed. "Auntie Meredith, uncle Derek!" The little girl exclaimed happily. "Hi Maddy! I missed you." Meredith said with a smile. "Me too." Maddy answered.

"Alright, come let the poor girl sit. That plane can't have been comfortable." Carolyn said, ushering them in to the living room.

Meredith sighed in relief as she sat down with everyone. The other sisters, Kathleen, Amelia, and Lizzie all said their greetings and sat down as well.

"Aunite Mer?" Riley, another one of their nieces asked. "Yes honey?" Meredith answered. "Did you eat lots of ice creams? Mommy said my belly would get reallllyy big if I did." The girl asked innocently.

Meredith smiled. "Riley! You can't ask people that!" Kathleen exclaimed. "Sorry Mer, we didn't tell anyone about...you know." She said.

"It's okay. No, I didn't eat a lot of ice creams, Ri. Actually, uncle Derek and I are...having a baby." Meredith said with a smile.

This got the other kids attention. "Having a baby?" Andrew asked, Lizzies kid. "Yes. You guys are getting another cousin." Derek said with a smile. "Really?" Maddy grinned. "Really." The two replied.

The kids cheered and ran off to play. "That went well." Meredith said, grabbing dereks hand, but wincing as she tried to straighten her back.

"It did. Is your back sore?" Derek asked in concern. "Yup." She answered, not even sugarcoating it. Derek began kneeding his hands into her back and she sighed in relief.

"Planes are not fun when pregnant. Sorry Mer. We'll keep it local for the next few holidays." Nancy apologized. "It's not a problem." She replied.

"How are you guys feeling?" Lizzie asked. "Good. Morning sickness is pretty much Gone. Now we're just dealing with back pain and my feet." Meredith answered.

"Yeah, that won't go away until the baby's out." Kathleen said with a smile. "Great." Meredith said sarcastically. "If you need to take a nap dear, go ahead. We have a few days to catch up." Carolyn offered.

"You should go, Mer. When your mother used to skip naps when she was pregnant she was not a happy person." Christopher encouraged.

Meredith smiled and nodded. "Okay." She whispered. "I'm gonna go too." Derek replied. The two of them went upstairs and Meredith dropped like a sack of potato's on the bed.

"Mm Goodnight." Meredith moaned. Derek chuckled and climbed into the bed beside her. "I love you." He whispered. "I love you too."

Hey guys! So sorry for the short chapter, hope you guys understand. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters feel free to drop them. Thanks for reading.