✨ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟟✨

Biana POV: 

"Hello, little Vacker." Vespera smirked when she saw me try to escape the bonds tied to my wrists.

"You can't escape, so I wouldn't bother trying. Who knew after what happened in Nightfall, I'd be the one to catch you? Didn't you promise to find me and get revenge? I've been looking forward to it."

"What do you want from me?" I spat. (No she did not actually spit. Gross)

Vespera smiled. (Yes I know she's numb and can't feel anything but I don't want to keep saying "Verspera said" so go along with me on this.) "What would I want from you? Other than wanting to roll information out of you, torture you, maybe kill you, and make sure you'll actually never be the same again this time, what could I possibly want from you?"

She leaned in an her smile grew creepier. "Or maybe I should torture your lover in front of your own two eyes."

My eyes widened. "N-no. Not Tam. Please-"

"That settles it. Goodnight, Vacker." 

Once again, the world faded away.

Tam POV:

"Well, well, well. If it isn't our little Shade Boy."

I opened my eyes to see Gethen watching over me.

I tried to move, but I realized that my arms and legs were bound to the chair I was sitting in.

"BIANA!!" I yelled, hoping she would hear me. 

"It's no use. She can't hear you." Gethen said, as if he was reading my mind. 

I shook the chair furiously and squirmed around as much as I could, trying to break free from the ropes.

"Where is she?" I shouted at Gethen after my failed attempts. "What have you done with her?" 

He grinned creepily. "Nothing... for the moment."

I closed my eyes and felt around for shadows. I pulled each and every single one into my grasp. Anger overthrew my lack of energy as I slammed the sphere of shadowflux right into Gethen's chest.

He immediately passed out, and I slammed the chair into the wall, breaking it into pieces. I took the dagger on Gethen's belt and used it to cut through the ropes. I concealed myself in shadows, and after making sure that the coast was clear, I silently crept out to find Biana. I had to get her out of this place safely. I promised her. And I'll keep that promise, even if it costs me my life.

Biana POV:

I could see something silver... Light! It was a light! I tried to reach for it, but my arms had no strength. My eyes slowly opened, and I saw that it wasn't a light. It was a melder sitting in Lady Gisela's hands. Next to her was Fintan, who was juggling flames of Everblaze.

"You know what we want." she said, tossing the weapon around carelessly in her hands. "All we need is information. We won't hurt you if you simply hand it over." 

"Never." I spat. (Again, she did not spit.)

Gisela shook her head. "How unfortunate." she turned to Fintan. 

"Let the torture begin."

Tam POV: 

Biana. I have to find Biana.

This was my only thought as I searched each and every cell.

What even is this place? Where is this place? What if I don't find her? What if she's... gone? What if-

My thoughts were cut off as I walked into another room with a cell. In the cell was a figure, slumped into the wall, crying into their arms. Something feels familiar... wait a minute.

"Linh?"

"Tam!" my twin stood up and raced over to the bars of her cell. "What happened? How did you escape? Where's the Neverseen? When did you es-"

"Doesn't matter right now. Let's get you out of here."

Surprisingly, the keys were on the wall right next to the cell. After I freed her, I covered both of us in shadows and led Linh out the door. There were 10 doors on the opposite side.

"Do you know where they are?" I whispered to her. 

Linh nodded. "Fitz is in the 3th cell, Keefe is in the 1st, Sophie is in the 10th, Marella is in the 5th, and Dex is in the 7th. I don't know where Biana is though. Have you seen her?" 

I shook my head sadly. "Not since she was taken away."

Linh put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, we'll find her. For now, let's free our other friends."

She unlocked Keefe and Fitz's cells, and I unlocked Marella, Dex, and Sophie's. Marella's cell was freezing cold and covered in ice, and Dex's had nothing inside, not even a single scrap of metal. Sophie was out cold and after I shook her awake, we all ran out to Linh, Fitz, and Keefe. 

Fitz stopped dead when he realized that Biana wasn't with us. "Where's my sister?" he demanded. 

"Wait. Biana's missing?" Keefe asked.

"Unfortunately, yes." Linh replied. "But we'll find her. I think we'll need to split up though." 

Sophie nodded. "I'll keep our minds connected." 

We split up into groups, and because of the odd number, I went off alone.

I'll find her. I have to. No matter what.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in forever. I'll probably post another chapter later this week. Did you guys like this chapter? Isn't Tam the sweetest when he's with Biana? My heart melts as I write this! Omg. This chapter is 920 words!!!! That's like, a lot for me! Btw, we're at 1.4 K reads!!! TYSM!!!!!!! Love you!!!

-Emmie