✨ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟡✨

Biana POV: 

Her words crashed into me like a cannonball. I stumbled back and dropped the dagger. 

No. No no no no no no no no no. This couldn't be true. No- 

"Grab her." a voice hisses. 

Darkness closes in and I sink into it, filled with grief and despair. 

No.

Tam POV: 

I wake up, groaning. It felt like a dinosaur had trampled all over my head. 

"HE'S AWAKE!" someone yells.

Oh no. The Neverseen. I force my tired eyes to open and saw that I was in a bright room with my friends, each in their own cots. They seem... happy? 

As my eyes adjust to the brightness, I notice that I'm someplace familiar with multiple cots and shelves stacked with elixirs and poultices... wait a sec... The Healing Center? 

What in the name of Atlantis am I doing here? I scanned the room. And more importantly, where was Bi?

"What happened?" I asked. 

"Oh good! You're awake!" Elwin said as he rushed over, flashing blue and purple lights around me. 

Linh quickly filled me in. "You were asleep when it happened, but the Black Swan raided the hideout! They found us and brought us here, and it's been about..." she looked at the clock. "...12 hours since the raid."

"And Biana? Where's Biana?" I asked, desperate for any news about her. 

Everyone exchanged glances and hung their heads. Oh no. The glances were filled with grief and sorrow. No. She couldn't be... could she? 

My worst fears were confirmed as Linh cleared her throat and avoided my eyes. "The entire hideout was searched. Twice. We even interrogated a few members of the Neverseen. And they said..." she looked up into my eyes. 

"Biana's dead."

Biana POV:

No. No no no no no no no no no. No. He can't be. No. 

These thoughts kicked me awake. Where was I?

"She's up!"

That voice sounded so familiar... wait.

I realized who the voice was as I forced my eyes to open.

"Alvar?"

Tam POV: 

No. No. She can't be gone. No.

"She is." Sophie said, tears streaming down her face, making me realize that I'd said the words out loud. Everyone else was crying as well. Including me.

I bolted up and tumbled out of the cot. Literally. I got up from the floor and ran towards the door. (Lol I just realized that this sentence rhymes!)

"Whoa there, buddy. Where so you think you're going?" Elwin asked me as he blocked the door.

"Back to the hideout." I replied. "I'm searching it myself. Biana may still be alive. She might-"

"Tam." Linh walked over to me, putting a gentle hand on my arm. "We searched it in quintuple ourselves. And the Black Swan searched it twice. We didn't find anything or anyone else, and it's 7 times total-" 

"I DON'T CARE." I snapped. "I'll search it 100 times if that's what it takes to find her."

"Tam-" my twin froze. "I just remembered something. Before we were rescued, I saw 2 people in cloaks taking someone unconscious out of cell and running away. They seemed a bit out of place, like they didn't belong there, and it looked like they wanted to get out if there quickly." 

Linh looked at the rest of our friends, hope forming in her eyes. 

"Could they have taken Biana?"

My heart swelled with hope. Could she really be alive? But who had taken her? Were they on our side? Where was she now? But Biana might still be alive. And that was all I needed to want to burst out of the door and look for her.

"Did you hear them speak?" Fitz asked, getting out of his cot and joining me and Linh.

She thought for a second. "Yeah. One of them spoke, and I think he said 'let's get out of here' or something like that."

"Do you mind if I take a look? I can project it into a memory log and we can see if anyone recognizes them."

Linh nodded, and Fitz reached for her temples. The seconds ticked by, turning into minutes. 

"Found it!" Fitz suddenly shouted. "I found- oh." 

He stepped back, his trembling hands forming into fists. 

"What is it?" Malrella asked. "Did you recognize the voice?"

Fitz took several deep  breaths before he turned around and faced us. 

"It's Alvar."

Hey guys! Did you like this chapter? I was getting bored of it so I decided on this plot twist! Also, ty all for 1.8 K reads! Gahh!! I don't know how to thank you all! You guys are the best <3333333333 Love You!

-Emmie