✨ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟞✨

Biana POV:

"Wait, what?"

"I said, you manifested a new ability."

"W-what?" my knees gave away and I collapsed on the ground. "What ability? There's no natural ability that allows you to do... that."

"Which can only mean that it's unnatural."

"Unnatural? So you're saying that I'm like Sophie? And Keefe?"

Fintan stepped forward. "Exactly. We ran a few tests on you as well while your mother was still pregnant with you-"

"WHAT?!" I shrieked and leapt to my feet. I took a deep breath so that I wouldn't pass out. "W-w-what abilities did you give me?"

He looked away. "Well, we don't really know-"

"WHAT?!?!"

I stomped over to Fintan and pointed an accusing finger at him. "You ran unknown, untested experiments on me when I wasn't even born, and NOW you tell me?!"

"Yes." he calmly replied.

"You... you..." I started, but then my knees grew weak again and the world turned black.

~One week later~

Tam POV:

"Tam? Breakfast!"

"I'm not hungry!" I yelled back.

Silence. Then I heard footsteps coming upstairs.

Everyone was staying at Havenfield, still grieving over Biana's loss. Well, at least I was.

"Tam, you can't just stay in here forever."

"Yes I can, and I will."

"But Tam-"

"I don't care Linh!"

Silence again. Then footsteps going back downstairs. 

I sighed and threw the covers back. We'd been staying here for a week, and I never even stepped out of the guest bedroom after telling the others about Biana.

Oh no. More footsteps. I wrapped the blanket around me, covering my face.

"Come on, Tam, you've got to come out." Sophie's voice.

"Yeah, and I promise I've stopped smashing stuff." Fitz said.

"You've been in here for a week. Aren't you hungry?" Marella asked.

"Dude, aren't you worried about your hair? Of course it doesn't look nearly as good as mine, but I thought you at least cared about your stupid bangs." Sencen. Ugh.

"Tam, everyone's worried about you. Come out." Dex pleaded.

"Told you he wouldn't budge." Linh sighed. "Tam-"

I threw the covers away, revealing my tear stained face and red eyes.

"I SAID, NO! DEAL WITH IT!" I shouted. "BIANA'S DEAD, NOTHING CAN BRING HER BACK, AND YOU'RE JUST EXPECTING ME TO MOVE ON LIKE SHE NEVER EVEN EXISTED?!" I pointed at Fitz. "I THOUGHT YOU, HER OWN BROTHER, WOULD BE UPSET, BUT YOU SEEM TO BE JUST FINE, AND YOU." I turned to Keefe. "DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT BI WAS LIKE A SISTER TO YOU? WELL IF THAT'S TRUE, THEN WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE, CRACKING JOKES ABOUT MY HAIR? SHE'S DEAD, SO WHY AREN'T ANY OF YOU ACTING LIKE IT?!"

"Tam-"

"GET OUT!"

Nobody objected, and everybody got out.

I got out my iPod, a gift from Sophie, and jammed the earbuds in and turned a song on. 

"You said that we would always be
Without you I feel lost at sea
Through the darkness you'd hide with me
Like the wind we'd be wild and free
You
Said you'd follow me anywhere
But your eyes
Tell me you won't be there,"

I felt like it properly showed my dilemma without Biana.

"I got to learn how to love without you
I got to carry my cross without you
Stuck in the middle and I'm just about to
Figure it out without you
And I'm done sitting home without you
Fuck, I'm going up without you
I'm going to tear this city down without you,"

But how could I love without her?

"Now I'm running away my dear
From myself and the truth I fear
My heart is beating I can't see clear
How I'm wishing that you were here..."

Is this how I'm going to live forever? Grieving over Biana? 

I sighed and took out the earbuds. I went to the bathroom, took a shower, did my hair, changed, and looked in the mirror, looking a lot better than before. Then, I went downstairs. All my friends were sitting in the living room, so I approached them. Before I could change my mind, I blurted, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at all of you like that."

I was afraid they in turn would yell at me, but instead they pulled me into a hug. "Uh, guys? This is touching but I'm not really a touchy-feely guy, remember?"

They pulled away, and that was when I realized.

Linh and I might have been treated terribly by our parents, but we found amazing friends that loved us more than our parents ever had. Yes, I lost Biana. But... I can't grieve her forever.

Then suddenly, Grady and Edaline came in with a scroll in Edaline's hands. She passed it to Sophie, who read it out loud. 

"Please read the following announcement from the Council:

It is with great sorrow to announce the death of Biana Amberly Vacker, a beloved elf. We will be holding her Planting in the Wanderling Woods at 5:00 PM.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

The Council"

So this was real. Biana was officially... gone.

Song: Without You- Avicii ft. Sandro Cavazza

Hey guys! I'm writing this myself, but I literally want to scream, "OMG HOW BLIND ARE YOU, TAM?!" lol. It's kinda sad, really. Oh, and I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for being okay with my slow updates. I'm finally getting the sleep that I need! Well, have a beautiful day/night! Love You!!!

-Emmie