✨ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟘✨

Biana POV: 

"Alvar?"

My brother smiled. "Hey Bi."

I looked around, and I realized that I was in a room that looked incredibly familiar, instead of a cell like I'd expected. 

I scrambled out of the bed I was lying in.

"Why am I with you? Where's the Neverseen? Where are we? Where are my friends? Where's Tam?"

"Whoa. Slow down on the questions, sis. We're at Alluveterre, and you're with me because I rescued you from that creepy hideout. As for your friends, I don't know where they are." 

He looked up at me, and I could see that his eyes were overflowing with sadness and guilt.

"Please believe me. I'm so sorry about everything. I really am. I still love you, and I hope you feel the same. Just please trust me." 

I barked out a cold laugh. "Do you really expect me to believe that trash?" I asked him. "Do you really expect me to still love you?" 

Alvar hung his head. 

"I did love you, Al! I loved you even more than Fitz!" I yelled. "You were the one who always stayed by my side no matter what. But then you betrayed me. And that..." tears slowly bagan to fall down my cheeks. "that can't be forgiven."

I buried my face in my hands, my shoulders shaking with tears. After a minute, I felt my brother's arms wrap around me, and I hesitantly sunk into them. 

"I missed you so much, Bi. But I had to leave in order to protect you." 

I stumbled back. "What?"

My brother smiled sadly. "Gisela threatened to kill you if I didn't cooperate."

"So all this time... you weren't really with them?" 

"No. I was just... cooperating. I had to protect you." 

Anger suddenly raged inside of me.

"What makes you think I need protection? I'm perfectly capable of protecting myself." I snapped.

Alvar raised an eyebrow. "When I took you out of that cell, you were practically dead."

"Then how did you heal me? Why did you even help me? How come you didn't you leave me out to die like the cruel, selfish person you are?" I asked him, tears still falling.

"Because he had me." a voice replied from the shadows.

I whipped my head around. 

He was standing right there, looking all smug. 

"Yes." Ruy said as he stepped out from his hiding place.

"I  healed you."

Tam POV: 

"It's Alvar."

I stumbled backwards. 

Alvar? 

Everyone was shocked by this new revelation.

"What about the second figure?" Dex asked. 

I squinted at the page, where Fitz had projected the memory. 

Two figures walking down the hall into a cell... they come back out seconds later, carrying an unconscious person... one mutters, "'Cmon let's get her out of here." The other nods, and I see small lights flicker at his wrists. Wait. That means- 

"Ruy?" I whisper in disbelief.

Keefe comes over and stares at the page as it replays, showing the lights. His eyes widen. "That's definitely Ruy." 

I tear my hands through my hair. None of this was making any sense! Why would the enemy free their own captive? Where did they take Biana? What were they doing to her?

I let out a groan as I flopped back down onto my cot. "None of this is getting us anywhere! We-"

I was cut off my Mr. Forkle bursting through the door. 

"You kids are all still here! Thank goodness. That saves me a lot of time." 

I sat straight up again. So did everyone else. 

"What happened?" Sophie asked. 

Mr. Forkle sat down on a nearby cot, catching his breath and he cleared his throat.

"Some of our gnomes were patrolling the area near Alluveterre, and they heard voices coming from the tree houses." he looked at each of us before whispering, 

"Miss Vacker is still alive."

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I kinda felt sorry for Alvar so I made him nice🤗 Can you believe we're at 20 Chapters already? This is turning out to be waaaaaaaaay longer that I thought it would be. Please vote and comment! I love hearing from you guys, and I try my best to respond! Also, tysm for 2.1K reads!! Love You!!!!

-Emmie