✨ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟠✨

Tam POV:

After the ceremony, Della suggested we all go to Everglen.

We all leapt there, and tears immediately welled in my eyes, for this was the place that I realized that I loved Biana.

~FLASHBACK~

"Biana?"

She was kneeling by the lake, crying.

We were at Everglen, and we'd just been told that Alvar was dead. After Forkle broke the news, everyone started comforting Fitz, forgetting about Biana.

(Yeah he isn't actually dead, but back then, they didn't know that.)

She then ran outside and I followed her out, which is why I was here right now.

I gently pulled Bi into my arms, letting her lean into me and cry into my tunic.

I softly stroked her hair. "It's okay, Biana... It's going to be okay."

She looked up at me with her tear streaked face. 

"How?" she whispered. "How is it going to be okay? I've lost my brother, the one who was a real brother to me. Unlike Fitz."

"Well, you still have your friends-"

"My friends? As in the friends who turned to Fitz and forgot about me?" Bi asked, anger and heartbreak abundant in her voice.

I carefully wiped a tear away from her cheek. "Yeah, maybe they did forget about you. But I'm here. And I care about you."

It was true. Every time I saw her, I just felt like I had to protect her, to comfort her. 

Biana smiled softly and leaned into me again. "Thank you, Tammy."

"Of course." I replied, stroking her hair again.

Biana was my best friend. I needed her.

I... I loved her.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

While everyone went inside, I made my way over to the lake.

Engraved in the grass were the words, Biana Amberly Vacker + Tam Dai Song

I'd written them with Biana after we'd confessed our love for each other.

I traced my hand over the words, smiling as I remembered  that day.

"Tam?"

I turned around, where Linh was standing behind me.

She smiled sadly, hooking her arm through mine. "C'mon, everyone's waiting inside."

I nodded, following her.

Everyone was at the table, and nobody was eating the mallowmelt. Not even Sophie.

I sat down and looked down at my hands. The back door creaked, probably from the wind.

"So..." Keefe said, breaking the silence. "What now?"

I leaned back in my chair.

"Honestly, all I want to do right now is just be alone. Biana's dead, so what's the point of living?"

Linh smacked my arm. "Tam! Don't say things like that!"

Sophie's eyes lit up. "Hey, how about we watch a human movie? I have a few CD's and I'm sure Dex can build a TV."

Everyone agreed, and in an hour, everything was ready and the movie started playing.

But I couldn't focus. There was only one thought in my mind.

What's the point of living without Biana?

Biana POV:

Everglen.

I could see my friends walk inside, and tears started welling in my eyes. I'd missed them so much.

Especially Tammy.

I was sure that Gisela and Fintan would get mad at me if my friends saw me, so I made sure that I was still invisible. Then I opened the back door, biting my lip as it creaked.

I crept inside, and all my friends were gathered at the table, in silence.

"So... What now?" Keefe asked.

"Honestly, all I want to do right now is just be alone. Biana's dead, so what's the point of living?"

Hold on, did he just say dead?!

Linh smacked Tam's arm. "Tam! Don't say things like that!"

My heart started pounding like a drum in my ears.

They think I'm dead?

I stepped back, my heart going crazy, and I all but ran out the door.

Tears fell down my face in waterfalls as I reappeared. I collapsed next to the lake, right next to the engraving of Tam and my names.

They think I'm dead.

"Biana?"

I gasped and turned around, where Marella was standing there, petrified.

"Is that you?" she stepped closer.

I grabbed her hand and used my new ability to take her to somewhere more isolated.

We landed in a heap in a forest nearby, and I helped Marella up.

"Biana how are you ali-"

"Shh!" I shushed her. "Yes, I'm alive. How did you think I was dead?"

Marella told me all about the attack that backfired and how Gisela told Tam that I was dead.

"So where have you been?" she asked.

I bit my lip. "I... I've been with the Neverseen."

"YOU WHAT?! WHY-"

"Shhh!" I shushed her again. "Let me explain."

I told her about the secret rebellion and how I was a part of it.

"That's... wow." Marella said. Then she looked me in the eye. "I can tell the others, right?"

I bit my lip even harder. "I'm sorry, you can't."

"What? Do you know how much Tam's suffering because of the grief?"

I looked away. "You can't. Please just... keep it a secret for now."

Marella sighed "Fine. But you'll have to tell him sometime."

I nodded and took her arm again, landing in Everglen.

"Thank you, Marella." I said, vanishing.

Hey guys! I updated on a weekday! Surprise!!! Did you like the chap? Comment and let me know! <333 (I used Marella bc i thought she was being left out :) Have a great night/day! Love You!!

-Emmie