✨ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟙✨

Biana POV:

I froze. 

"You healed me? H-how?"

Ruy snapped his fingers, enveloping his hands in a pale blue light. "Using this." he replied. "Psionipaths can also heal wounds using special force fields." (I know they can't, but for the sake of my story, pretend that they can.)

Finally, my knees gave away and I collapsed back onto the bed.

"Hold on. Even if all of that is true, something doesn't add up." I faced my brother. "How did you find me and why did you rescue only me and not the rest of my friends?"

He sighed. "I knew where the hideout was because I was a member of the Neverseen." He flinched at the word. "And I rescued you because I overheard Vespera bragging to Fintan about how she scared you, and she revealed where you were by doing so. I didn't rescue your friends because they weren't in any of the cells." 

My heart nearly stopped. Did that mean that they escaped? Or maybe they were... I couldn't bring myself to say it.

"You okay, Bi?" my brother asked. "You're looking really pale..."

I sighed and laid down on the bed, closing my eyes. 

"Can't I go back home?" I whispered

Alvar smiled sadly. "Maybe in a few days. You need to regain your strength first. I'll let you sleep now." he left the room with Ruy following.

I nodded. I can live with that. But I can't live with the fact that Tam could be dead.

Tam POV: 

I ran towards the door and Elwin blocked me. Again.

"C'mon, let's go!" I shouted, trying to push past Elwin. Unfortunately, he was stronger than he looked and dragged me back to my cot.

"No. You are all staying here until you recover." he said firmly.

"What are you talking about? I'm fine!" I protested.

Sencen snickered. "Looks like someone wants to see their girlfriend." 

I turned around. "You mean you don't?" I snapped, not even denying the girlfriend thing. Hopefully, he didn't notice.

"I-" his eyes widened. Crap. "You didn't deny it!" he said, practically jumping up and down. 

Linh gasped. "He didn't!" she exclaimed. Double crap. 

"Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!" they both shouted. 

Fitz leaped up. "YOU-"

But before he could finish, Flori came into the healing center, looking as pale as a gnome could be. 

"What happened now?" Marella groaned.

"If you are coming, we should go. Now."

"Why? Did something happen?" Dex asked.

Flori looked at us with fear in her eyes as she said, "We heard Biana scream Tam's name at Alluveterre, but we don't know why."

I jumped up once again, my heart inflating. "Now can we go?" I asked Elwin. 

He sighed. "This seems urgent, so I suppose you must."

I turned to my friends. 

"Let's go save Biana."