✨ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟝✨

Tam POV:

I woke up to the bright sun shining on me. 

I opened my eyes and glanced at the clock. 8:37 AM.

Next to me, cozily nestled into my side and sleeping peacefully, was Biana. 

My memories from last night came flooding back. 

Why was Bi so underappreciated? She'd risked so much, including her life, yet no one could see that. She'd taken on Vespera and Fintan single handed, and was pushed through mirrors for that. Was I the only one who noticed these things?

Biana rustled, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Tam... Tam... Please..." she mumbled. I noticed that she was sweating.

Oh no. Not again.

"Please." she pleaded. "No, no, Tam. Please."

Bi started kicking and flailing.

"Biana! Wake up! It's just a dream!"

She screamed. "Tam! Stop!"

Tears pooled in my eyes. She would seriously hurt herself if she didn't stop.

"BI!"

She screamed again, tears pouring down her cheeks. "No! What are you doing, Tam?! Please, stop!"

I stumbled off of the bed. Was she dreaming about me hurting her?

"Biana." I said again, shaking her shoulders. "Biana, it's just a nightmare! Wake up! Please..."

She started kicking again, and I stepped back.

Suddenly, she bolted up, panting. Then she noticed me and screamed.

"Bi! What's wrong?" I asked, taking a step towards her.

She screamed again. "Tam! No! Stop!"

"It's okay, Biana." I reassured her. "I won't hurt you."

"I-" she broke down, thick tears falling. "I-I'm sorry. I know you wouldn't."

"It's okay." I say, hesitating for a second before wrapping my arms around her.

Bi put her full weight on me, leaning on me and holding onto me like I was the only thing keeping her together.

"You don't have to apologize." I put a soft kiss on her head. 

Seconds of silence tick by, and I break it by asking, "So... what was your nightmare about this time?"

"It was... about when you were with the Neverseen."

"Oh." I cringed. That was definitely not one of my proudest times. "I'm so so sorry. I shouldn't have left."

"Well... in the nightmare, Lady Gisela ordered you to kill me with shadowflux and.."

"Bi, look at me."

When she didn't, I tilted her chin up to face me.

"I would never hurt you. Ever. Promise me you'll remember that, okay?"

"I promise."

I let her go, and asked, "So what exactly happened after I left? No one really told me so..."

Biana looked at me, confused. "Really? I thought you knew."

I shook my head.

More and more tears started falling as she explained.

"Well, after you left, Sophie started blaming herself, Keefe started yelling about how you shouldn't have made the same mistake as him, Fitz started smashing things, Dex and Marella tried brainstorming ways to get you back, Linh stayed surprisingly calm somehow, and I..."

Her beautiful teal eyes stared into my pale blue ones. 

"I didn't come out of my room for months. I didn't even eat. My routine was wake up, shower, cry, sleep, repeat. I did nothing else until my mom said I had to come out for my meeting with the council when we were appointed as Regents."

She paused to wipe her eyes. "I spent the rest of the months until Loamnore in my room, not knowing if you were alive or dead. Wondering if you would ever come back."

I took Biana's hands. "I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I'll never leave again, though." I promised.

She kissed my cheek. "I love you so much, Tammy."

I smiled. "Love you too."

"BIANA!! WHERE ARE YOU? THE NEVERSEEN ARE- oh."

Fitz suddenly burst through the door and stopped mid-sentence when he noticed us.

I leaped off the bed as Bi asked, "The Neverseen are what?"

Fitz narrowed his eyes at me before saying, "They're attacking Eternalia, in the area where the Black Swan was working. The ambush started hours ago, but nobody knew and..."

I noticed that his eyes were glassy with grief. 

"Livvy and Lady Cadence are dead."

Hey guys! What did ya think about this one? Yay I made people die! (I was actually going to make Edaline and Lord Cassius die, but that seemed a little... eh.) I'm aware that this chapter was pretty boring, but I'm suffering from writer's block so... 😞. I'll *try* to make the next chappie more exciting! (Wow. I can't believe I'm publishing at 1:29! [for me it is]) I need mah beauty sleep! Love You!

-Emmie