✨ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟝✨

Tam POV:

This was it.

"Are you ready?" Glimmer asked, revealing a silver starstone. We all nodded.

This would be the confirmation of if my one true love was still alive.

"This stone leads to the Neverseen's prison, which is where they keep all of their prisoners. There might even be a few Black Swan members in there."

Linh, Fitz, Keefe, Sophie, Dex, Marella, Glimmer, and I all formed a chain, and Glimmer held up her starstone up to the light.

"Here we go."

Glimmer POV:

Did they really believe I was taking them to a prison? We didn't even have one of those! 

Little did they know I was leading them to a deserted hideout, where the Neverseen were planning an ambush.

A big one.

Tam POV:

"Uh are you sure this is a prison?" Sophie asked, eyeing all the ash around us.

"Of course. This ash is only here to make you think that it's all gone." Glimmer replied.

"Alright..." I could tell she was getting a little suspicious though.

Glimmer couldn't be leading us into a trap... right?

A scream. Then another. A soft thud. Another scream.

I turned around to see-

-a giant dwarf lunging towards me.

My instincts kicked in and I shot him with an arrow of shadowflux.

I could see my friends struggling, so I quickly rushed over to help. But then an arm grabbed me. There was only darkness as I was dragged away.

"Why hello, Tam."

Gisela.

I gathered all of my shadowflux into one black arrow and-

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

The darkness lifted and I could see her smiling creepily at me.

"Don't you want to know what happened to your lover?"

A tear slipped down my cheek. "WHERE IS SHE?"

Gisela stayed silent.

"ANSWER ME!"

"Oh about that... are you sure you want to know? And by the way, you do know that Glimmer set you up, correct? This was all actually her idea. She-"

"DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT!"

Lady Gisela sighed. "Well, if you really want to know..."

She clapped her hands twice and a projection appeared. It was... a building with the Neverseen's symbol on it. The projection went further in, and inside appeared a cell. In the cell was Biana, her wrists and ankles tied in chains.

But she's alive.

"Oh are you sure about that?" Gisela asked, making me realize that I'd said it out loud. "Can't you tell? Biana Vacker is dead."

Wait what?

"In fact, I killed her myself. Who knew that 50 melder blasts would do the job? With her last breaths she begged me to tell her if you were safe, but of course she never got her answer. You-"

I let out a cry, gripping the arrow and slamming it into Lady Gisela's heart.

And then the tears started to fall. I'd actually seen proof of her death this time, confirming that Bi was gone.

I stood up and shook my head. This isn't time for grieving. This is time to fight.

I went back to where my friends were and started making sure they were safe. I pulled Linh away first, who was only half conscious, and led her behind a clump of rocks where she would be hidden. Then I rescued Marella, Sophie, and Dex, who were close to getting attacked by ogres, and then Fitz and Keefe, who were both unconscious. I had to lift them up with telekinesis.

Sophie pulled out her home crystal, and we all leaped away.

~

"Are you alright, Tam?" Edaline asked.

"I'm fine, thank you."

We were all gathered at Havenfield, and I as usual, was sitting alone in a shadowed corner.

I hadn't told them about Biana yet and I knew that I would soon have to.

I waited until everybody was quiet and then whispered, "Biana's... dead."

Hey guys! I just realized- 9K Reads?! THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH! I started out as a girl who wrote a lame story on a Google Doc, and to have 9K people reading my story... It just means a lot. Love You!!!!

-Emmie