22

Lilia's POV

"Me..?"

The two boys and the staff look at me. "Yes I completely understand why Jungwon and Heeseung are candidates for Leader but why me?" I ask and the staff looks through the paper.

"You have that leader material. From the quizzes and questions yesterday you could be leader." She smiles and I shake my head. "I would very much rather one of them two to take that position, so please leave me out of the decision process." I tell her with a small bow but she just frowns.

"And why not?"

I sit there for a second, shrugging. "I put up walls, I can pretend I'm strong and know how to lead, but in the long run I'll only be a disadvantage to the team." I tell them, ignoring their gaze.

"Even Jungwon knows it." I say as I look up at him. He has a small frown on his face before he sighs. "I can pretend I mean, he knows I can do that, because he's the only one who can see through it, and my cousin Taehyung, and.. yeah so I can leave now if you want." I look up at her and she has a small smile, shaking her head.

"Help choose the leader then." She smiles and I nod.

"Wait your cousin is Taehyung?" Heeseung says and I widen my eyes. "Did I just say that out loud?" I ask and Jungwon laughs. "Yes you did." He shakes his head with a chuckle and Heeseung just looks at him weirdly. "You knew?"

"Of course I knew?"

"Can we get started on leaders now."

__________________________

"Okay, so, Heeseung, Jungwon and Lilia were ghe candidates for the leaders, and this is what we've decided."

I sit there, looking at the teams reaction. "We started off with Lilia, and we've decided she would best suit the mother of the team rather than the leader, despite her being the second youngest, I can see she'll be ready to scold any of you or help any of you when you need it." The staff says and I smile with a nod.

"I'll be ready to scold you guys when you need it, but also I'll be here if you need me. Even if it's just to wash your dishes so you don't need to play a game and put it on the two losers." I chuckle and the rest of the table laughs, remembering that one day.

"Now, with Heeseung, since he's the eldest, the position of leader on his shoulders could disadvantage him as a person, the pressure wouldn't be good. So we've decided to go with Jungwon."

We all clap for the leader before Heeseung starts to explain the reason why he turned it down.

Jungwon also gives his small speech on becoming the leader and we clap again.

"How do you think about Jungwon being leader?" The camera comes up to me and I smile.

"I've always sensed that he would be a great leader. Even if the position ended up being given to someone else, he would still have that leader quality and make people comfortable enough to open up to him. As if there's no ranking." I smile with a nod before it moves to the next person.

Jake's POV

She admires him..a lot.

Is that only admiration at another member and leader..?

Why do I care?

Why does it feel weird and off?

She looks pretty today.

She looks happy.

She looks happy when she talks to Jungwon.

She should be happy.. there's nothing bad about being happy.

But why couldn't I make her smile the way Jungwon does?

___________________________

Lilia's POV

"Is it true? Is it true? You, you,"

I sing butterfly when entering the artists lounge, looking down at my phone.

"Untrue, untrue, you, you, you,"

I keeping singing quietly while looking down at my phone. "Ha Engene, the staff has a nice voice right."

I nearly jump as I hear Jake's voice. I then look at Jake, Ni-ki, Jungwon and Heeseung doing a live. I put my hand to my mouth and widen my eyes. I turn around to leave but bump into someone else, my phone falling to the ground. Without even knowing who it is I bow again like 3 times before looking back up.

"Are you okay..?" Taehyung asks and I sigh, slapping his chest. "Shh, now move." I push him to the side and pass through. But then I realised I dropped my phone so I go back to pick it up, but I see it in Taehyungs. "So you're practicing Butterfly?" He asks and I widen my eyes as he says it, pointing to the live and watch as he widens his eyes.

He then suddenly goes into the live and I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Hello! I popped in without knowing, so I'll say hello for a bit." He waves before looking back at me, but he waves with my phone in his hands..

'What are you doing!" I mouth to him and he frowns. 'My phone!' I whisper shout again, the other members staring at me weirdly. But I see jungwon's eyes widen before turning around to Taehyung and taking the phone from his hand.

"Thank you for grabbing my phone when it fell." Jungwon slightly nods before he holds it out on his lap where the live can't see. "Yeah Jungwon's a bit clumsy." Heeseung laughs while Jake and Niki look weird. I quietly step forward to take it back before showing Taehyung the back of my phone he flashed to everyone.

'Property of Lilia Kim.'

Niki put it on my phone as a joke, and now everyone's seen it. Hopefully no one notices.

"Ha.. I guess I'm making it awkward, I will leave now. Bye bye!" Taehyung smiles and nods, before walking towards me. I drag him out of the room, waving at the members before closing the door.

"Oh my god I think my heart stopped." I hear jungwon and smile, giggling before frowning again and looking at Taehyung. "What was that giggle? What was that smile?" He asks and I shake my head at him and sigh, walking away. "Hey I didn't know! And why'd you smile like that!" He shouts and I turn around, walking backwards and shrugging with a sigh before walking back to the recording room.

______________________________

Time skip.

I chuckle quietly from the side as I watch the boys do Jake's Birthday celebration. They were reading comments and cutting the cake at the same time.

My manager taps me on my shoulder and I turn around to face him. "Come here for a second." He smiles and he pulls me out of the practice room.

"Here, you can wear this and pop some of these, and go in the live to wish him happy birthday for a second before leaving the frame if you want?" My manager says and I nod with a smile. He helps me put the big monkey costume on top of my clothes, which was big enough to hide my figure, which hides my gender.

"Can I sing the Aussie version of happy birthday I sang as a kid?" I ask and he nods, making me clap my hands with joy. "Don't try and change your voice so much or it'll seem suspicious." He says and I nod. I put the big monkey head on and gives me those party poppers.

I go into the room and they're too focused on the live to notice.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, YOU LIVE IN A ZOO! YOU SMELL LIKE A MONKEY....AND LOOK LIKE ONE TOO!" I shout as I pop party poppers, dance a little crazy behind them on the live and then stand there like a statue.

I hear them burst into laughter as I run out of the frame and take the monkey head off. "Thank you." Jay laughs as he bows and then sits back down.

"They're asking who it is." Niki chuckles quietly and Jake smiles. "That was my friend from Australia who's visiting." He lies and I keep my laugh in.

"Jake now they wanna know how they look like."

"You'll know soon."

Hehe