31

"Luna, you're awake." Brother said softly.

"How many hours has it been?" I rubbed my eyes and slowly sat up.

"It's been a day." He replied slightly furrowing his brows.

"It's better than last time." I commented silently to myself. "Ah, I missed the chance to send Xander away..."

"He asked you to contact him once you wake up." Brother sounded slightly annoyed...

[Xander, I'm fine already. I hope you have a safe trip back.] I touched the earring slightly to activate the communication spell.

[Don't do anything rash next time or you'll get it when I go visit. I'll make sure not to miss your birthday.]

[I'll try. Brother's not in a good mood, I'll contact you when I'm free.]

"Done?" Brother asked impatiently. As I guessed he's definitely in a bad mood.

"Brother, what are you upset about?" I shifted closer to him.

"I'm not upset." He replied with his usual poker face.

"You can fool others, but you can't fool me." I poked his cheeks repeatedly. He hates it when I do this.

"Luna, stop." He warned.

"If you want me to stop, tell me the truth-ouch. Hey, don't bite my finger. S-stop, I was wrong. I was wrong." I tried to pull my hand away, but his hands were faster...

"Regret it now?" He smirked slyly, licking the blood trickling out.

"Brother were you perhaps jealous that I gave Xander the earrings but you didn't get any?" I cocked my brow and imitated his smirk. He froze. I hit the jackpot.

"I didn't give you one because we don't need it, we're together everyday. So stop sulking." I pinched his cheek with my other hand.

Wait...why do I feel like I'm missing something important...How can I forgot that the banquet just ended a day ago?!

"Did you see all the guests off properly?" My tone turned serious while he averted his gaze.

"Were you here with me all the time when I was out?" He stayed silent. "Brother look at me. What did I say before I passed out?"

"You said you felt dizzy either because you're tired or because of the Lavender...." He replied with his gaze still averted.

"After that?"

"You might not be able to send Xander away."

"Brother, I'm happy that you were worried and stayed by my side but some things need to be prioritised." I sighed.

"But you will always be my number one priority." He said firmly, finally looking at me in the eyes. It was my turn to be silent.

"I did ask Dominic to send them away properly though." Why is he acting like a dejected puppy...it makes me feel like I'm bullying him.

Dominic...it must've been hard on you. No wonder he's brother's right hand man and the captain of the Shadow Panthers.

"Fine, as long as they are sent away properly." I supported my head with my hand.

"Dominic said that Princess Ava wanted to meet you, she'll be waiting at the guest meeting room." Brother suddenly spoke up.

"When did he say this?" My brows knitted slightly.

"Before you woke up."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I immediately hopped off the bed and headed to the bathroom to change.