27

One year later~
After the incident of Earl Benjamin, no other noble dared to stir up trouble. I mean who dares to after seeing the once so noble Earl turning into dust after a few days of torture and having his historical manor burned down leaving nothing but a charred piece of land.... so the past year was rather peaceful.

"Brother, don't you think it's time to hold that banquet." I focused onto brother who was resting his head on my lap.

"Too troublesome." He said in a lazy tone not opening his eyes.

"It's important!" I gently knocked his forehead with my knuckles. "We've already delayed it for a year, I'm sure the other empires and kingdoms are confused as well."

Le Soleil Enchanté (The Enchanted Sun), a banquet that is held when a new ruler ascends. In this world, to symbolise the empires and kingdoms are at peace, they would each send a representative usually the princess or the prince to a foreign land and attend this banquet. Sometimes if the empire or kingdom is close, the rulers would come personally.

Acacius hasn't held one even after being on the throne for a whole year. Which might cause wars and distrust among the empires and kingdoms and I wouldn't want to deal with it.

"Ngh?"

I felt a sharp pain on my wrist but soon relax. It turns out the one who bit me was none other than brother, no wonder he suddenly grabbed my hand. His eyes were half lidded while sucking and licking the blood that trickled out from the wound he made.

"Brother, are you even listening to me." I sighed while he just hummed in reply.

"If you're hungry, you can just ask the maid to prepare it for you." I used my other hand to pat his head.

"Yours is sweeter. I finally get a break yet you still brought up work, can't you pamper your brother when he rests?" After finishing his sentence, he switched the position of my hand and bit my fingers.

I guess he does have a point, he only gets a break when he uses his ability to stop time. The maximum is ten hours so he usually only uses two hours. Just in case if something were to happen.

But aren't I pampering him enough?! I didn't complain when he used my lap as a pillow or when he bit my hand. I can't even feel my legs right now.

"Bringing up work is my mistake but how can you say I'm not pampering you enough?" My eyes narrowed at him playfully . "I won't say anything about Le Soleil Enchanté for the next hour but I'll bring it up after your break."

"The banquet is supposed to be under the Empress's jurisdiction." He said indifferently.

"But we don't have a empress." My brows knitted.

"But who's doing the duties of the empress?"

"Me."

...this brother of mine.

"You don't need my permission to hold it in the first place."

"So it's my fault all along?" I asked bewildered. Seeing my self blaming expression, brother shot up and pulled me into a hug.

"No, it's not. You already have a lot on your plate, I didn't mention it on purpose. I asked those geezers not to mention anything to you as well."

Asked is a nice way to put it, threatened is probably more accurate. No wonder those nobles didn't mention a thing, they did hint me but I thought it was because they were afraid of mentioning this to brother so I took the initiative.

If I was responsible for holding the banquet all along....this cannot be delayed any further. I must start preparing now.

"Brother, continue to rest. I'll go write the invitations. The banquet will be held next month." I pulled away from the hug and hopped of the bed before being pulled back again.

"Don't go. If it's time you need I can stop it for you. Stay with me longer." He wrapped his hands around me and rested his chin on my head. He has no intention of letting me go to my office it seems.

"Brother....at least let me go bring the things needed to write the invitation here. I'll do the work in this room."

"...fine." He finally let go.

I rushed to my study room which wasn't that far.

"Xander? What are you doing in here?" My eyes widened at the sight, he was helping me organise the documents...

"My kitten! I thought you were suppose to be with your brother?" He rushed over and hugged me.

"I needed the stuff to write the invitations."

"Ah, I see. Don't worry about Elvafia, I already made up an excuse last year."

"Thank you. For that and for this."

"There's no need to thank me, I did this all on my accord." He chimed and kissed my forehead."Father lord fancies me so it wasn't a hard task. Though I can't say the same for the empress."

Xander was a child born from the Emperor of the elves and a pure blood vampire. His father and mother fell in love and had him but the empress of elves was jealous. So in the end, she poisoned Xander's mother with Lavender which was fatal only to vampires and claimed that she didn't know anything.

"You can leave that aside, you already have a lot on your plate." I said softly. Not that I don't appreciate him for helping me, but he already has a lot of work from his empire.

"Then I'll stop for today, I already finished anyways." I hummed in reply as we exited my office.

Back at their(Luna and Acacius) room
"Why are they here?" Brother asked a little annoyed.

"Because there is something I needed to discuss with you guys." I said while starting to write the invitations."

"Regarding the banquet?" Dominic asked.

"We'll kind of but no. It's about the ability users. There were eight, the girl who tried to assassinate me died as well as the previous emperor. So there's only six left, three of you included."

"Master, is there a problem I can't seem to catch on." Arian said confused.

"The princess who can control plants with her songs, the beast who can kill with his eyes and the dwarf who creates weapons that can end the world. Human. Werewolf. Dwarf. And all of them are royalties. Which means..."

"We will have to be careful." Brother catches on.

There's a saying, 'a mountain can't have two tigers'. Having all six ability users under the same roof, this is going to be a major headache. And not to mention, the princess who controls plants...is the main villainess of this novel.