19

"Princess, that's dangerous. Come down."

"You're too overprotective Dominic, I'm a vampire. Getting up and down a tree isn't a big deal." I shrugged.

"I'll catch her if she slips so it's fine," Arian assured him.

"Hey, I won't slip- Woah!"

Arian caught me with a smirk on his face, this dragon is getting more confident as the days pass. Well, this is just embarrassing.

"Master, you're already ten years old. If you want to jump onto a tree, at least wear pants." He nagged.

"Well, that's our princess." Dominic chuckled.

"I want to see brother. That stupid emperor, giving him more work day by day. Can't that old geezer just drop dead?" I mumbled.

Two more years...just two more and brother won't have to be discriminated like this. When that time comes, I'll be able to help him more.

"Luna, this is the imperial palace you know? Cursing the current emperor like that, you might get a death sentence."

"Xander, what brings you here?" I asked tilting my head "I thought you were with brother."

"I've forgotten something at my place so we decided to delay it to tomorrow. I'll get going first, my princess." Xander said while cupping my cheek.

"Let's go find brother." I turned to Arian who was carrying me.

Time skip~

"Brother, are you still working? You should get some rest."

"Luna...what are they doing here?"

"Acacius, aren't you happy to see your friend? You siscon." Dominic asked pissed but he was still smiling.

"Brother, your face looks flushed. Nyx, did brother drank your wine accidentally?"

"No, I believe your brother caught a cold from overworking. He won't listen to me so I'll leave the rest to you, my child." Nyx said casually as she headed to the door.

Arian and Dominic exited the room as well. I guess they are leaving everything to me.

"Brother, stop working. Get some rest." I grabbed his sleeve and tried to pull him to the bed.

Damn it, he won't budge! I won't give up.

"I'm fine."

"No, you're not. We don't need sleep but that doesn't mean we don't need rest!" He nodded but continued working.

Not moving? Fine! It's time to use that. You won't able to resist it.

"Brother, it hurts me so much when I see you sick like this. Won't you get better for my sake? Hmm?" I looked at him with puppy eyes.

Oho, he's wavering. Ah, I'm being picked up? Oh, we're heading to the bed. I touched his forehead....hot.

He fell asleep as soon as we reached the bed...he must've been very tired. Now, am I going to stay a body pillow until he wakes up? Hmm...maybe I should help with his work.

I wiggled myself out from brother's grip and replace the place I was originally held with a pillow. He is sleeping like he's dead...usually he would've woken up when I move, even if it's just a little bit.

Brother's completed more than he should...he could've left it for tomorrow or the day after. Some of this isn't due till next month. I guess I should help him finish up the rest and sort them out.

A few hours later~
"Luna...Luna?!"

"Brother? Did something happen?" I snapped my head towards him when I heard him panic...he seemed relieved after seeing me through.

"...you were there. What are you doing there?"

"I thought I would help brother with work. I've organized them according to importance and date from left to right, okay?" I headed to the bed where my brother was.

I reached out to check his temperature, it's better. What a relief. Gahh! He pulled me into a hug? Is it because of the fever? Brother isn't the type to hug me first.

"Don't...suddenly leave me like that again."

"Okay." I chimed, so that's why he panicked when he woke up.

"Brother, why did you rush all the work? Don't push yourself too hard." I asked after positioning myself comfortably beside him on the bed.

"Your birthday's near. I don't want to work that day."

"Brother...I'm really happy but don't push yourself this hard again okay?" I pecked his cheeks while he just nodded.

"I won't be able to do anything big for your birthday this year but next year, I'll make sure to give you a wonderful birthday."

Next year? Don't tell me he plans to ascend the throne next year... I thought I told him not to be rash...

"I'm happy as long as brother is beside me so don't rush to ascend the throne."

"The preparations are mostly done. I'm not rushing anything so don't worry." He kissed the top of my head.

"Then let me help."

I'm not letting you fight alone with that crazy emperor. It's funny how the fear of getting killed by Acacius is slowly fading away but it's still best if I am careful when the protagonist appears.

"You've helped more than you think. You were the one who found out the emperor's ability, you collected information from the emperor's concubine and most importantly you've been supporting me by staying beside me."

"...Brother, it won't be easy. When you take the throne, there will be many corrupted nobles that the current emperor didn't dispose of. You'll be looked down on because of your age. There might be people who want to use you, are you ready for that?"

"Yes, I've thought it through many times." Ah, this looks in his eyes. He's serious, very well.

"Then, I won't stop brother. I'll help with the work as the empress temporarily and support brother with all I can. So brother, don't keep everything to yourself."

"Luna, you're the one who's keeping everything to yourself. Did you think I wouldn't notice? I know that the affection you hold for me is real but there's something you can't tell me right?"

Did I hurt brother without noticing? His expression pains my heart. My heart is throbbing...

"But, I'll wait. I'll wait until you can reveal it to me."

To think he's so sharp... I was an actress to think he saw through my act.

"Thank you, brother. I'll tell you everything one day."

If I'm still alive that is.

(A/N: thank you for reading and supporting this story.)