34. The first life

Acacius PoV
"Have you checked the all places I mentioned?" I combed Luna's hair, careful not to wake her up.

"Yes, there're no signs of that 'woman' you mentioned." Dominic replied.

"...even though it's almost time that she appears. Make sure to check every day, kill her on the spot if she appears. Remember neither your ability nor your energy will work on her."

This is the last chance I have to protect Luna, I can't have her die the fourth time...I won't be able to rewind time again....

But a lot of things have changed too, this time Luna has her own guardian and Xander is by her side too. This time, I won't be the only one protecting her...

3 years ago~ (when he was 15)

"You're here." I glanced at Xander who just entered.

"You did a good job, he looks so miserable." Xander chuckled after seeing the state that Earl Benjamin was in.

"His people hurt Luna." I replied without hesitation.

"Earl Benjamin, was it? Aren't you being too relaxed? Don't you know what's going to happen to you?" Xander asked coldly.

"Aren't you that boy with Eun-Byeol yesterday?" The Earl scoffed looking at Xander.

"Eun-byeol?" I asked cautiously. This name...I've heard this before.

"Oh, you didn't know? That princess Luna you know has memories of her previous life. I'm her mother so you better let me go!"

I shifted my gaze towards Xander, his eyes dangerously narrowed at the Earl.

"Mother? You starved her, tortured her, killed her birth mother and sister yet you dare claim that you're her mother?" Xander plunged a knife through the earl's stomach.

It seems like what the Earl said is true. Memories of previous life?

Protect her

What's with this voice? My head hurts! My legs gave out as I helplessly supported my head with my hand.

You must protect her. Last chance.

"Acacius?!"

The last thing I heard was Xander's voice before everything turned black. When I reopened my eyes, I was standing in front of a mirror. I look older?

"Brother!"

Luna? Why can't I control my movements? It's clearly my body but why can't I control it? I can't speak either...

"Luna, you're here." My mouth moved on it's own.

"Brother, you look handsome. I bet sister-in-law is the happiest woman alive to marry you." She chimed.

Sister-in-law? I'm getting married?

"You sure love your sister-in-law." 'I' chuckled.

I mentally let out a sigh of relief, even though I can't control my current body, I can still feel the emotions. It seems like even at this time, my love for Luna didn't change.

"Of course!" She beamed.

The surrounding changed? This is an alter...Luna's standing beside me. Is the woman in front of me my bride? It's weird how 'I' don't feel any strong emotions even though 'I'm' getting married.

"Do you Kang Mi-Hi take his majesty the emperor, Acacius Paine De Alphaesial as your groom?"

"Yes, I do."