21

Dominic's PoV
"Princess aren't you bored?"

I've been assigned to keep the princess safe since Acacius's gotten busy. 'Doesn't the princess have a guardian?', you might ask.

Well, that guardian dragon and the princess got into an argument a few days ago. It isn't the first time, they'll forgive each other eventually. Well, even though they're ignoring each other, I can feel Arian following us.

"You're here with me aren't you? Why would I be bored? Or is it because you're bored being with me?" She teased.

There's only one person she doesn't tease, which is Nyx. She could even make someone as cold as her brother flustered. I feel like she treats us like children all the time...

"That's not it, princess. It's just that Acacius has been busy."

"Ah, you mean brother. It can't be helped, he just ascended the throne a week ago."

"Princess, you're not pushing yourself, right? You've been helping Acacius a lot too. You've been helping with his task after he fell asleep right?"

"You knew? Brother's very exhausted these days so I thought I'd help, he sleeps like a log every day." She chuckled.

"Princess, you've been dealing with the empress's job, you've done a lot as well so please rest when you can," I expressed my worries, she never takes care of herself.

"It's not much compared to brother. I want brother to take it easy, he's still a child after all. He only takes a one-hour nap every day after the whole day of work. That's the only time he rests." She sighed.

"And you don't even rest even though you're the youngest one."

She stayed silent, there's nothing wrong with her wanting to help her brother...but she didn't rest for the past week. All she does is work from day to night...without breaking this cycle.

"I know you're worried about me, but I'm fine. Let's go quickly, time doesn't wait for anyone." She answered smiling at me.

Shit, that made my heart skip a beat...I know I shouldn't fall in love with her but...I just can't...control it. Especially when...she's the one who lit up my world.

"Princess Luna, what a pleasure to meet you here." Both of us turned to see a middle-aged man standing in our way.

A noble? He's looking down on her. How dare he...

"It's nice to meet you too, mister baldy!" The princess changed into a childish tone and started acting like a child. "Your head is so shiny! It reminds me of an egg."

I've always thought she was too mature for her age. But I guess it was childish of her to call this noble Mister Baldy.

"Where are you heading to, your highness?" That's none of his business.

"Luna's going to play! Perhaps Mister Baldy wants to join us?" Her eyes shined, she's as cunning as her brother...this pair of siblings.

"I still have work to do so I'll excuse myself. Until next time." He bowed and walked away.

"Dominic, hide your hostility next time. We're going to encounter more selfish bastards like him in the future." Her tone changed back to normal.

"He's clearly mocking you...I can't just let him look down on you."

"That's exactly what I want, I want them to let their guard down so they'll reveal all their schemes to me." Her eyes turned dark as she smirked.

"Don't tell me...you're using yourself as bait. That's way too dangerous." I complained.

"Sometimes, calculated risk is needed in return for something big. Think of it as an investment. Now let's head-on."

As expected of the one that I admire....and the one who saved me. But...she's a little reckless.

"Abnormal....an abnormal...Go Away!! Your brother might get infected!"

"...M-mom?"

"Young master, where did you go? Gasp...My lady, it's my fault." The maid pulled me away immediately...

"How many times do I have to tell you, stay away from the lady and your brother!" She slapped me.

"What a pain, stop turning invisible !"

"I...I'm sorry."

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry...

I had to endure that for years...starvation, discrimination...

I've never hoped for anyone's pity, I'll endure everything on my own and when I can't endure any longer, I'll just say goodbye to this world. That's what I've always thought...until she came into my life.

"Princess aren't you afraid of me? I can turn invisible...Don't you think I'm cursed?"

"Afraid? Will you kill me?" She smiled.

"Of course not-"

"Then why should I be afraid? Rather than that, you should consider your ability as a blessing instead of a curse. There are not many people born with abilities." She patted my head.

"..."

"Haa, people are afraid of what is not known to them, they're afraid of you because they don't know what kind of person you are.

But I think it's not a disadvantage for people to be scared of you, instead of prey you can be a predator. And I think having a few people who truly understand you is enough, don't you think?"

To think that's what she told me during the first time we were alone together, well I understand that I'm just a kitten compared to the lion-like Acacius. She tamed a lion, how would a kitten threaten her? That's probably the main reason she wasn't afraid of me in the least.

"Luna, Dominic."

Speak of the devil...

"Brother! Aren't you busy?" She asked as she snuggled into his hug. This pair of siblings...

"Yea, I'm heading back to work after seeing you." He chuckled lightly, patting her head. "Let's go together since we're heading in the same direction, the four of us. Nyx is already there."

"Four of us?" She asked confused, the princess is quite well trained in sensing things but Arian's hiding skill is just on another level.

"You should come out now, it's about time you make up with her," I said turning to where Arian was. He came out of hiding after realizing it was already pointless.

"Master...I'm sorry...I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. Especially when I know you're sensitive to loud noises when you're tired."

"It's fine, it was for my good anyways. I wasn't in good mood back then as well, it was partly my fault."

"Now that you've made up, shall we get going then?" Acacius asked picking Luna up like usual while Arian and I followed close behind.

I hope these peaceful moments won't end....but it's going to get messy in a few days.