16

"Starting from 10 million, please start bidding."

"20 million"

"50 million, going once, going-"

"From that mister over there 1 billion! Going once, going twice, going thrice and sold!"

How did brother even get that much money?

"I have my ways. Now let's go." He chuckled. 

"Brother stay still. Don't move, act natural." 

We've been surrounded. Tch, it's too late. 

"Nyx, fly brother away first. He's their main target. Arian, you go with them." I whispered 

"I won't leave you here. I can use my ability and pheromones." Brother's grip tightened on me.

I took a glance, quickly looking through the crowd to find the girl with the pig mask. She's standing far away...maybe it has something to do with her ability. 

"Don't be stubborn. Your pheromones won't be able to reach her in time and she's an ability user too, you can't face her yet. You're not strong enough." I changed my tone. 

"Sorry, Luna was just panicking. Luna will make sure she won't die so just go. Luna will just delay them a little. " I softened when I saw brother hanging his head down like a dejected puppy, I guess I was too harsh.

He shook his head. Then there's no helping it, think of a plan. Think my brain. You used to ace in chess, come on. My brain's getting rusty.

[Should I turn into a dragon, master?]

"No, it'll attract too much attention. Brother, use your ability. She'll pretend to blend in, we'll use that time to escape. Her men won't be able to do anything anyways." I smiled and turned to the stage. It's a good thing our seat is close to the stage but the bad thing is that it is far from the exit.

"Come here, you're coming with us." I mouthed to Dominic

"You can speak our language?"

"I did a little reading. Turn invisible and head upstairs first. Get on the dragon that is going to appear later. Please hurry."

"We'll rush to the exit when brother has activated his ability. And Nyx, you'll turn into a dragon when we reach outside. Now!"

We're almost there-

"Brother get down!" 

As I thought her ability is magic arrows. It hurts, Brother sensed it but it isn't something he can block with his hands. Seriously, good thing I made it in time. I was worried that I won't be able to shield him since my figure is smaller than him but I guess it was all for naught.

"cough* Brother don't look so sad...Luna'll leave the rest to you." I smiled before it all faded to black.

.

.

.

What's with this headache? Ngh! What's with this pain in my abdomen? Is it the side effects of the arrows? It hurts...I'm in our room?

"Luna... I thought I lost you." I was stunned by brother's embrace but I soon hugged back. I want to tell him that it hurt but seeing how desperate he was, I decided to keep quiet.

"Luna doesn't plan to die, after all, Luna wants to be with brother forever! Hehe." I chimed. 

"Idiot, if so value your life before mine. It's thanks to Dominic that you're able to wake up again." His hold tightened.

"Luna would've turned to dust if Luna lost her life but Luna's fine and healthy so don't worry. How long was Luna out for?" I asked patting his soft hair.

I think it should be about a week. But I feel so weak.

"3 months"

That long? That wasn't within my calculation, she's stronger than I thought...more importantly,

"Luna's missed brother's birthday."

"That's not important. Today is-"

"Master! You're awake!" Arian interrupted brother before he finished his sentence.

"Arian, you're still here....but Luna's not your master any more. It must've hurt, sorry." I gave him a weak smile.

Just before I lost consciousness, I broke the bond between Arian and me. I wasn't sure how strong her ability was...I didn't want to drag Arian to the afterlife with me. But knowing Arian, he'd probably blame himself...

"It didn't hurt as much as the thought of losing master...plus I know master did it for me. I wasn't able to protect you...but will you form a bond with me again and let me repay my sins, my only master?" Arian knelt in front of me.

This is kind of embarrassing cause it kind of feels like a proposal, and it feels even weirder because of brother's gaze. Ah, his gaze is piercing through me...

"Arian, I look forward to the days with you by my side," I said placing my palm on his head to reform the contract.

"But you'll be spending most of your time with me," Brother said picking me up which earned a yelp from me that alarmed him.

"Brother, Luna's tummy hurt so can you put Luna down? It's probably the side effects of the arrows." Brother set me back down on the bed as he sat beside me.

"Dominic, it's nice to finally officially meet you." I smiled at the figure at the door. I guess he didn't know when to come in.

"My pleasure. It was thanks to you and your brother that I was able to escape that place." 

What a bright smile, this is how children should look like. Brother always has a poker face, Xander's is just cunning and Arian's already an adult so I shouldn't compare him to children.

"Luna didn't do much. Luna heard you were the one who healed me, Luna should be thanking you instead."

I didn't want to address myself in the third person but since my brother's here, I have no choice. Dominic's ability isn't healing but he does have vast medical knowledge thanks to his family's lineage.

 His ability is invisibility which is why he became the commander of the Shadow Panthers when Acacius's the emperor. An assassin-type group that protects the emperor. In the novel, he's quite flirty but I guess it can't be helped since he's an incubus.

For now, it's a good thing his instincts haven't kicked in. But eventually, he'll have to feed off of 'that energy'. So I guess they'll be quite a lot of women coming to the palace in the future.

Now that I think of it, I died a virgin heck I didn't even kiss before...I did have past lovers, but it all ended quickly because I was an actress. Eventually, I was just dating people who I didn't have any interest in, I don't even remember their names.

Most of them were for reputation since the company wanted me to grab more attention so I regard it as work. I've never really liked someone in that way before...I wonder how it feels like.

"I'm glad that you've woken up, but what's with this? It seems like my rivals have increased, aren't you going to cut your fiancé some slack? "

Hmm, he's here...I knew he was going to show up sooner or later...I guess he should already have what I've requested...