10

I've been living in the same palace as Acacius since the incident a week ago. The emperor miraculously agreed to his request. So now, I have to be cautious of my actions 24/7.

Acacius can be kind and caring(in his own way) sometimes but his mood swings make me feel like my heart might jump out any moment. He really needs to do something about it.

He would suddenly bang his glass of blood onto the table and leave the dining room in a bad mood for no reason scaring the hell out of everyone. And who has to calm him down? Me!

My life is constantly in danger since he lashes out objects even when I'm near. It has only been a week and I've already been injured. Well, it's no big deal though, and he looked so guilty after so I can't stay mad at him.

"..." 

This awkward silence, seriously if you're going to work don't call me here. But he does do his work diligently as a prince, unexpectedly he dresses up nice and formal all day. He is a looker even though he looks so young.

Now that I think about it, the only time he's not together with me is when he has classes or we need to take baths. I really have it easy, he works even though he's just a child while I just laze around reading books all day.

"Luna, is there something on my face?" He asked eyes not leaving the document that he's handling.

Ack, I was staring too much. 

"Luna was just thinking that brother's very handsome." I beamed while he hummed in reply.

"Brother, can Luna go out for walks?" I haven't gone out since I've moved here.

"Is this palace not big enough for you to walk in?" He finally looked at me.

Well, his palace is bigger than mine, and mine was already large. But I want to go to the forest. I'm getting bored just staying indoors all day, it's like I'm quarantined.

"It's different, brother. Luna wants fresh air."

"There are so many balconies here, you can get fresh air there." He replied instantly.

Unbelievable. Well, I can just sneak out when he has class but it's not like I'm doing something wrong. I have the freedom to move around-

"Don't even think about sneaking out. Honestly, I want to cut off your legs so you can't leave me but since we're vampires, it'll regenerate so for now I'll lock you up if you do." 

"B-brother, you and jokes." I forced a laugh.

"Do I look like someone who'll joke?" He raised his brow.

He's serious?! This psycho...I out of all people should know the best though. What am I getting surprised for? He says that but he freaked out when I got a paper cut that healed within a minute.

"Do you hate me now?"

'Why do you hate me so much, father?' A single tear streamed down her face.

'...because ▃▅▁▃▄▇▅▃'

"Luna will never hate brother. Sometimes brother is indeed scary but Luna will always love brother. Even if one day brother hates Luna."

Because I know you're not evil or bad, deep down you're just lonely. Loneliness is something that hurts someone to the point they might do stupid things. I know that feeling all too well.

The feeling of shouldering everything on your own. The feeling of having no one by your side. The feeling when you realize that the only person you can count on is yourself. And slowly anxiety and depression start to hit you......