12

Trigger warning for this chapter. (Suicide)

Arian's PoV

Finally, I can be in my human form, it's easier to move in this form. Even if I can't physically be in this form until my injury heal, it's a good thing I can turn into this form in my master's mental space.

So this is master's memories...she has two doors? So this is what I sensed back then, I knew she was special. The blue door holds the memories of this life...then what does the black door hold to have such an ominous aura. 

I reluctantly opened the door, what is this unsettling feeling? I remember my friends told me we will see our master's memories in chronological order...so that must be my master. She has the memories of her previous life as I expected.

She's a beauty in her last life as well, even though she's just a child it's clear that she'll be a beauty when she grows up. The person she's clinging tightly to must be her sister, and that adult must be her mother.

"Mummy, where are you going?" She asked her mother who had a piece of luggage beside her.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." The woman kept on apologizing. She knelt to match their height.

Master's sister seemed to know what was going to happen, but master just kept on asking where her mother was going. It pains me to see her so afraid and confused.

"Eun-Seol make sure you take care of Eun-Byeol okay? I swear I'll come back for you guys one day." She kissed both of their foreheads as she left for the door.

[Where is mummy going? I don't like this. I'm scared]

I can hear master's thought. Poor child. Little did I know, the worst thing have yet happened.

"Unnie(sister), where did mummy go? When is she going to come back?" Master whimpered.

"Eun-Byeol, everything's alright. You don't have to cry. Mom's going to come back one day, we just don't know when." Her sister wiped her tears away and hugged her tightly.

Ah, the time skipped to the next day...I assume this is their living room? That must be their father, beside him is a woman and a little girl.

"Meet Sim-Cheom and Eun-na. They're your new mother and sister. " Their father said without any emotions. Is this even how a father should act? It's making my blood boil.

"Y-yes father." Master is trembling, I can see her holding back her tears...is she afraid of her father?

[New mother? What happened to mummy? I want to ask but I'm scared.]

I followed my master and her sister to what I presumed is their room. Her sister locked the door while carrying master. They seem to have quite an age gap.

"Eun-Byeol, listen closely to what unnie is going to say okay? That person will never be our mom and the girl is not our sister. From now on, we only have each other."

"...I understand."

"That old geezer, to think he'd have an affair and have a child." Her sister clicked her tongue while comforting master. "To think you have to experience this at such a young age."

Master looks older now, I guess she's around ten years old. 

"Eun-Byeol, how can you not understand such a simple book?! No dinner for you tonight!" Her father yelled at her.

[But Eun-Na is reading a picture book even though she's older than me. Why are they so biased?]

"But fathe-" 

How dare he slap master?! Master's hand is bleeding, she's been clenching it too hard.

"Eun-byeol, you should listen to your father." That vile woman said smirking.

"Yes, mother. I will listen to father." Master's voice became emotionless as she headed to her bedroom.

[Unnie told me to hold it in but I guess it's harder than I thought. Why did you leave me?]

Tears started streaming down her face. Her sister left her? Since it was a seven-year time skip, I missed it. The time is turning back...so the scene is going to unfold. It happened just a year before she turned ten?

"Young miss, you should position your arm like this." Her dance teacher repositioned her arm. "Yes, wonderful. Your so talented in this."

"Thank you, if it weren't for your guidance I wouldn't have been able to do so. I'll make sure to tell father about this. Till we meet again." She smiled politely.

[All of them give meaningless praises just to get a bonus. Seriously...they should hide it better even if I'm a child, I'm getting sick of it.]

...Master is quite sharp for her age. Is it because of the environment she grew up in? She got into the car prepared for her and headed for home. She directly headed to the room she shares with her sister.

"Unnie, I'm home-urk!" Master backed away from the door and fell onto her knees...what happened?

...her sister hung herself?! This scene is horrifying.

"No, no, no, no...why?! Unnie....no this can't be happening. Please...no. This has to be a dream...no. My unnie wouldn't do this...she wouldn't. She..." Tears poured out her eyes like a waterfall. She got up wanting to approach but her legs gave out.

...master. Seeing her trembling on the ground made me want to comfort her, but I can't. I've never felt so powerless in my life.

"Young miss? Why are you-Gaaah! Inform the master immediately!" A man yelled to the other servants.

Time skipped to a few days later to her sister's funeral. No one was weeping except for master. That wench had a smile on her face, it's obvious even though she hid it with a fan. Her father still held that emotionless expression as if the one lying in the coffin isn't his daughter.

Everyone left but master remained, her tears haven't stopped. She curled herself in the corner of the room hugging herself, rocking herself back and forth. Until a man came in.

"Young miss, you haven't eaten and slept for days. Why don't you get some rest?"

"...go away. I don't need your pity." She murmured.

 "None of you cared when we needed it the most, you guys turned a blind eye to everything father did. I don't blame you so stop with the fake concern." Her voice was hoarse from all the crying.

"...young miss."

"I said go away! I want to be alone, please." She finally lifted her head. 

"...here. The master commanded me to burn it but I felt that it was wrong." He handed her a letter and left.

"...unnie" her eyes widened as she tore open the letter. I peeked at what was written from behind.

Eun-Byeol, 

Sorry. I'm so sorry. I just can't endure it anymore. I gave up on hoping our mother will return for us. I'm so sorry for leaving you all alone...but it just hurts too much. At some point, I was consumed by my negativity. The pent-up frustration was just too much. 

But you must live on, if it's you you can do it. I know you'll hate me for being so selfish but remember that I'll always love you. What happened was by all means not your fault, so don't blame yourself. Even though you can't see me, your unnie will always protect you in another world.

Love, Your Unnie.

Master's grip tightened on that piece of paper, crumpling it in one hand. With her free hand, she pulled her disheveled hair back but her tears had yet to stop. 

"Unnie...why didn't you tell me anything? This is just too selfish! Leaving me all alone. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you....haha, who am I kidding, I could never hate you..."