24

"Why did his majesty called out a meeting?"

"I heard that the princess is going to participate in this meeting too."

"Ah, that the abandoned princess? I heard she's useless, that's why she was abandoned by the late emperor. Must be ugly."

"Maybe she's going to be executed here? We're talking about that cold hearted emperor. Even though he's just a child, all of us are frightened by him."

"Now, now. Don't you think the tea is superb?"

"I'll have to agree with that."

I can hear you guys, you know? Brother looks like he wants to kill someone...

"How dare they-"

"Brother, don't mind don't mind. Go get dress more formally, everything will be fine. I'll be heading in first." I gave his hand a light squeeze.

"...haa, alright."

I guess it shouldn't be too hard to make them have a better impression of me.

"Good evening everyone." I smiled brightly as I walked into the room.

"Little miss, this isn't a place for such a cute little girl to be in." One of the nobles said.

Other than the Earl the other nobles in here never met me before. But I can't believe they can't tell from my hair colour and eye colour, compared to brother it's a lighter hue of blue but still....

"I'm sure I went into the right room though?" I pretended to be confused. "Isn't this the meeting that brother called out?"

"Brother? Ah! Your the princess-"

"It was rude of me to not introduce myself, I'm Luna Vanessa De Alphaesial. It's a pleasure to meet you all." I giggled.

"Your highness! It was rude of us not to greet you first. May glory bless the blood of the star." They all rised up and bowed.

"You may be seated. May I ask how's the tea?" I tilted my head.

"It's superb. All of us were wondering what kind of tea it was?"

"I'm glad. I brewed it myself, hehe. It's just a simple rose tea, but I used the roses in the palace. I hope all of us can get along in the future." I smiled politely.

"Angel...who was the one who said that she was ugly?"

"Aren't you the one? The princess is an Angel!"

"The late emperor must have some kind of brain illness."

Ah, they started chattering among themselves. I'm holding in my laughter, what did brother do to them to make them see me as an angel? Well either way, the stage is set.

"Brother! You're here." I rushed over and hugged him. He came in at the right time.

"May glory bless the blood of the sun." The nobles all stood up hastily. Some were probably shocked by my actions.

Ah, my eyes met with the Earl...I gave him a small wave. See you in hell.

"I called this meeting today because someone among you wants to see me dead." Brother said uninterested while he picked me up and sat me on his lap as he sat down.

The room became silent.

"Of course I already know who it is and I have evidence as well." Brother took out the recording stone.

"Your majesty, may I ask what's that?"

Brother glanced at me, so he's lazy to explain everything...I guess I'll be the one doing the talking. Well I was the one who thought of creating it, but Arian was the one who made it. Ancient magic sure is handy.

"This is a recording stone, there are multiple types of it. But this one records things that can be heard , sound."

"We've never heard of it, your highness."

"It is something that I invented, so it hasn't been introduced widely."

I'm sure there's already cameras or voice recorders in that kingdom for humans. Since they don't have powers, they have to rely on technology. But for the vampire race that does everything with blood magic, they don't really care about it.

"The princess is a genius, glory bless the blood of the star!"

"Thank you, but the main event for today isn't this device. Then I'll be playing the recorded conversation."

"You'll hurt the current emperor? Luna doesn't want to kill anyone."

"Sometimes, sacrifice is needed for success. I will kill the emperor."

"Earl Benjamin, you invited my sister for tea and threatened her to help with your plan to kill me. Don't you think you're too arrogant?"

"T-that wasn't the whole conversation. The princess was the one who-" Earl Benjamin defended.

"What a petty man, not only you threatened an innocent child, you plan to blame your crimes on her?" A noble spoke up.

"The princess is just a child and yet you blame her?" Another agreed.

"Lock him up." Brother said emotionlessly as guards surround the Earl.

"I bet he'll struggle, see. Brother we lost two knights..." I said as the Earl cut off the neck of the knights. Now he's aiming at me....

Ah, everything stopped moving...brother used his ability.

"Brother, don't kill him yet. I want to get some information out of him, can you lock him in that cell first?"

"Are you sure you want to do it personally? It isn't worth your time..."

"I'm sure it'll be worthwhile. I'll ask Xander to accompany me, he's good at that kind of stuff."

"...If that's what you want. Nyx, teleport him there."

"Yes, master. Ah, Luna dear your ribbon let me help you with that."

"Thank you, Nyx." I thanked as she hummed in response.

Everything started moving again after Nyx left with the Earl.

"Where did the Earl went?" The nobles started chattering amongst themselves.

"Don't worry, we've taken care of him." I clapped my hands to get their attention.

"Princess, did he hurt you?"

"I'm fine thank you. Hehe. Well this concludes today's meeting, until next time."

"May glory bless the blood of the sun and star."

Back in Acacius's office

"Good work." Brother pecked my forehead before going back into his paperwork.

"You too."

"When are you going to deal with the Earl?"

"I'll deal with him tonight, I've asked Arian to inform Xander. He'll fetch me tonight."

"Don't overdo yourself okay?"

"Don't worry, I won't."

Well, it looks like I'll be quite busy these days....the show is only starting.