extra : 1

"As we've discussed, you're coming with us this afternoon," Xander said leisurely and took off his glasses. His sun gold eyes were half-lidded as he cast his son a lazy glance. His looks still remained in his early twenties, which was very attractive.

"I got it," Isaiah replied as he brushed back his sky blue hair. 

"Don't be too nervous, I won't let you die. No one can make your dad tremble in fear." Xander chuckled. Both Isaiah and Acacius looked at him with a raised brow making Xander continued, "Except for your mom."

"It's better not to let Luna find out." Acacius reminded lazily as he leaned back against the sofa with his legs crossed. His brows furrowed a little as he imagined his sister's reaction if she found out.

In the room, three of them looked like brothers instead. All of them were equally attractive, giving off different temperaments. One leisure, one youthful, and one cold. 

"Yeah, if she finds out that I'm letting our sixteen-year-old go to war, she'll kill me. She definitely cannot find out"

"Find out what?" A sweet voice that was pleasant to the ears interrupted Xander. The three males simultaneously froze. 

Luna leaned against the door frame, as a vampire, she won't age for another 200 years at least.  Her sky blue hair and eyes still looked as stunning as always, like a goddess that appeared out of painting but the air she gave off was much more mature compared to before.

"Mom." Isaiah was the first one to snap out of the trance, he casually walked over as nothing happened. Luna looked up and smiled endearingly at him as she ruffled his hair.

"Darling~ why are you here?" Xander instantly stood up and walked towards his wife. He pecked her lips and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. "Are you here to surprise me?" 

Luna didn't deny his question and instead replied with, "You've been working a lot these days. Just to check if you're dead or not." 

Seeing Xander stunned, she let out a chuckle and kissed his cheeks before wiggling out from his embrace. Luna made her way to Acacius and sat down beside him. She leaned against him, as he fidgeted with her hair.

"Brother, what are you guys hiding from me?" She asked in a relaxed tone as Acacius's hands stilled. Luna glanced at her son. "Or rather, what are you guys going to make Isaiah do?"

"...nothing. You're thinking too much." Acacius replied indifferently as he kissed the top of her head. Luna hummed, she wasn't buying it. 

"Brother, whose side are you on?" Luna asked casually but one could notice the unhappiness in her voice. The three of them saw her eyes flash gold briefly... a chill ran up their spine.

"You," Acacius replied without hesitation. 

"Then? Sending Isaiah to war, you think I would agree?" Luna scoffed with a sarcastic smile.

She heard it all...

"Baby, you see I'll protect-" Luna cast a glance at Xander "On second thought, it's too early for him. Let's wait for next time..."

"Mom, I want to go." Isaiah looked at his mother with determined eyes as Luna's eyes grew colder.

"Isaiah," Acacius called out in a warning tone, the look in his sister's eyes wasn't good. He wanted to save his nephew a little. "Luna, you can't protect him forever. He's going to be the emperor someday and-"

"I know. I never said I won't let him go. Don't hide it from me next time. He's old enough anyway, it's not like he's not familiar with corpses." Luna said tonelessly "However, I'm going."

At that moment, all of their faces paled. Isaiah would never bear to let his beloved mother go to a war zone. As for Xander and Acacius who almost lost her once...they felt their heart tremble.

"Luna, it's dangerous. Let's just not take Isaiah and you rest at home, okay? Be good, hm?" Acacius instantly coaxed as he brushed out her hair gently.

"Sweetie, my dear treasure...you know there's no way we're letting you do such a thing. If you're worried about Isaiah, we won't take him with us." Xander kneeled in front of her and took her hand in his, gently brushing his thumb on the back of her hand with pleading eyes.

 "I'll look after Isaiah. You two can focus on those three stupid kingdoms, they dare make an alliance with us and plot to destroy us together. Make sure you make those greedy bastards pay to the fullest." Luna clicked her tongue and continued in a relaxed manner "It's a good experience for Isaiah, he needs to learn after all." 

"Mom, I don't want to go anymore," Isaiah spoke softly like he was coaxing a child. Luna raised her brow, he came out of her belly, of course, she knew what he was thinking.

"Even if you don't go, I'll still go." She said nonchalantly making the brows of the three furrowed even more. "I can protect myself. Even without dark arts, my blood magic is one of the strongest in this world. I'm not worried about Isaiah too much, he's not an ability user for nothing."

Maybe it's their luck, but Isaiah was chosen as an ability user and a very strong one at that. He can control the weather at will. A blizzard? Thunder? Everything can be done with a snap of his fingers.

"I'll take Arian with me, don't worry. Isaiah, just make sure you take care of yourself but don't separate from me." Luna's expression brightened as the other's darkened, it's been a long time since she had the chance to feel some thrill.

Knowing there was no room for any more discussion, Acacius immediately contacted Dominic, informing him that Luna was going as well. The plan was one person one kingdom, Dominic will kill kingdom A's king, Acacius will be in charge of kingdom B while Xander will take care of kingdom C. 

There was no need for excessive drama with the troops. They were all strong enough to take down a small kingdom by themselves anyways. 

"Since Arian is going, Nyx needs to come over and take care of Izabel. Brother, is she free?" 

"I already called her over. She'll be over in a sec." Acacius replied.

"Princess...you're really coming with us?" Dominic asked as he arrived through the portal. Luna greeted him and nodded.

"Master, you want to go to war?! What for?" Arian exclaimed as he opened the door. "Why don't you reconsider?"

"No way. I want to have some fun too." The corner of Luna's lips lifted. "I guess Nyx has arrived since you're here. Dominic just arrived as well. Let's go." 

"Isaiah, protect your mother well. We'll end it as soon as possible." Xander sighed as he whispered to his child.

"I will." 

As he arrived outside, Isaiah saw his mom already sitting on top of a silver dragon which was Arian. She was waiting for him. Isaiah obediently headed over and sat behind Luna. She tilted her head slightly and chuckled,

"Just have fun. No need to be so tense." 

Arian who heard what Luna said: What kind of mother are you to tell your child to have fun at war?!