37

"Brother, I'm back. There was no abnormalities..." I entered the tent for the royal family. "Brother?"

He's not in the tent?

"Luna." A voice from behind me made me jumped.

"Brother! Where were you? I told you to rest-" I halted when I saw his expression, my eyes widened.

Why is his face so dark? He looks like he's going to kill someone.

"What's wrong?-"

"Is it true?" He asked in a stern voice.

"True?"

"You know what I mean."

I felt like a thousand of ants crawling up my body. Shivers ran down my spine. Did he find out? Which one did he find out...I have past memories or the fact that I'm using dark arts...

"What is it?" I coaxed. "I cannot read your mind, you have to tell me."

"The magic you're using takes away your life span." His said, eyes piercing at me.

"What-"

"Stop trying to cover up! I overheard." He yelled making me flinch.

Not only Arian's furious, brother too? Damn it, because I used dark arts I can't control my emotions properly right now.

"Brother, not now." I turned away from him but he gripped my wrist tightly, forcing me to face him.

"Don't avoid me." His eyes were golden.

"...it's my life. I can choose what I do with it." I clenched my hands, looking away.

"Luna, stop this nonsense!" He scolded in a frustrated tone.

"...nonsense? Is protecting the ones I love nonsense? I-Is protecting you nonsense?! Is protecting Xander nonsense?! Is protecting Arian nonsense?! Is protecting Dominic nonsense?! And Nyx too!" I yelled back, sobbing.

I tried holding the tears threatening to fall out, but it was no use. He stayed silent, his eyes held shock.

"You expect me to do nothing and watch you guys die?!" My voice became hoarse from the crying. "I can't do that..." My voice cracked...

Stop it, Luna. Don't lash out on your brother.

"I...there has to be another way." He sighed.

"If there is another way, I won't be doing this. I won't be learning dark arts, we won't be having this stupid argument that will change nothing and I won't be crying in front of you because I can't control my emotions like an idiot. I saw something I never want to happen...and I definitely won't let it happen." I glared at particularly no one.

Shut up, my stupid mouth. He's just worried.

"Luna...you can't sacrifice-"

"Sacrifice myself? Do you guys want me to die so badly? You, Arian, Ava...why do you guys just assume that I'm going to die? Dark arts take away lifespan but I won't die. I might die from other reasons but dark arts won't be it." I chuckled icily without realising what I said...

"...Luna, you know-"

"....I'm sorry...just leave me alone first. We'll talk when I cool down." I took a deep breath, walking away and headed towards the forest.

"Master, where are you going?" Arian who was waiting outside the tent approached me.

"There was no way you didn't sensed brother. You did it on purpose didn't you?" I stopped my tracks and glared at him.

"Master..."

"Forget it, I'm not in the right mind right now. I'm just lashing out on everyone I see. Inform brother to start the hunt without me, the sun is about to set. Tell the noble, the princess wanted a head start." I sighed and continued heading to the forest.

Ah...what time is it now? The moon is bright tonight...it's the first time I quarrelled with brother. Should I head back now? I feel like I've cooled down. They might be worried. I glanced back at the trail I made with monsters corpse.

"Who is it?!" I put my guard on hearing the leaves rustling. Is it just wind?

"Seems like I got caught." A voice teased...

"Dominic, what are you? A chameleon?" I didn't even bother to spare him a glance.

"Princess, chameleons camouflage. I turn invisible...it's not the same thing." I don't need to look at him to know that he's grinning ear to ear.

"Did brother ask you to follow me?" I threw a punch at his direction as he dodged.

"The princess sure is fierce...oh." He came to a realisation after seeing a monster pass out behind him. "Answering your question, I followed you willingly. But your brother knows."

"Spar with me." I gave him a kick but he blocked it.

"At least wait for a second, I know you're in a bad mood princess but-"

"Shut up and concentrate!" I landed blows after blows but it was either dodged or blocked.

"I have such a aggressive disciple...won't you pay your teacher some respect?"

No one knows about this except for us, I requested Dominic to teach me martial arts and that's when he became my teacher.

"Let's see how long can you remain that cocky." I sneered but he ignored it and continued with another topic.

"I saw your fight with that kid in the evening, that was dirty. How can you kick him between his legs? When did I teach you to be so brutal?"

"He needed to learn his place." I replied panting.

"How childish of you, and people say that you're mature." He clicked his tongue in a teasing manner.

"I'm a child too. I can be childish too." I huffed.

"Yes, yes whatever you say is right. So that red wave of magic was dark arts...was that what you were discussing with Princess Ava at your birthday party?"

"Yes" I replied without hesitation...wait. I stopped my attacks. He tricked me in giving  him an answer. "That was playing dirty."

"We never agreed on any rules, it's not playing dirty. It's your own words." Dominic smirked. I remained silent because of two reasons, what he said was right and I'm just too tired to care.

"So that was what you were doing that day. Learning dark arts."

A realisation struck me...

"You..were you the one who opened the door for Ava? I made sure the door was lock...it could only be opened from the inside...were you following me?"

"I didn't want her to see it, I was just going out but she just happened to be there." He averted his eyes guiltily.

"Why didn't you tell brother?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Because, there was no way you would do something without a goal in mind. And I didn't know that you were practicing dark arts...I thought you were creating something so I thought I'll leave you be."

"Now that you know, are you going to tell him?" I chuckled.

"Sorry but yes."

"Well no need, he already knows. That's why we had an argument."

"So that's why you were so moody. And here I thought it was that time of the month. You were angry at yourself. There were some minor disagreements but you guys never really argued before now that I think of it..."

"...that's-"

A deep growl was heard deeper into the forest...the competition is still being held....the smell of blood...there might be casualties...without delaying I started running towards that direction...

"Dominic, let's go check it out."