9

"B-brother?" 

I've messed up. I killed someone, my innocent act in front of Acacius...all those years of hard work have all crumbled to dust now. He'll probably distant himself from me...it'll all go back to square one.

"You...what have you done to her?!" Acacius shouted in rage.

Eh? He was there a moment ago and now he is grabbing Xander by the collar? Did he think it was Xander's fault?

"Brother, wait! It's not his fault! You misunderstood! Let him go!" I clung to Acacius's arm.

Where did I get all the nerves from? To think there would be a day I defy him. He's letting Xander down, did it work?

"You..." he turned to me as he glance at his arm...ack my hands are bloody.

"Sorry...I've dirtied your clothes." I quickly let go.

" Were you crying? Your eyes are red." He kneeled to match my height as he gently caressed my cheeks.

He isn't disgusted by me? I'm all bloodied and dirty. Wait...

"Brother! Your clothes! The floor is dirty."

"...Seriously, that's what you're worried about?" He chuckled "Sorry, I was late. It must've been so terrifying." He hugged me but...I didn't hug back.

"Luna...killed someone. Brother, aren't you afraid of me? Aren't you disgusted by me?"

"No, I've taken more lives than you. You didn't do anything wrong, he tried to kill you first didn't he? I'm sorry for letting you dirty your hands." His tone was very gentle.

"...brother"

"Have you guys forgotten about me?" Xander's still here?

"You should go wash up," Acacius said ignoring Xander 

"Okay." I beamed, as I head to the bathroom.

I walk through the hallway full of bloody corpses. How did a person do so much in such a short time?

*thud*

"Waah!" That shocked me...that corpse just fell from the ceiling.

I thought I reincarnated into a fantasy romance novel, not a freaking horror movie. Ugh, it's making me dizzy. Will the bathroom be this dirty too?

I peeked into the bathroom. The bathroom is clean, it doesn't have any dead bodies hanging around. Thank goodness. It's a good thing that this palace has a water heating system. 

I took off the bloody gown, as I dip myself into the bathtub filled with lukewarm water. The water turned red...what a waste. Tonight was hectic, I'm mentally exhausted.

It looks like I owe Xander for calming me down. I shouldn't focus too much on the past. This isn't the same world as my last one, it isn't a place where the law is everything. The strong survive while the weak get trampled on, I shouldn't forget this.

I don't feel like soaking in the bloody water...I should get out now. Now, what should I do about my clothes? I've forgotten to take a set to change into...I don't like the idea of running around naked even if I'm a five-year-old.

The curtains will have to make do for now, it's cloth before it was made into a curtain anyways. I tore down the curtain and flattened it out on the floor. If I remember correctly, I can sharpen my nails...got it!

Now, cut it out into a rectangular shape and leave a strap at both ends. I can tie it so it doesn't fall. Then create some holes at the sides and use small strips of clothing to tie them together, done! A new simple dress.

I walked out to the balcony to get some fresh air. That's the forest...I should go sometimes. It should be fun. Maybe when the sun is out, it's less dangerous and I won't bump into other vampires.

I jumped up onto the roof to get a better look. I should go meet up with-

"-I wanted you to protect Luna when I'm not with her but I can't blame you for this. This palace has the worst security...I should've expected that the assassins will come after her sooner or later.

I want to take the throne now so she'll have a better environment, but I'm still lacking in a few areas. Maybe in another 6 years, I should be able to do it then."

Brother...but he'll only be fifteen then. It isn't an easy task to rule an empire.... I'll help him with the work if I can but he shouldn't do this because of me. He's just a child, I'm the adult. I can't burden a child.

"I'll help you-"

"Luna doesn't want brother to do that." I interrupted.

They look at the door and look back at me. Oh...

"Luna came from the roof. Back to the topic, I don't want my brother to push himself for Luna...Luna isn't suffering in any way and if any more assassins come, Luna can deal with them somehow."

"Luna...so you heard. I plan on taking the throne anyways, so-"

"But you originally plan to do that in 7 years. A year is a long time, preparation in that one year may change everything. And I'm sure both of you realized that the current emperor is an ability user as well."

They look shocked. Well, Acacius looking surprised is one thing but why is Xander surprised? He should know I'm not normal since he always reads my mind.

"Yea...I can't read his mind. And when Prince Acacius stopped time back then, I did see his iris shift a little."

"I do need more time to figure out his ability but back then I did cast a sound barrier so he didn't hear what we were saying."

The former emperor didn't have many scenes in the novel, but I'm sure...

"He can control the gravity of everything within his sight."

"How do you know of this?"

"Brother, Luna may be childish but she is not dumb." I sulked.

I acted out of character just now since I needed to give the information but now that it's done, I should go back to how I used to be.

"Luna? Are you mad?" Acacius asked amused

"Xander! Brother is being bad, he thinks that Luna is stupid." I whined tugging Xander's shirt.

What's with that dumbfounded face. Hold in your laughter and cooperate with me, I know you're reading my mind. Stop laughing!

"Oh no, it seems like the princess is sulking." Xander chuckled 

You traitor, I told you not to laugh. 

"Come here, I didn't say you're stupid." Acacius is clearly holding his laughter.

Ho~ so you think this is funny? Even though I'm the one who said that, it wasn't meant to be funny. This isn't the reaction I wanted.

"If Luna is stupid, brother is stupid too," I said walking towards Acacius while he picked me up mid-way.

"Okay, okay. I was wrong. Are you still mad, hmm?" He hummed. 

I'm not a child, I don't need to be coaxed. But, it doesn't feel bad to be pampered.

"...no"

I'll forgive you this time.