22

"Princess Luna, your highness. Do you perhaps remember this lowly one?"

Hmm~ he acts fast, doesn't he? It hasn't even been a week. I guess it is quite a good timing since I seem to be alone. But I'm not alone.

"Of course, Mister Baldy." I giggled

"Does Mister need something from me?" I asked innocently.

"Princess, won't you come over to my residence to talk over some tea? I would like to give you the invitation, will your snake bite me?"

I can pretty much predict what he wants to talk about...I guess I should pay a visit. Let's play along with his game and make him regret even trying to start one.

"Are you afraid of my snake? Even if he bites you, it won't be fatal." I said patting Arian's head and smiled "But don't worry, he won't bite, Earl Benjamin."

The head of the late first prince's faction and probably the master of that dead pig masked girl. So after trying to assassinate me, you can only turn to make me into one of your chess pieces, how ridiculous and cowardly of you.

"The time and address are written on this invitation card." I accepted his card.

"Wah~ what a pretty card! It has my favorite animal on it! Thank you." I cheered, of course, it's fake but I have to act like an innocent child.

"I'm glad your highness likes it, until then." He excused himself while I just waved.

"Xander, you heard everything right? Help me convince my brother to let me go, I'm sure he'll allow it if you ask." I said after the Earl is out of sight.

"My princess, what makes you think that I'd let you go? It's quite dangerous even if it's you." He appeared hugging me from behind while resting his chin on my head.

"It won't be if Arian go with me. It's the best and fastest way to get rid of that cunning old man. He's a big hindrance for my brother. There's going to be a lot of new young nobles this year last time I check, he'll easily brainwash them."

"I'll agree that it's the fastest way, but it's not the best way if you have to be in danger. I guess it'll be assuring if Arian went with you. And you're right, he'll definitely be a problem."

"I'll make sure to protect master. The lessons that I've been having from Nyx weren't for nothing." Arian turned to his human form. "And stop clinging onto my master."

"But getting Acacius's approval is the hardest thing of the plan." Xander sighed ignoring Arian.

"He won't allow his little sister to be in a dangerous situation again. I'll help but you'll have to do your part. That freezer only listens to you. Honestly, I don't want you to go either, you broke your promise last time." Xander sulked as his hold tightened.

"I won't break it this time. And besides, Arian received training now. He'll be able to protect me." I relaxed in his embrace. 

"If anything happens, I'll grab master and run." Arian turned to Xander.

"Well, I'll leave my fiancé to you." Xander said before turning to me " I've been meaning to ask you, why do you know how to deal with high society so well even though you were an actress in your past life?"

"I guess it was similar, there would always be someone who's in the spotlight and taking the lead. And there's something that will never change, the strong will always prey on the weak."

" You're right, how you play your cards can change everything." Xander finally released me from his hug.

"Xander, you shouldn't bring up my past life so casually you know? Only you who's also been reincarnated and Arian who's looked through my memory know about this." I smacked his head lightly while he just chuckled.

"Master, it's almost the time you promised to meet your brother," Arian said after looking at his watch.

"Ah, thanks for reminding me. Well then, shall we get going?"

After arriving ~

"Brother, you're preparing the tea today?" Usually, I'm the one who does that.

There's only one thing we can drink other than blood, which is tea. But it must be only purely tea, no sugar or milk. Honey is fine but too much of it will cause our stomach to feel bad

"I want to try it too since you do it every time. Xander told me that you need my permission to do something?" He smiled.

Brother's smiling? He's smiling?? My brother doesn't smile suddenly. This is not a genuine smile....ah that Xander. He told brother everything.

So that's what they were talking about just now...and that explains why there's only me and brother in the room right now. And why they left as soon as they've talked.

"Brother, would you allow me to go?" I asked carefully.

"No."  That was quick.

"Brother, I'll bring Arian and I'll be careful..."

"No. If you want to get rid of him so badly, I can just execute him."

"Brother, it has only been weeks since you've ascended the throne. You can't be that rash, that man has quite a reputation in the social circle. If you were to execute him for no reason...your reputation and trust from the people will be influenced."

"I can just make one."

"And that's why I'm going. I'll create a reason why he needs to be executed. Don't worry, he won't kill me since his plan needs me alive. Let me go, hmm?" He's not answering me huh?

"Brother...you're upset aren't you?" I tugged the hem of his clothes. "Brother look at me."

"Why are you feeling so uneasy?" I asked after seeing the look in his eyes. His pupils are shaking....ah his hands are too.

"I won't leave you, I promised." I hugged him. "If it makes you this uneasy I'll find another way, alright?"

He stopped trembling....that's good.

"I'm worrying too much, aren't I? Even when you're doing this for my sake. When it comes to you I just...Arian would keep you safe...I'll permit you."

"Brother...I'll worry about you too if I were in your position. Let's not waste any more time over this matter and enjoy some tea."

"Yea...you have to promise me, return safely to my side."

"I promise."