50

"Are you Luna?" 

Luna turned around, and faced the source of the voice. The pair of mysterious violet eyes met with her blue ones. What a beautiful person...but her eyes, they're empty, Luna thought in a daze.

"Yes...that's me. May I ask who you are?" Luna tilted her head.

"Come here." She ignored her question, her voice didn't held any warmth. "You don't need to pass the gates of death, it was my mistake. I'll bring you back to your brother."

Luna's instinctively walked towards the lady...Luna started moving before she realized it. She didn't know why, but she felt that this lady will not harm her...

The lady took her by the hand as she leaded her through the endless path of darkness, the white gates that stood gigantically tall got smaller and smaller the further they went.

"Blood Rose.." The lady murmured.

"Yes?"

"People call me...Blood Rose. I apologize, if I didn't send the book here, you wouldn't have to face something like that as a young girl." The lady glanced back at Luna.

"Books?"

"Dark arts and forbidden techniques." 

"Are you the creator? Then you're from another world..." Luna's eyes widened in awe while Blood Rose just nodded.

"It's my own choice to use dark arts, by all means it wasn't your fault. I appreciate that you came to bring me back though. Really, thank you." Luna beamed at her.

"...You don't suspect me of being a grim reaper?" Blood rose asked, Luna couldn't tell whether she was being serious or she was joking but...

"You may not show it on your face, but I feel kindness from you. The air around you is similar to my brother." Luna's eyes soften.

"Your brother...is an amazing person. That technique was incomplete and it was filled with errors yet he still managed to pull it off...if only I had your brother's talent." She was praising someone yet her voice held grief.

"But I think Blood Rose, you're a genius. To be able to create those spells, it's amazing. And about brother, it probably has something to do with his ability to control time." 

Blood Rose stayed silent.

 "You don't have to answer my question if it's too personal...but why are you trying to turn back time?" Luna asked softly.

"...There's someone I'm trying to meet again." Her eyes softened. "My motive for helping you is mostly because I'm trying to mend my mistakes...but it's also helping someone similar to me...because I know how hard it is...to lose the one that makes you look forward to another day."

"You must have loved that person..." Luna mumbled not knowing what to say.

"I still love him...but that's what makes it hurt...what am I saying to a child?" Blood Rose sighed supporting her head with her free hand.

"I may look like a child but I'm actually quite old..." Luna pointed to herself with a smile.

"But you are a child to me...I'm already 300..." She averted her gaze. 

"Is that so?" Luna's eyes widened...she's the creator of dark arts, of course she wouldn't age, Luna mentally scolded herself.

"En, we're almost there." 

Luna pondered on how softly the lady had spoken the entire way, her voice was soothing to the ears but it didn't held any emotions. And it felt like she didn't really fancy talking. Just like someone she knew...

"Somehow, I'm afraid of the lectures that will come my way when I meet them again." Luna felt a chill up her spine.

"You should expect that and, you should apologize to your brother. Angelica is with your brother right now, she told me that he isn't in a good state."

"I see...Angelica, that sounds like the name of the female lead in a romance novel I read when I was young."

"En, it's her."

"Eh?

"The thing you read is called 'inochi no hon', the book of life. It's common for one's book of life to appear in another world. You read Kang Mi-Hi's one didn't you? You couldn't have thought that there's an author who writes their female lead as such a shitty character, right?" She explained in a monotone voice. "Though hers was altered a little by the forbidden technique. your brother casted."

"...so complicated. You know so much..." Luna sighed.

"You're still the same..." Blood Rose mumbled to herself.

Why wouldn't she know what happened when she was the one who placed that book on her desk, the older one let out a quiet chuckle.

Luna heard a chuckle from the lady in front of her, making herself smile a little. Distracted in her thoughts, Luna bumped into Blood Rose as she came to a halt.

"We've arrived... After this, don't use dark arts again and burn that book. In the first place, the spells were created for immortals...it takes the life span of mortals after all."

"Understood. Thank you." Luna saluted playfully. "Will we meet again?"

"We'll meet again, if fate allows it. Next time, you can just call me Cel."

"Cel?"

"Celestria Hesperia, my name. Now get going...your brother is waiting and make sure to treasure those around you, Luna." She pushed Luna towards the white door. "I promised you, to protect you in another world."

A whisper in Luna's ears that might be carved into her memories for eternality...

"Unnie-" 

Luna's eyes teared up but she was already pushed into the door, falling from such height, only the face of the lady who resembled nothing of her sister, was so ever clear to her.

Though it was fleeting, though it was because of guilt, Celestria decided to help the victim of her spell, even just by a little...but to become sisters just because of that....even she, herself never expected that...

"Our time is up." Angelica spoke from behind. "We have to get going."

"I know." Celestria turned towards Angelica.

"Why did you have to be so cold towards her? I know you became her sister to investigate about the forbidden technique, but you guys did become sisters you know?"

"This is how I normally act." Celestria replied coldly.

"But, I guess you took a liking towards her since you've helped her by giving some information about her original world when you're acting as her sister,  and now you even saved her from the brink of death...you wouldn't care if it was someone else right?" Angelica smirked while the other averted her gaze.

"...I guess. I couldn't restore her life span that she wasted on the previous spells...but I've shorten it to 2 years so it shouldn't affect her too much."

"Uwaa...who knew you could be so benevolent?"

"Shut up." Celestria rolled her eyes. She turned back to look at the door, a small smile crept onto her face.

 "You've returned to yours and I'll return to mine. We both have a place that we originally came from. May we meet again, my little sister."

(A/N: For those for are curious when will my third reincarnation book be released, it'll be released when I finished 'My Brother Is The Tyrant Emperor'. I'll advertise it in this book~ Please check it out when it's published!! Thank you!)