chapter 45

"and then she said 'tell charlie im sorry, he didnt deserve anything i said or did to him, hope he can forgive me one day' and just walked away" i say with a mouth full of fries.

im currently picking up owen from the airport, he had just landed from his trip back from oklahoma. the girls and charlie wanted to prank him so i took it upon myself to pick him up and stall him so they have enough time to gift wrap and move all of owens things into charlie's old room. now we're currently eating in a wendy's parking lot catching up with each other.

charlie and i came home 2 days ago. our holidays were perfect, i even got to see my father once more before leaving.

"that's so crazy, i never thought your mom would apologize. what did charlie say?" he responded, also with a mouth full of food.

"well i told him everything, he looked a bit sad but he was more worried about how i was feeling."

"sooo how are you feeling?" owen raises an eyebrow at me, a small smile on his lips making me laugh a little.

"right now, i'm actually really happy." i smile back at him, his eyes meeting mine but i couldn't help but notice his smile fall a little. i turn the car on, ready to continue to drive the long way home.

"turn up the music owen, let pretend we're in a music video" i say turning up the volume, he laughs loudly before putting on his playlist.

we scream lyrics and dance the rest of the way home, getting judgmental looks from people on other cars and those on the sidewalk.

we finally pull up into our apartment building, i quickly text charlie to tell him we're here after i park the car.

"you know, i'm really going to miss this" owen says, causing me to look over at him in confusion.

"what do you mean?"

"not to get all emo or whatever but olivia you've really have become my best friend. and we only have like a month of filming left and then we won't see each other every day like we do now. and i don't know i was just thinking of how much i'll miss you" he says as he scratches the back of his neck, a shade of pink flushing across his cheeks.

"i'll miss you the most owen, just don't tell the others that" i tell him, smiling brightly at him before getting out of the car.

"im always a call or facetime away whenever you need me, who knows maybe i'll even go visit you in your yeehaw state" i continue as we make our way into the elevator, making him laugh wholeheartedly.

"stop calling oklahoma a yeehaw state!!"

our laughter dies down as the elevator gets to our floor. i started to walk towards his apartment but he places his hand on my arm, holding me back.

"i want to tell you something" owen says, his shy smile back on his face. i smile and nod my head, motioning him to continue.

"i um i think i might ask- well i want to ask um savannah to be my date to jeremy's wedding" he says, stumbling over his words.

the news catching me off guard, i smack his arm with excitement.

"you should O!!! you totally should, you guys would look so cute together" i encourage him as we keep walking, he smiles as he rolls his eyes.

"yeah yeah yeah this is between me and you alright, don't tell charlie or everyone on set will know"

"pfffft, me tell charlie?? never." i joke as he unlocks the door, we step inside the apartment and find charlie, madison and savannah sitting on the couch trying to play it off.