chapter 37

"i love you, i will always love you" 

his chest rises and falls rapidly, searching my face for a reaction. i feel my eyes start to water, i longed to hear the words come out of his mouth again after all these years. 

i start to walk towards him, his eyes widening as i put my hands on either sides of his face before pulling him in and kissing him. his tense body relaxes as he wraps his arms around me and kisses me back. my heart exploding with love for the beautiful boy in my arms. 

we both pull away, he rests his forehead on mine. 

"i wasn't expecting that" he laughs breathlessly, taking his lip between his teeth as he smiles. 

"you have no idea how long i've waited for you to say those words. i never stopped loving you either charlie. i love you, so much" i cant help my growing smile as i take in his face as i say the words. 

he places his hand on my chin, his cheeks burning red before speaking again. 

"please say it again" he pleads, his eyes turning glossy. 

"i love you charlie" i say before he brings me in for another kiss. he pulls me into him like we couldnt be close enough as my hands get lost in his hair. 

i pull away this time but he continues to kiss my entire face, making both of us laugh. 

"does this mean that um, that you forgive me?" he asks nervously and i feel my smile fall a little bit. 

"im still not entirely happy about the whole situation and what happened, but tori did tell me she was the one who kissed you. that you didnt do anything or kiss her back. so i do forgive you, just on the condition that you please be more considerate when i say i don't trust someone." 

"anything you say olive, i promise ill listen this time. thank you for forgiving me" he says putting his arms around me and placing a kiss on my head. 

"charlie! we need you back on set!" madi screams from a distance before seeing us in an embrace. 

"OH WE LOVE TO SEE IT" she screams before heading back into set, leaving us laughing at her humor.

"i should get back, are you still heading home?" he asks placing his hand around mine. 

"yeah, i wasn't really able to sleep so i want to go home and nap." i say truthfully as he nods at my response. 

"is it okay if i come over after we're done filming today?" he says hopefully as we start walking towards my car.

"i'd love that" i smile at him and he grants me the biggest smile back. we get to my car and he pulls me into him again, giving me a soft kiss. 

"i'll see you in a couple of hours olive, i love you" his entire face is lit up and more alive compared to an hour ago. his smile now permanent on his face. 

"i love you, i'll see you later." my heart beat races at his words. i get into the car and he starts running back to set. 

after so much anguish and pain, i finally feel at peace. i feel the tiredness really start to kick in on my drive home. my entire body feeling sluggish and my eyes starting to close involuntarily. i almost debate on actually going up to my apartment or staying in my car as i park it in my space. 

I finally make it up to my apartment. throwing my keys on the table and leaving my shoes at the door. i undress myself quickly, wanting to just be in bed already. i put on a big sleeping shirt and jump into bed, drifting off to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. 

i start to wake up a little bit as i feel the other side of my bed moving. 

"shhh olivia, its okay. its just me" charlie says quietly as he lays in bed next to me. he extends his arm out around me and i lay my head on his bare chest. 

"how did the rest of the day go?" i mumble, still incredibly sleepy. 

"it was okay, not as fun when you're not there. i missed you." he responds, running his fingers through my hair. 

"i missed you too lover boy" i smile a little as i feel his chest vibrate with laughter. 

we talk a bit more in that same position, before i feel myself drifting off to sleep again. i cant open my eyes anymore but im not fully asleep. i feel charlie tuck my hair behind my ear. 

"im so lucky to be loved by you." he whispers before i drift off into a deep sleep again. 

a.n. 

sorry this isnt that good but i thought it was cute. 

im really tired but i didnt want to go another day without updating lol ill update again tomorrow. 

also thank you so much for 63k!! im forever grateful for you all!