chapter 14

charlie's pov

i keep replaying the moment in my head. us on the balcony, a promising friendship and the moonlight illuminating her features. pieces of her hair framing her face and her eyes shining along with the city. 

my honey eyed girl

the rest of the night was spent laughing, singing and bantering. she seemed happy, that's all i could ever ask for. 

the next morning everyone woke up early to go back home and get ready for work. olivia stayed behind and helped clean up the mess that was made the night before. 

her hair was all over the place and her eyes were tired yet she still managed to get my heart beat racing. 

"you don't have to clean up liv, its okay. i can make owen help" i say stepping a bit closer to her. she smiled slightly at my words. 

"you and i both know owen will just shove everything into a cabinet." i laugh at how true her words are. "you're right, thank you." i say biting my lip trying to hold back another laugh as she tries to push her tangled hair out of her face. 

"one word about my hair charles and i will end you" she warns me, a playful look on her face. "i wasn't going to say anything" i say putting my hands up in defense. she holds up a empty water bottle and points it at me. "you better not or this will go straight to your head" she tries to threaten me but her smile fails her. "maybe it should go straight to YOUR head, i want to see if  it'll get stuck in your tangled hair" i say jokingly, she crinkles her nose in the cutest way and throws the water bottle at me. i dodge it and start running away from her, she's finding small things and pieces of trash to continue to throw at me. she finally hits me with another empty water bottle and i act as if i've been shot.

"man down! man down! i've been hit!" i say before dramatically falling onto the couch. "i wouldn't consider you a man, you're more like an overgrown baby" she jokes with me, taking a seat next to me. i put my hand over my chest and gasp. "words hurt olive" i try to hide my smile as she laughs again. 

"i've missed this" i say without a second thought. her eyes widen a bit at my sudden honesty and i feel my face turn red. "sorry i didn't mean to say that out loud." i admit, now feeling shy. 

you said you'd take it slow this time. the voice in my head reminds me and i feel even more embarrassed. 

"i've missed this too" she surprises me by saying. i look at her and she's staring at me with a small smile on her face. 

so pretty.

"oh liv, you're still here?" owen asks appearing from the hallway. she turns to look at him, a small smile still on her face. "are you trying to get me to leave owen?" she shoots back at him, her smile growing wider. "n-no, i just thought you had left with everyone else." he says a bit shy. 

"i stayed back to help charlie clean but we didnt do much" she laughs, looking back at me. my stomach does flips when her eyes meet mine. 

"i should get going though, i have to get ready." she says, standing up quickly. she looks at owen and then back at me. 

"charlie do you want to ride with owen and i today? dont worry, it's my turn to drive" she asks me, playing with her hands. a hint of pink on her cheeks. "HEY im an excellent driver" owen defends himself. "you drove onto the sidewalk while making a turn" olivia points out. "the sidewalk was in the way" owen laughs. 

"i would love to olive" i answer, smiling up at her. she stares at me for a moment before shaking her head. "okay losers, ill be back in like 30 minutes" she says grabbing her stuff and heading out the door. my eyes following her, she opens the door and smiles back at us before leaving. 

i get up and start making my way to my room to get ready

"hey charlie" owen calls out for me. i turn back around and see him in the kitchen. his eyebrows are furrowed and his hands are in his pockets. "yeah?" i reply to him.

he looks around the kitchen thinking of what he wants to say. he looks at charlie again and takes a deep breath. 

"is there something going on between you and olivia?" he asks in a soft voice, like if he's scared to know the answer. 

my eyes widen and i feel as if my heart fell down to my stomach. 

should i tell him the truth?

"what do you mean?" i ask him, furrowing my eyebrows as well. he shrugs and avoids eye contact with me. "i dont know, you guys just seem like there's something between you two." 

i dont know if i should say anything. i don't want him to interfere with olivia and i but i also don't want to tell him in case olivia doesn't want him to know. i just got her back and i cant risk losing her again.

"olivia and i met in high school, we were- um best friends but we had a falling out and i hurt her. i moved away without giving her an explanation or even an apology.  which is why she wasn't so happy to see me the first day on set." i tell him, his eyes now concentrated on me. "i've apologized now, she said she's going to forget about everything and we're trying to work through it"  

"so you guys were just friends?" he asks, stepping closer to me. 

no, i love her. 

"yeah, just friends" i say looking at the floor. "im going to go get ready" i say, going to my room before he can say anything else. 

did i do the right thing? 

he probably has feelings for olivia, that's why he wanted to know 

does olivia have feelings for him? 

does she still have feelings for me? 

my mind going 1000 miles per hour. im trying to convince myself what i did was the right thing. after i change, i head out to the living room. owen looks more relaxed. 

there's a knock on the door and we both head towards it, knowing it's time to leave. i open it to see olivia's smiling face.

"i got us coffee" she says happily, i cant help the smile that forms on my face. 

one thing's for sure, i will always be in love with my honey eyed girl. 

authors note: 

omg my heart. thank you so much for over 5k reads! i know im constantly saying thank you but im just really happy and grateful you guys have taken the time to read it. keep voting and commenting! i wrote this while at work so sorry if there's any mistakes. love you guys! - cyn <3