chapter 9

olivia's pov
of course he's moved on, you haven't seen him in 2 years. 
i shake my head trying to get of the thoughts. it's the next morning and i cant help but have a heavy heart. i should've known he would find someone else. with his way of being, he always attracted people. he was the life of the party anywhere he went. it shouldn't surprise me. 

maybe it's time you move on too. 

i sigh deeply standing in front of my mirror taking one last look at myself when i hear a knock on my front door. i grab my things and walk over to open it, revealing owen with a big smile on his face. 

"gooood morning m'lady" he says with a terrible accent and bowing a bit, causing me to laugh loudly. "good morning owen" he smiles and stands upright again, giving me a little white bag and a coffee cup. 

"so i was thinking since we're neighbors and we work together and since we're basically best friends now, i thought i would get you some breakfast and maybe we can ride to work together?" he asks scratching the back of his head, unsure of himself. 

"how kind of you, thank you. i will only go to work with you if i can play my music." i smile at him. "you got yourself a deal there liv." he says as i lock my door. 

"my only condition is when you drive, i get to play my music. oh and no playing frank ocean. i will swerve us right into a tree from crying too hard." i laugh again at his response

"okay weirdo, deal." i look over at him while taking the elevator down to the parking lot. "you have a really cute laugh" he says, a pink tint spreading in his face. i give him a shy smile feeling my face heat up too. 

we get into his car and he looks at me. "i didnt know how you like your coffee, so there's creamers and sugars in the bag. and i got you a donut but i would like to know both. how do you like your coffee and what's your favorite breakfast food?" i smile at his words. 

"i like my coffee with three creamers, two sugars. and i like banana bread as a breakfast food but donuts are good too." i assure him

"okay, noted. play your music and lets get this party started!" he yells as he starts driving. i pressed the shuffle button on my phone and what a feeling by one direction starts playing. 

"OH YOU'VE DONE IT NOW OLIVIA" owen yells over the music. he starts dancing and singing along in the most dramatic way. i cant help but match his energy. 

"BUT YOU'VE GOT STARS, THEYRE IN YOUR EYES. AND IVE GOT SOMETHING MISSING TONIGHT. WHAT A FEELING TO BE A KING BESIDE YOU SOMEHOW. I WISH I COULD BE THERE NOW." we both yell after replaying that song three times. 

"that would've been more fun if you didnt almost kill us five times." i tell him playfully. "you know you have the time of your life with me." he says getting out of the car. he's right.

we made our way onto set and into the hair and makeup trailer. "good morning!" i say as i walk in. "good morning liv!" jer says giving me a hug. madison walks over giving me a hug as well. 

i look over and charlie gives me a bright smile and a small wave. i give him a small smile back. 

"okay everyone! today you guys will be filming some parts in julie's house first. then while charlie and madi you guys film some more in the house by yourselves, owen you have to film some scenes with booboo. jer you have a small break but at 2 you have to go into the studio and record some vocals. also good news, tomorrow everybody has the day off!" i tell them and they all get excited. 

"WE SHOULD ALL DO SOMETHING" owen yells. "like hang out and go explore the city, maybe find something fun to do!" madison says. "im already making a groupchat" jer says excitedly.

"hey olivia" charlie says standing next to me. he's already dressed as his character 'luke'. the orange beanie looks really good on him.

"hi charlie" he smiles at me and looks around the room. "do you have time to talk now? we can go outside the trailer if you want?" he looks at me with hopeful eyes. "yeah okay" i nod, suddenly feeling nervous. we exit the trailer and go off to the side a bit. 

"sooo" i drag out, not really knowing where to start. charlie laughs a bit. "look olivia, i just want to apologize. for everything. leaving you was probably the worst decision ive ever made. we dont have to get into that if you dont want to but i do want you to know how truly sorry i am and how im willing to do anything to gain you back. a-at least as a friend." he looks at me nervously.

he only wants a friendship because he already has someone else. 

"look charlie, what you did really ruined me and its not as easy to just forgive you because you're sorry. but this is my dream job, you know that. i want this job to be memorable for all the right reasons. what happened between us was long ago and i get that but its still hard for me. i am not willing to forgive you just yet, not at now at least. but im willing to forget for a while and just be acquaintances, maybe even friends again."  i tell him playing with my hands, unsure of where to look. 

"olivia, i would want nothing more." he says grabbing my hands. i feel my heartbeat race and i look at him. "i will give you your space whenever you need it. a-and whenever you're ready to talk about what happened, i will tell you the whole truth. i - i just you have you back in my life, even if its just as acquaintances." he says stepping closer to me. he smells the same. like peppermint. 

i only nod at him, not really knowing what to say next. 

"is it okay if i hug you?" he asks shakily but taking another step closer.

"yes." i almost whisper. 

he wraps his arms around me and settles his head on my shoulder. i hug him back, my heart beating so loud, im sure he can hear it. 

"i've missed you." 

authors note:

my poor heart. do you guys ship olivia and owen or olivia and charlie?? 

also thank you for 1k reads! i never thought my story would get this much attention, but thank you. it means everything to me. keep voting and commenting! 

love you guys!! - cyn <3