chapter 36

i rushed back towards the hair and makeup trailer, trying to get rid of the anger im feeling inside of me. 

i know she confessed it was her fault and not charlie's but the nerve of her made me so angry. 

i step into the trailer and im immediately picked up into a hug by owen. 

"olivia! i missed you. are you okay?" i give him a small smile, nodding my head a little. im starting to feel too tired to function. 

i feel my small smile fade as i see someone move from the corner of my eye. i dont even have to look to know that it's charlie. 

"today we're only filming unsaid emily. we're starting at luke's parents house. then we do a scene in the garage where you guys play your instruments. then after that you guys have dance practice." i say before sitting down on the couch. 

"she didn't call us losers today, she normally calls us losers before telling us what we have to do." jer says to owen worriedly, thinking i cant hear them. 

"she's had a rough night jer, let her be." owen says, patting his shoulder. 

i finish my coffee and head out to set with owen. jer and madison stay behind with charlie. 

"are you sure you're okay?" owen asks before walking onto set.

"yeah owen, im just tired. i didn't sleep last night." i respond, exhausted of everything. 

"if it makes you feel any better, i pranked charlie by putting plastic wrap around the toilet seat. he wasn't too happy about it" owen says proudly and i cant help but laugh a little at his childish ways. 

"that did help a little" i smile at him before finally walking into set. 

"owen and olivia, good morning!" kenny greets us but his smile fades as he takes in my appearance. 

"olivia are you alright?" he asks, taking my hand in his. 

"yeah kenny, im okay thank you. just had a bad night." i say truthfully and he nods understandingly. 

"well come sit next to me. ill make sure to cheer you up, you'll be my co director today." he loops my arm through his as he walks me next to his seat. there are three cameras in front of us and three different monitors. i smile a little, appreciating kenny's sweetness. 

"just tell me what you like, what you dont like, if you think of any little thing that can be changed, whether big or small, voice your opinion." he smiles at me as charlie and madison walk onto set. 

"oh wow, ive never seen him so in character before" kenny says, motioning to charlie. 

his shoulders are slumped and his eyes are teary. his normal light and happiness nowhere in sight. his eyes find mine but i quickly look away, not wanting to focus on the pain in them. 

"okay charlie, you're going to be singing looking near camera #3, which is to olivia's right. try not to look directly into the camera. madison stand a little more to the right, it's only going to focus on charlie for this take." kenny instructs them. 

"quiet on set!" someone yells getting everyone to scramble around and hush. 

"okay, play the track! action!" 

the melody of the song starts playing, the lights are dimmed down and charlie's sad face is on all the monitors. 

first things first, start the scene in reverse
all of the lines rehearsed
disappeared from my mind 

charlie's voice sings over the track. the hurt on his face is so raw on the monitor. i look up at him to see he's already staring at me. 

When things got loud
One of us running out
I should have turned around
But I had too much prideNo time for goodbyes
Didn't get to apologize
Pieces of a clock that lies broken

my heart hurts looking at him but i cant find the will to look away. i feel my eyes well up with tears as he goes on to sing the next part. 

If I could take us back
If I could just do that
And write in every empty space
The words I love you in replace
Then maybe time would not erase me
If you could only know
I never let you go
And the words I most regret
Are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid Emily

i have to place a hand over my mouth to stop myself from crying too loud, finding it hard to breathe again. kenny rubs my arm, thinking im only crying over the scene. 

Silent days, mysteries and mistakes 
Who'd be the first to break?
Guess we're alike that way
He said, She said
Conversations in my head 
And that's just where they're gonna stay forever

charlie's really getting into the song, using it as his release of the hell he lived the day prior. wanting to scream and shout his endless love for olivia. 

olivia cries also as a release but this cry was different. this cry was the realization that she wants to forgive the messy haired boy for he is her great love. 

If I could take us back
If I could just do that
And write in every empty space
The words I love you in replace
Then maybe time would not erase me
If you could only know
I never let you go
And the words I most regret
Are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid Emily

"cut! charlie that was perfect!" kenny says as olivia wipes the tears from her eyes. everyone around them sniffling and sobbing as well. 

"what did you think olivia?" kenny asks her as she finally tears her eyes away from charlie. 

"like you said kenny, it was perfect." she responds with a small smile before continuing. "kenny i dont feel too well, is it okay if i take the rest of the day off?" she asks as the headache she's had all morning intensifies after crying too hard. 

"of course olivia, call us if you need anything." kenny kisses her hand before she starts to walk away from set. 

she inhales deeply as she makes her way to the parking lot. trying to regulate her breathing once more. 

"olivia!!" she stops in her tracks as she hears charlie's voice call out for her. she turns around but stays in place. charlie stops running, leaving a good distance between them as he catches his breath, his eyes still teary from crying. 

"i know i said i will give you space, i will keep my word but i just need to say this. just once. just in case you decide you dont want anything to do with me ever again." her heart beat races with anxiousness as charlie steps a little closer. 

"i love you olivia. so much. i never stopped loving you, not for a second. not even when we were apart. you were in my head every single day. for years, no matter where i was, my heart completely belonged to you. i love you, i will always love you.

a.n 

not me SOBBING writing this 

hope you guys dont want to kill me after writing this lol even if you do, dont forget to vote and comment! lol 

i probably wont post for two days so i hope that everyone who celebrates has a happy thanksgiving! stay safe, dont forget to wear your masks. if you dont celebrate thanksgiving, i hope you have a wonderful end of the week! remember to take care of yourselves, love you guys <3