chapter 5

the first day of school always brought me an unsettling wave of anxiety. i didnt like not knowing who my teachers are or who will be in my class. it was even worse this time around because i was starting high school today. a big new school and a ton of people that i didnt know. i wasnt the best at making friends but i did have a few, they were honestly all i needed. i met up with them as soon as i got on campus to see if we had any classes together. luckily i had my first two periods with my best friend camila. we rushed to class and sat next to each other as the bell rang. 

our teacher was already sitting at his desk with a sour face. "okay everybody be quiet!" he yelled. "im your teacher mr.bell, we have a lot to go through today so lets get through attendance quickly." 

as he was about to start reading names, a boy walked in through the door. a really cute boy.  he had long brunette hair all the way to his shoulders that really complimented his bright eyes. i couldnt tell if they were hazel or green from where i was sitting but that didnt stop me from staring at him. 

"you're drooling a bit liv" i hear camila say next to me and i quickly snap out of it, hiding my face in my hair. camila giggles at me. 

the cute boy hands him a paper. "take a seat and learn to get here on time young man." he says as he points near me. i look to my right and see the chair next to me is empty. i start to panic a bit. 

i look towards camila and she starts wiggling her eyebrows at me. i was about to tell her to stop it when i hear him settling down next to me. i keep my face forward, trying not to embarrass myself. 

"hi there" i hear him say. i look towards him and i feel my heart beat speed up. he was even prettier up close. i cleared my throat a little and managed to say hi back and smile at him. i feel my face start heating up but he returned a small smile back that was enough to have me swoon. 

the teacher had already started with attendance so i was mentally preparing myself to say 'here' when my name is called. saying it over and over again in my head. 

"olive garcia?" mr. bell looked up and i hear camila start laughing. i feel my face heat up again as i raise my hand. "here, but um my name is actually olivia." i say ."yeah okay" was all he responded back and continued. "charles gelspeck?" pretty boy next to me raised his hand up. "here, its actually charlie gillespie sir." he says sitting up a bit. "yeah okay." was all mr. bell said and continued on calling names. we both made eye contact and laughed a bit. 

"nice to meet you olive, im charlie. or charles gelspeck." he says to me with a playful look on his face. i laughed quietly. "nice to meet you too charles"  he gives me a bright smile. it instantly became my favorite. 

the sound of an alarm starts ringing and charlie begins to disappear. 

i wake up and turn off my alarm. i was dreaming about the first time we met. he always called me olive after that. how much i loved the way he had his own little nickname for me. i shake my head trying to get rid of the thoughts and memories. it really be your own self sometimes.

 i start to get ready for the day. i had to do a little more makeup than normal since my eyes were puffy from crying yesterday. 

im looking in the mirror one last time while putting on my earrings and i hear a really loud thud. it was followed by someone screaming "you idiot!" 

confused, i grabbed my bag and keys and started to head out. as i close my apartment door, i see someone crouched down picking some stuff off of the ground and throwing it inside a cardboard box. i start walking that way to get to the elevator, the closer i get the more familiar the person becomes. 

"owen?" i asked a bit confused. owen jumped and screamed a bit when he heard me. "JESUS" he exhaled loudly holding his chest. "actually its olivia" i say laughing. he laughs a bit calming down. "god is a woman or whatever ariana grande said" he jokes and we laugh together. "what are you doing here?" i asked looking at what looks like hair products and hygienic things across the floor. "what are YOU doing here?" he retaliates. "i live here, down the hall actually. apartment 301. i was heading to work when i heard all your noise." "NO WAY WE'RE NEIGHBORS. i knew this would be a good place to stay at." owen says happily. "im moving into this apartment, 305. im so excited liv, we're going to have sleepovers and karaoke nights OH WE CAN EVEN CARPOOL TO WORK" he screams in my face before picking me up into a hug. i laugh feeling excited to have someone around. 

the elevator door rings and it opens to someone carrying three boxes heading this way. 

"oh shit, hold on" owen goes and takes one of the boxes and i see no one other than charlie. i hold my breath and look down towards the floor. they put the boxes down in front of the door. 

"charlie you'll never believe it, olivia lives right down the hall. so when you annoy me, ill go stay with her" owen says sassily. i freeze for a second. 

"you guys are living together?" i asked owen and he nods. "yeah charlie and i get along great so we thought, you know why not? now it's even better because it's three of us!" owen hugs me again. i look at charlie and he looks at me with that haunting painful glare in his eyes. 

why does everything happen to me.

authors note: 

olivia cant catch a break lol im also writing running on two hours of sleep so im sorry if there any mistakes or if things dont make sense. its not edited. i hope you liked it!! - cyn.