chapter 41

"charlieeeee, come on we have to go" i complain as he packs the last of his things. as a procrastinator, he didnt start packing until last night, which has resulted in us now being late to head to the airport. 

"im ready" he says, zipping up his bag and walking towards me "are you pouting or do you want me to kiss you?" he teases, before leaving a quick kiss on my lips. 

"come on lover boy, let's get going or we wont make our flight" i say with a smile growing on my face. 

it's currently 5 am, the winter cold is unforgiveable as we walk fast towards charlie's bright orange car. we throw our luggage in the trunk and quickly get in, turning the car on instantly to warm up. 

"ready for this olive?" charlie asks as he begins to drive 

"im a little nervous but im ready, i havent seen your family in a really long time." 

"dont worry about it, my family loves you olive. my mom was literally jumping with joy when i told her we were back together." he looks over at me with a smile as he says that last part. my heart warms knowing they're happy for us, for him. 

I think of my mom and her actions, feeling myself deflate a little when i think of her being the reason we were ever apart in the first place. 

"olive" charlie snaps me out of my thoughts as he reaches over and takes my hand in his. 

"your mom will come around. i love you olivia, i'm never letting you go again." 

he brings my hand up to press a kiss on my knuckles, making my cheeks burn red and my stomach erupt with butterflies.

"i love you charlie" i say, my smile widening as the words leave my lips. 

after about an hour of driving, we finally get to the airport. as we run through security, we start to hear our flight being called for. 

"go go go!" charlie yells grabbing my arm and pulling with him as we run. 

"next time, please pack earlier" i say out of breath as we start to board the plane. i earn a breathless laugh from charlie.

"okay okay, i learned my lesson. i should always listen to you"

"as you should" we laugh as we take our seats and get ready for a long plane ride. 

"olive... baby wake up. we've landed" charlie says softly shaking me awake. i stretch out my arms, feeling sore from the uncomfortable sleeping position. 

"you're so cute when you're sleepy." charlie says leaving a kiss on my forehead before standing up and grabbing our carry on bags. 

we make our way off the plane and walk over to baggage claim. enjoying the feeling of walking after many hours of sitting in a small space. 

"meghan says she's already waiting for us" charlie says happily as he grabs our bags. i loop my arm through his as we start walking again. 

we make our way through the sea of people that also came home from the holidays, trying to find our way towards the exit. 

"charlie!!" we turn our heads towards the voice to see meghan waving her arms and her sign that says "olivia and the idiot" she runs towards us, jumping into the arms of charlie. 

"i haven't even been here for one minute and you're already bullying me" charlie complains while engulfing his sister into a hug. 

"it's my job to make you feel welcomed" she boosts, pulling away from charlie and looking over at me.