chapter 31

"charlie wait!!" i yell as i get up from the bed and search for my shoes. owen sits up from his position and widens his eyes. 

"OH NO I FELL ASLEEP" he jumps out of the bed fast. if looks could kill, owen would be dead right now. 

"owen you promised you'd wake me up! now charlie walks in on us sleeping next to one another and is angry!" i cant help but feel upset at him. charlie doesnt know how tired i was but if i were to suddenly walk in and see him sleeping closely with tori, i wouldn't be too happy either.

"im sorry liv, i swear it was an accident! please you've got to believe me! i even got ready within 10 minutes to make sure id be back on time for you. i sat down while i waited for your nap to be over and i guess somewhere along that, i fell asleep too. im sorry, ill explain to charlie. please dont be mad at me." he begs as he walks over to me. 

"we dont have time now, you have to go shoot your scenes" i say as i put on my other shoe. 

"he'll be there! ill tell him then. im so sorry olivia" 

we walk to the set of bobby's mansion. everyone is already there waiting, madison walks over to me with her eyes wide.

"liv what happened? charlie is mad mad" she says pulling me aside, i look towards him and his back is facing me. his posture is tense and he's not moving around a lot like he normally does. 

"i fell asleep in the set of julie's room and owen promised to wake me. he ended up sleeping next to me and charlie walked in. he didnt even let me explain" i furrow my brows, wishing i could just tell him nothing happened and he'd understand.

"why would he get so upset if you guys were just sleeping?"  

i see owen walk towards charlie, before owen even says anything charlie walks to the other side of the room. 

"we kinda had an argument yesterday. he looked over when i was hugging owen and crying, it was the first time owen spoke to me in a month and i just broke down. i guess charlie didnt like seeing us so close together" i shrug, now questioning charlie's apprehensiveness and anger towards owen. 

"it'll be okay, its you and charlie. you guys are soul mates. just talk to him after we finish filming today" she says quietly bringing me into her embrace. i smile as i hug her back.

"thank you mads"  i smile at her as she runs back onto the set. i sit behind kenny and some camera men as they begin to film the scenes. 

throughout the first hour and a half, charlie was really out of it. he kept stuttering and messing up his lines, he was really in his head. i can see him getting more frustrated with himself every time they yelled 'cut' to start the scene over again. 

"okay! how's this? we wrap for today, calm ourselves and come back tomorrow" kenny says to the cast. 

as soon as he's done talking, charlie rushes out off the set. kenny looks back at me with his eyebrows raised. 

"olivia, please check to see if charlie is okay" he says patting my shoulder. i nod and walk outside to find him. 

"liv wait!" i turn around and see owen run up to me. 

"let me speak to him first. he's really angry and i dont want him to yell at you for no reason. ill tell him everything." 

i look down at my hands and play with my rings. unsure of the situation but maybe he'll understand if it comes from owen. 

i hesitantly nod my head, giving him the okay. 

"please forgive me, it wont ever happen again" owen says stepping closer to me. 

"it's okay owen, it was an accident. lets go find him" 

we checked places where he normally is. we went by the crafts area and by the tables where he would sit down and work on his song. the only place left to check is his trailer. 

as we get closer, i can hear him talking, yelling almost. his trailer door is wide open, i stop owen before stepping near the entrance. 

"and suddenly its like her mom's voice in forever on loop in my head! i see her with owen and i cant help but feel insecure." my heart breaks at the sound of charlie's sad voice. 

"i know they're best friends and i know how much she cares for him, but her mother's words always come back and just consume me. he's been more successful in acting, he's been on big channels and now this and who know's what he'll do next. and then there's me."

"there's you and you're enough! you're the main lead in this big netflix show! you have many more things coming! she loves you charlie. its so obvious that she does. if she wanted to be with owen, she would be" tori's voice reasons with him. owen and i look at each other for a second, eavesdropping into their conversation more. 

"she hasn't said 'i love you' to me yet, not since we were younger." 

"well have you said it to her?" tori questions him, there's silence that follows but i know charlie shook his head no.  

"she would be stupid not to be in love with you" tori continues in a low voice. owen takes a step forward into the trailer and i follow his lead until he gasps, turning around. 

he pushes me back, trying to shield me from the view. but my focus is now on the hazel eyed boy who pulls away from the lips of tori, his face bewildered. my vision blurs as the tears start forming in my eyes. my heart shattered in a matter of seconds. 

i take a couple steps back and i see owen talking to me but i cant seem to hear what he's saying. my ears are ringing loud and my world starts spinning. 

it feels like my world is falling apart all over again.